PDA

View Full Version : Bose 802's V's RCF Art 310's

DiscosMobile
19-01-2011, 01:59 PM
I have been offered one of my friends old equipment for my RCF's 310's

But for my 2 small speakers I will get in return 4x Bose 802 tops and 2 bose subs amp and crossover.

Am I still living in the old times when Bose was king.. I think its a good deal because I dont have to spend any more money on sound..

I need the bigger rig and can sell my old bass bins too..

Is it a good deal or do people think I am swapping for junk from quality..

Rick

TONYTIGER
19-01-2011, 04:06 PM
I have been offered one of my friends old equipment for my RCF's 310's

But for my 2 small speakers I will get in return 4x Bose 802 tops and 2 bose subs amp and crossover.

Am I still living in the old times when Bose was king.. I think its a good deal because I dont have to spend any more money on sound..

I need the bigger rig and can sell my old bass bins too..

Is it a good deal or do people think I am swapping for junk from quality..

Rick
Do they come with the controller and you need to kook at the 4" drivers in the 802s as they are subject to failure.In money value if ok condition wise the Bose is worth more than the RCFs

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
19-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Id Never ever consider this swap....and if theres no BOSE controller as
mr Tiger says i wouldnt touch the deal with a bargepole!
Bose are expensive to keep going...your RCFs wont be as.....
Dave

DJDC
19-01-2011, 07:35 PM
if they are a good set of Bose then it could be a good deal with the right controller, individual replacement drivers for the 802's can be obtained I think for around £50 each (or atleast that's what I remember). Check which version of the 802's they are, then check the condition of the cones before committing. My Mate has had 4 pairs over the years and only recently sold one pair. I used 4 with the later controller with a pair of Peavey 18's
only last Saturday and was not dissapointed. A new pair of 310's are under £800, one pair of used 802's (series 2) with controller on ebay for £550, So potentially cost wise a good move. Are the bose subs 302's or smaller units? 302 acustimass units will go for £500 +. Look them over carefully and also listen to them carefully before committing there are some good ones out there but also some which may have been ex hire series 1's or 2 which may have been used all their life full range and well knackered. I will say though they will take some stick!

DJDC
19-01-2011, 07:35 PM
I would add if someone offered me 4 802's and 4 302's for my EONS, or even 4 802's on their own I'd be tempted.

deltic
19-01-2011, 09:23 PM
as long as they are not battered to bits,and work perfectly

if i had a pair of rcf's ......then i would have some of that.

DiscosMobile
20-01-2011, 07:53 AM
They come with the controller and amp.. He just only does small functions Old DJ.. and he only uses 2 of the 802's now.. the rest probably have not been used in 5 years which is why he offered the swap.

They are the big Bass Bins too..

I do decent sized rooms now and have RCF tops and Peavey Bass Bins mix and match and when you hook up the bass bins you have to be careful as they overpower the tops..

Condition ok but I dont fancy buying to find out that 6 of the drivers are knackered and need replacing..

Value wise its better, but sound wise after buying the 310's I realise i need the 15" Versions £1000 and then I need the Bass to follow to match £1500 for 2.. So could be looking at a 2.5k spend eventually or swap for a ok quality system but i dont think they are as good sound wise as RCF and probably will sell them to get better RCF lol..

Supreme Soundz
20-01-2011, 08:39 AM
i ran a set of 802 mk2's for years with the system controller good punchy sound loved them i bought mine cheap and re coned the pair, you can buy kits on the internet using modern speaker technology rather than the paper cones, i did this as one cab needed 4 speakers, compared it to the other with original speakers and i thought it was better and was cheap,i also fitted speakon plates to the rear too. think it was 100 a kit for the drivers per side.

id go for the deal if your not happy you could sell them on e bay and buy what u want

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-01-2011, 10:21 AM
i ran a set of 802 mk2's for years with the system controller good punchy sound loved them i bought mine cheap and re coned the pair, you can buy kits on the internet using modern speaker technology rather than the paper cones, i did this as one cab needed 4 speakers, compared it to the other with original speakers and i thought it was better and was cheap,i also fitted speakon plates to the rear too. think it was 100 a kit for the drivers per side.

id go for the deal if your not happy you could sell them on e bay and buy what u want

Please refrain from using text talk. Thanks. :)

Cj_The_Dj
21-01-2011, 10:05 PM
I Like Bose 802s, Its Worth The swap... I Don't like the bose bass bins,

For large Gigs I use 2 pairs of 802s off a t.amp 2400 with bose contoller and a crossover for my hk 18" bass bins works really well...