PDA

View Full Version : Three new "Big" tunes

DeckstarDeluxe
16-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Let me know what you guys think.

Armand's got requested three times last night at Yates.

Martin's is one I love and played three times too last night.

Bob Sinclars is one I'm trying to find but have no luck in finding a download.

YouTube - ARMAND VAN HELDEN & Steve Aoki - Brrrat!

YouTube - Martin Solveig & Dragonette - Hello (Club Edit)

YouTube - Bob Sinclar & Sean Paul - Tik Tok

TONYTIGER
16-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Let me know what you guys think.

Armand's got requested three times last night at Yates.

Martin's is one I love and played three times too last night.

Bob Sinclars is one I'm trying to find but have no luck in finding a download.

YouTube - ARMAND VAN HELDEN & Steve Aoki - Brrrat! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oi0IJv5M2k&ob=av2el)

YouTube - Martin Solveig & Dragonette - Hello (Club Edit) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOHaZRvzP9g)

YouTube - Bob Sinclar & Sean Paul - Tik Tok (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKZuhPRj3T4&ob=av3el)

I agree 3 great tunes i posted Hello 4 months ago,but hey im old who would take any notice ;)

DeckstarDeluxe
16-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Sorry Tony I must of missed that only picked up Hello this week as it was released.

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Are you getting a complex Tony?

DeckstarDeluxe
16-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Just had a look at threads started by you Tony and cant seem to see when you posted it? Remember the thread?

surround sounds
16-01-2011, 02:21 PM
The 3rd one seems to have a bit of no limits by 2 unlimited.

DeckstarDeluxe
16-01-2011, 02:23 PM
The 3rd one seems to have a bit of no limits by 2 unlimited.

Seem? It does!!

hammy
16-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Tik Tok is on the Dance smash hits 2011 vol 1 and yes the music is from 2 unlimited, Asda have it as the wife just bought it

musicologydisco
16-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Yep. All biggies!

STEVE HANLEY
16-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Bought the Martin Solvieg one on Friday. Couldn't play it last night though as I was doing an 80th birthday party.:D I haven't checked but I think it's in the charts now number 29 or near enough, The other 2 the Friday night jocks on Radio 1 have been bashing them out for a while now

DeckstarDeluxe
16-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Aye I don't seem to get that many events where I'd play any of these as its purely weddings now so least Yates gives me the chance to play these and gauge reactions.

Charlie Brown
16-01-2011, 02:48 PM
I like the 'hello' tune but hated the rest.

Corabar Steve
16-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Oh dear, oh dear

The second one is OK, but nothing special.

As for the other 2, there is now officially no hope for the future of music.

Excalibur
16-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Oh dear, oh dear

Blimey mate, you've finally twigged. :p :D :D :D :D :D

Charlie Brown
16-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Oh dear, oh dear

So you liked them then? :p

TONYTIGER
16-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Sorry Tony I must of missed that only picked up Hello this week as it was released.

Thats ok,just put a link on ,not you tube,the video is funny with the tennis players,we get all the new stuff free many months before its available for release.It might have been released again as its used in a add on the box.

STEVE HANLEY
16-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Aye I don't seem to get that many events where I'd play any of these as its purely weddings now so least Yates gives me the chance to play these and gauge reactions.

I think if these hit the charts and as I said I think the Solveig one already has Neil.

Then there's a good chance we'll get to play these for the younger crowds at the types of parties mobile jocks do.

I like the 'hello' tune but hated the rest.

It's only the 2 unlimited sample that makes the Bob Sinclair record for me too

TONYTIGER
16-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Are you getting a complex Tony?

Yes sure am.;)

TONYTIGER
16-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Just had a look at threads started by you Tony and cant seem to see when you posted it? Remember the thread?

Found it ( So when does a dj need to retire or you really need to stay abreast of modern music) 15/11/10 post 74

It would seem this old man is ahead of the game .

DeckstarDeluxe
16-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I agree 3 great tunes i posted Hello 4 months ago,but hey im old who would take any notice ;)

Found it ( So when does a dj need to retire or you really need to stay abreast of modern music) 15/11/10 post 74

It would seem this old man is ahead of the game .

Just a shame you got your months in the wrong order hey ;)

TONYTIGER
16-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Just a shame you got your months in the wrong order hey ;)

Ah yeh ,but they sent it to me i think in Aug/Sept and have been playing it since then,but i agree with your music tastes all great tunes but not maybe for mobiles.

Corabar Steve
16-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Are you really another striped animal Tony?

Ecstatic Events
16-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Those three tracks are big alright.

A "BIG" pile of dog poo.

If I was working the bars and clubs still, I doubt I would be getting lots of requests for these tracks with the exception of "Hello" and TBH I was personally playing this track with its first release on Beatport last year (October/November)

Not doing anything for me I'm afraid. Even bored of "Hello" now :(

TONYTIGER
16-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Are you really another striped animal Tony?

Not sure what you mean Steve,but if i still do club work then a big YES.

Corabar Steve
16-01-2011, 04:06 PM
You're begining to sound suspiciously like a Badger

TONYTIGER
16-01-2011, 04:13 PM
You're begining to sound suspiciously like a Badger

Here we go again i simply said i liked the tunes and had been playing one of them for a while what is your problem opinions not allowed :confused:

Corabar Steve
16-01-2011, 04:17 PM
No problem.

Look up a few threads in the music forum by former member Have-a-disco

& then get off your high horse & see it as the joke it was intended as.

TONYTIGER
16-01-2011, 04:25 PM
No problem.

Look up a few threads by former member Have-a-disco

& then get off your high horse & see it as the joke it was intended as.

Sorry the joke passed over me i have no idea who Badger was and the connection you were making.

The high horse reference is very funny as i used to be a NH jockey very droll:)

DeckstarDeluxe
16-01-2011, 04:27 PM
right anyways............

As I said not really a mobile disco friendly track but if you take them for what they are then I think they are great.

Hello track when it kicks in on a decent pa small in a venue sounded great and the AVH doesnt do much but usually the only songs I get three requests for in one night is Rihanna's so nice to have a change :)

Corabar Steve
16-01-2011, 04:29 PM
The high horse reference is very funny as i used to be a NH jockey very droll:)
You look too tall in the photos you've posted.

TONYTIGER
16-01-2011, 04:47 PM
You look too tall in the photos you've posted.

Misconception most NH jockeys are around the 10 to11st mark in weight i am 5ft 7inches tall and still only weigh 10 stone 7 lbs and 30 inch waste its only the flat jockeys that are small . There are loads of the lads riding today round the 6ft mark.

simonp
18-01-2011, 05:38 PM
I played the Uk Single Edit of Martin Solveig in the middle of some charty dance stuff on Saturday and it totally bombed which surprised me as I had the younger crowd up and it'd been getting a lot of airplay all week.

I've got the Michael Woods remix which I really like and I'm sure that version would go down well in a commercial clubby set.

I also think the Bob Sinclar track has success written all over it.

Also one track I think may be big (it was part of the CD Pool Dance 6 pack last week) is the one below (Starjacker's - Somethings Happening)- I know it was actually released a couple of months ago but it might just have early summer anthem written over it - I personally love it as I love the original Geno, and i like how it's sampled in. The version below is a slightly different mix as i can't find the 'original mix' on You tube, but you'll get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeBoqK-mevg

Javlingames
20-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Been playing Braaaat in the club for a few months now and in general a poor response. I quite like it, probably abit too credible for the commercial clubbers. Hello is a song ive never even bought, heard it on the radio many times and i cant see myself ever playing it, never been asked for it either. Tik Tok is terrible in my opinion but probably will work on the floor.

Mark Wild
20-01-2011, 01:35 PM
ARMAND VAN HELDEN & Steve Aoki - Brrrat! has a really old school flavour to it, can't put my finger on the track it sounds like from back in the day. Kind of Home Boy Hippy - Total Confusion with Cubick - 808 and Altern 8 - E-vapor-8 stylie, love it !

Megamix
20-01-2011, 03:50 PM
As club music I'm sure they fit the bill - as crossover to general mobile I can't see them being successful.