PDA

View Full Version : My kit when it arrives

marting
19-01-2011, 04:49 PM
As most will know I'm new to this thought would be good idea to set up a mobile disco.......

Below is a list of the kit that im starting with,( I will playing cd' untill such time as my legitimate music collection grows then getting a pro dub and then play via laptop.)

Speakers: 2X American Audio DLS15P 15inch Powered Speaker
CD Mixer: Numark ICD Mix 2
Light Controller: Electrovision Soundlab Black DMX Scene Setter
Lighting Effects:Kam Mighty Kaleido Laser, American DJ Fusion TRI FX Bar, Amirican DJ Dekker LED,
Starcloth and controller
DJ and Lighting stand.

Dont want to come across a £60 quid sid so your thoughts welcome.

Thanks

mattydinx
19-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Dont want to come across a £60 quid sid so your thoughts welcome.

That all depends on whether you'll be charging £60 I suppose!

Not a bad setup, A LOT better than what I started out with! Personally I don't see the use of a DMX desk when you're first starting out (unless there's a specific reason for using it) - Make sure the music's right first, then concentrate on what your lights are doing.

Have you done any gigs at all yet? - If not, get practicing! - Learn your music collection like the back of your hand. A few years ago I had mine down to an art, someone asked for a song I'd know whether or not I had it, and where it was in my CD collection...then I found PCDJ and now I don't know where anything is!

Also, learn the ins and ours of your equipment - A friend of mine once used my twin CD players and to his confusion - couldn't find the "stop" button...

Find the quickest and most efficient way to set your rig up, mine was always a case of Sound first - Lights Second.

Simple things like G-Clamps for your lighting save a ton of time! - For years I was screwing my lights to the stand with a nut & bolt, used to take about 5 minutes - bought a set of G-Clamps, and it took less than 30 seconds to hang all my lights.

Looks like you're making a good start though - keep it up!

STEVE HANLEY
19-01-2011, 06:51 PM
[A friend of mine once used my twin CD players and to his confusion - couldn't find the "stop" button... ]!

:eek: :eek: :eek: He obviously wasn't a DJ then?:D :D :D

mattydinx
20-01-2011, 07:22 AM
Lol - clearly not! - I would've thought with the cue button being red and right next to the Play/Pause button, it would've been a give away....apparently not :D