PDA

View Full Version : Marketing for Proms/Sweet 16th's

DeckstarDeluxe
17-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Site has been up and active for good few months and doing very well. Weddings makes up all of my 20ish bookings I have for this year yet I've only had one enquiry for a Prom/Sweet 16th which turned out to be by far my best paying booking last year.

Anyone that currently does well with these types of events care to share the success and any sites worth being on to encourage this?

Chris1984
17-01-2011, 08:18 AM
this could make for an interesting read. i did a few last year and they are by far the easiest gigs after the mtv show went to air - all they are interested in is simple cheap parties that look expensive - just like the tv show!

DeckstarDeluxe
17-01-2011, 08:22 AM
this could make for an interesting read. i did a few last year and they are by far the easiest gigs after the mtv show went to air - all they are interested in is simple cheap parties that look expensive - just like the tv show!

That might be an issue hence why I'm doing some research.

The one that I did do last year however had starlit dancefloor, starcloth backdrops and was a really enjoyable gig.

Charlie Brown
17-01-2011, 08:56 AM
I have one prom confirmed and with any hope another one too.

I'm not really fussed about them TBH.

Dynamic Entertainment
17-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Proms are something that i just cannot crack. I think its down to the fact that they are held in hotels, and the venue gives the a "good deal" on their resident DJ...

DeckstarDeluxe
17-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Proms are something that i just cannot crack. I think its down to the fact that they are held in hotels, and the venue gives the a "good deal" on their resident DJ...

Maybe however I'm looking at the type that are trying to out do each other where they want the extras etc...

Plenty of "posh" schools around here so there is scope there. Its just breaking into the market.

abracadabradisco
17-01-2011, 09:24 AM
I was asked to quote for a school prom last year but lost out as the hotel resident was £40 cheaper at £160. It was my sons prom night and he and several friends arrived in the loooooooong car they hired to find the disco on stage with 2 small lights and a sound system that was not suitable for the large marquee.
The school prom organiser has been in talks with me but not confirmed the booking this year as yet. I am at the school next week for a year 7 gig though and will suggest he confirms the prom night.

DiscosMobile
17-01-2011, 12:34 PM
I do alot of school proms/ Leavers Balls/ Christmas Parties (for schools/colleges) probably 20 a year some May-July and December. Most come through hotel and then the agent and they all pay reasonable rates (not £120's) to the agent. And some come through the prom fairs but they have less money to spend which is why they are shopping..

To be honest the from a marketing point of view most of them are midweek, most of them finish early (11pm-12pm), and most of them are looking for "inexpensive" entertainment.

So just slap a big 20% off Normal Price and hopefully you will get some interest.

They are dead easy and every song you play they scream too :) how annoying.