PDA

View Full Version : Business cards

mg ents
16-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi,

Just designing some business cards to send to the printers, I seem to wanna put everything on it but obviously there is limited space.....what do you think is the most important stuff to get on there, obviously name, contact numbers etc.... I have put in the PLI and PAT verification logo's too.... do you think this is necessary......HELP

Shaun
16-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Too much info on the card is not something I would personally not go for.

Name
Contact details (phone / email)
Website address
Slogan (if you have one)

Maybe go for double sided cards if you wish to add extra info.

soundlad
16-08-2006, 09:08 PM
and it probably worth looking into magnetic buisness cards as some companies on the net are starting to do them.

dj_ags
16-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Keyrings perhaps. This ensures that the customer is more likely to keep hold of your contact details, and not lose them. Also, they will also have it handy so they can pass on your details in case of a friend/family party.

I Hope you get my drift as it isnt worded that "great" but just a suggestion anyhow :)

DMX Will
16-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Like EliteDJ said, keep it simple, if you have a logo, slap it on too.

Magnetic cards and keyrings are a bit pricey guys! (Correct me if im wrong!)

www.vistaprint.com are good deals with b cards :)

Edit:
If you want to see our card its at www.virtualsights.co.uk/bussinesscard.pdf

Adam_F
17-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Once you've ordered something from Vistaprint, you get special offers mailed to you all the time for great deals. I'm getting their offers emails at least once a week, with their 6 best products for free (part from postage & packaging). For example the other day I ordered 100 postcards, 25 business magnetic cards & 140 return address labels and it cost me £8.32, I think thats good value, even if I think their normal prices are a little too pricey! I usually take up their offers every 2/3 weeks, so always got plenty of postcard/flyers/magnets/business cards/stickers etc...

Have a disco
17-08-2006, 01:49 PM
beware of the fraud vistaprint site though money disappering from accounts all over I here

I run off my own business cards using decadry PCpapers 120 cards for £10 Ideal for a quick amount and you can design them to your own needs

Adam_F
17-08-2006, 02:43 PM
beware of the fraud vistaprint site though money disappering from accounts all over I here

As in a site that looks like vistaprint? or their site in general? Perhaps I shouldn't use it as much then :omg:

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-08-2006, 02:47 PM
As in a site that looks like vistaprint? or their site in general? Perhaps I shouldn't use it as much then :omg:

I should make up your own mind and not listen to rumours.

Paul James Promotions
17-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Vistaprint are great, have used them on several occasions. No problems as yet! :D

A-L_Vibez
17-08-2006, 03:00 PM
ive always used Vistaprint find them quick and a great price, got postcards done from them and they looked great and as said before the offers that they email you are brilliant, infact that reminds me im needing somemore done soon as we are running out!

Shaun
17-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Alternatively try printing.com. I highly recommend them, the quality of their products are fantastic.

Steve 'B'
09-11-2006, 04:02 AM
Cheap cards for a cheap DJ. Cards say alot about you.

Ricesnaps
09-11-2006, 05:41 AM
Thumbs up for Vistaprint, but be warned, don't go anywhere near anything that offers free rewards or discounts. It's called VPrewards and is very very cunning - we had little idea they would use our Vistaprint payment details for this and then not cancel when asked and keep taking money - £9.99 a month and they still claim it's been canceled.

Don't let that put you off vistaprint though, just be careful!

bobmo
16-11-2010, 09:00 PM
deleted

Corabar Entertainment
16-11-2010, 09:01 PM
I think you're in trouble for copyright reasons if you've stolen images / designs that belong to someone else!

:bang:

Charlie Brown
16-11-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm having some done by Toby (Bogfrog)

I'll let you know how he does. :sj:

StarZSoundS
16-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Do you ever wonder what happened to those old members from 2005...the business has an extremely high attrition rate methinks!!

Corabar Entertainment
16-11-2010, 09:22 PM
:offtopic:

Charlie Brown
16-11-2010, 09:29 PM
:offtopic:

But an interesting one!

I feel a thread coming along....

StarZSoundS
17-11-2010, 05:43 AM
But an interesting one!

I feel a thread coming along....

:beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

I agree.....Good Lad....you do it!!I'm bound to get into trouble!!!;) ;)

Something along the lines of....

On average how long does a DJ stay in business (or keep his Hobby...as pointed out to me the other day???).

Or ..."Whatever happened to........"I've heard the name Badger mentioned(Have a Party)...click on his Website ...he still seems to be going strong!!:) :) :) :)

Corabar Steve
17-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Or ..."Whatever happened to........"I've heard the name Badger mentioned(Have a Party)...click on his Website ...he still seems to be going strong!!:) :) :) :)
That's Have a disco you ejit! Just because somebody leaves or gets banned from a forum doesn't mean that they give up the business.

& it's still OFF TOPIC! I will delete any further off topic posts in this thread, so if you really want to discuss it Martin, why don't you stop being so lazy & start your own bloody thread! :sj:

paulg
17-11-2010, 12:30 PM
Simple is best. A nice looking card catches the eye as opposed to one with clutter. We use

Company Name
What we do (disco, karaoke, hire etc)
Website address
Phone

On the back, we provide a bit more about what we do and that's it.

Never had a problem with vistaprint. Pay more for a glossy finish. It looks better than matt especially if you use colours.

Vectis
17-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Never skimp on business cards.

Or, if you DO skimp, skimp on the throwaway ones that will adorn bars and community centre noticeboards.

The ones that go individually into punters' hands should be really nice ones.

thex-faders
17-11-2010, 06:11 PM
We're really happy with our cards. http://twitpic.com/34q4kz

We've got logo on front & website with phone number, email, facebook, twitter on the back.