PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Watching The England v Greece Game?

dj_ags
16-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Half time score:

England 4-0 Greece

New manager, new captain, new era! And what a start to the new era.

We've ditched the negative, defensive football regularly deploid by Sven, and as a result, we are 4 goals to the good. We are playing some good flowing football and we are "entertaining" for once :omg:

Lets hope it is a sign of what is to come!

Paul James Promotions
16-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Another couple of goals to come i reckon :D

dj_ags
16-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Another couple of goals to come i reckon :D

Hopefully, but we have taken our feet off the gas so to speak since half time.

Still 30 minutes plus stopage time to play though :)

dj_ags
16-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Full time score:

England 4-0 Greece

Took our foot off the gas in the second half, but the job was effectively done in the first half. Definately positive's to be taken from this game, as we played some entertaining football in the first half.

Very typical second half though, but its only a pre-season game really. Lets hope we can carry this over for the Andorra game on 2nd September.

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Nice to see McLaren is a bit more flexible with formations though.

dj_ags
16-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Nice to see McLaren is a bit more flexible with formations though.

Indeed :)

I was pleased with Gerrard on the right, he had a good game there. Also, Hargreaves had a good game with Lampard in the centre..i just hope Bayern let him come to us (Man Utd) for £13m. Would be good having him and Carrick in the centre as it would be good from an England view. Terry and Rio were solid at the back, and overall, the team played well.

Lets hope this is a sign of what is to come :)

Candybeatdiscos
16-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Can't wait till McLarens Team come up against Walter Smiths Rampant Lions...I really wish they would bring back the home internationals...

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Can't wait till McLarens Team come up against Walter Smiths Rampant Lions...I really wish they would bring back the home internationals...

Rampant lions? :omg:

Apart from that I agree! :)

dj_ags
16-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Yes, it would be good as we never really seem to play the home nations, apart from in qualifiers. It is a great shame we don't meet in major tournaments, like the World Cup, and Euros...but still :beer: :teeth:

Come on guys, at least another home nation has got to mount a serious bid to qualify for Euro 2008. However, i have heard that Scotland and Wales are to bid to host the 2012 World Cup as we have got the Olympics. You might stand a chance of qualifing for a major tournament if the bid is successful as the host nation(s) get automatic qualification to the tournament :teeth:

BeerFunk
16-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Terry and Rio were solid at the back, and overall, the team played well.
Certainly not 'solid', no. There were a few mistakes that Greece didn't capitalise on, and remember it was Terry that let Crouch in to steal the win for the Charity Shield. It is still pre-season in England though, so the sharpness and fitness isn't expected to be 100% yet.

Despite getting a (lucky) goal, I still think Lampard should be dropped - if Beckham gets back to anywhere near his best, he should take Lampard's place. This would allow Gerrard to come into the middle again, where he can create more chances. In saying that, I think Lennon has proved he must be in the first 11 - great player!

As for us playing England, I would have fancied our chances if Sven was still in charge, but not now :sad:

Candybeatdiscos
16-08-2006, 10:15 PM
nah i honestly feel that its gonna be Scotlands turn...i think the english will struggle over the next few tournys....its scotlands turn....i think we will qualify for euro 2008

Jiggles
16-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Go scotland http://www.scottishgolfhistory.net/images/Saltire05.JPG

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-08-2006, 10:58 PM

So, Mr CD, you got a bit braver after your earlier self deleted post then? :teeth:

Have a disco
16-08-2006, 11:03 PM
ok good 1st half followed up by mediocre 2nd half.....

they went all defensive but whom could blame them it as a world cup recovery

PS sort out your DREAM TEAMS for your SEASON NOW ..................................... 3 days togo?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Corabar Steve
16-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Rampant lions? :omg:

Apart from that I agree! :)
This is a rampant lion :teeth:

BeerFunk
16-08-2006, 11:50 PM
This is a rampant lion :teeth:
Oh, I thought it was something like this :D

Corabar Steve
17-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Tha's more of a rampant pillock. :teeth:

musicinmotiondi
17-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Indeed :)

I was pleased with Gerrard on the right, he had a good game there. Also, Hargreaves had a good game with Lampard in the centre..i just hope Bayern let him come to us (Man Utd) for £13m. Would be good having him and Carrick in the centre as it would be good from an England view. Terry and Rio were solid at the back, and overall, the team played well.

Lets hope this is a sign of what is to come :)

SHUT UP

I was working and did not see the game.

musicinmotiondi
17-08-2006, 10:08 AM

Is this a new road sign or something

Jiggles
17-08-2006, 11:14 AM
So, Mr CD, you got a bit braver after your earlier self deleted post then? :teeth:

Ye i picked up the currage :teeth: Go Scotland

Corabar Steve
17-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Ye i picked up the currage :teeth:
Was that with popadoms & rice? :teeth:

musicinmotiondi
20-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Nobody explained the new road sign then !!!

Sorry joke machine has dried up

Jiggles
20-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Nobody explained the new road sign then !!!

Sorry joke machine has dried up

Its the thing you see lost of when you cross the border :teeth:

Candybeatdiscos
20-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Its the thing you see lost of when you cross the border :teeth:

calum is that MOST of you meant?