PDA

View Full Version : made myself stainless deck stand

Supreme Soundz
20-01-2011, 12:02 AM
does any one use the ultimax stand with the lighting bar, and has the powder coating chipped off and its looking rusty and does the fact you get left with 4 quite big sections become annoying for transporting?

i had not very long ago a stainless frame made, which seperates the two sides into 4 bits and the cross frames into 4 individual bars all of which have anti rotation tabs on, ive done it in such a way how the frame protrudes 200mm infront and above the deck shelf with a rigid bar across
a) so my decks don't get seen tidys it all up and
b) so if it gets knocked my decks don't get knocked

the stand comes into 12 bits all straight bars and fits into a tripod stand mines 1500 wide

just used my ultimax lighting bars

cost about 160 to have made pluss the knobs wont rust compact and takes about 5 mins longer to errect il try to get some pics up

Get Me A DJ
20-01-2011, 03:16 AM
does any one use the ultimax stand with the lighting bar, and has the powder coating chipped off and its looking rusty and does the fact you get left with 4 quite big sections become annoying for transporting?

One of my companies has a shot blast and painting facilities.
You should of mentioned it and we could of quoted you on a shot blast and respray.
Would of worked out cheaper than what you have done

Supreme Soundz
20-01-2011, 08:22 AM
yeah i thought about blasting but the new frame has more advantages to me its more stable has more depth, ofeers me deck protection with the front bar, with my banner fitted the decks cant be seen rather than buying a ultimax bracket to hold the cloth out and up, or using a booth, and being stainless it will last a life time rather than chipping the powder coat and ending up back where i started plus for me the ultimax one was inconvenient as the base only came into 4 large bits, with this one coming into more parts its more transportable for me and adds about 5 mins to my set up, i alllow a hour but can do it in 45

thats stand & light bar

2 dynamo 2 dyna rock kam dmx 120 laser

2 cdj1000 mk3 djm-800 mixer serato box

2 tripods db tech opera 405's then abstract xp1's under

connect test and tidy wires

banner on

party on

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-01-2011, 10:28 AM
One of my companies

You appear to have a lot of companies - what do they all do?

Excalibur
20-01-2011, 11:50 AM

Be patient, you impetuous youth you. ;) Apparently we may find out at BPM. ;)

Get Me A DJ
20-01-2011, 12:38 PM

Sorry, but I'm not going down this route again.
I had a falling out last year with a certain person calling me a liar about what I did and did not own.

Let's just say I own 4 companies and they are all legal and trading. :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Sorry, but I'm not going down this route again.
I had a falling out last year with a certain person calling me a liar about what I did and did not own.

Let's just say I own 4 companies and they are all legal and trading. :D

As I suggested via PM, if you aren't going to be upfront about what you do, then I wouldn't bother mentioning your 4 companies. :)

Get Me A DJ
20-01-2011, 12:54 PM
As I suggested via PM, if you aren't going to be upfront about what you do, then I wouldn't bother mentioning your 4 companies. :)

I'm not trying to gain bragging rights as that's not my style, but I'm here to help you guys if you needed it.
Some of you run multi companies and good luck to you, but I have a tendency of referring to one of the other companies if I can see a way of helping (in this case SS with the shot blasting)

For those who want to know the landing page for the group is: http://www.s7e.biz (http://s7e.biz)

Get Me A DJ
20-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Be patient, you impetuous youth you. ;) Apparently we may find out at BPM. ;)

Ooops, Pete slipped through the net.
All will be apparent at BPM which you WILL find out :D

simonp
20-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Anyway, back to the OP - any chance of some pictures please?

soundtracker
20-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Anyway, back to the OP - any chance of some pictures please?

Good shout Pridders, I'll be blowed if I can visualise!

Supreme Soundz
20-01-2011, 02:55 PM
here is a few pics just bolted it all together 5mins 16 seconds sorry the pictures are from my i phone

Corabar Steve
20-01-2011, 03:40 PM
I have to say, that is pretty cool.

Apart from the fact that the knobs on the front would prevent you from hanging any sort of frontage neatly.

Back to the drawing board, I await mkII with baited breath.

Supreme Soundz
20-01-2011, 04:13 PM
frontage is no problem their not noticable even with my printed polyester banner a thick starcloth even better in this picture you can see some creases coming from the side this is because the goal post bars arent in so the clamps for them are causing creases :) ps this came about 5 mins ago and has never been hung

Corabar Steve
20-01-2011, 04:20 PM
I fail to see how they can't. They stand at least 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch proud of the bar.

Why isn't the logo creased when the curtain is at the same point?

Supreme Soundz
20-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I can make it so the front knobs are on the side by putting a hole in the anti rotation plates and a captive nut on the upright! But to me it isn't a real problem it's no different to the knobs sticking out the sides of the ultimax and having a star cloth wrapped around the sides, I think it looks relatively neat the fabric is a bit crisp and brand new tidy will probably hang better in time I've seen slot worse frontages The pros for me far out weigh the cons it's clean shinny more stable and offered me better protection it the unfortunate happens one knock and a deck can easily slip down the gap on a ultimax this the front bar protects that and dismantles more than the 4 clumsy bits I have with my rusty ultimax :)

simonp
20-01-2011, 05:11 PM
looks rather nice as an alternative - nice work fella :thumbs_up:

Supreme Soundz
21-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Was just playing with ideas tonight has any one changed their cross bar to some small trusslight? Was also thinking of ways to black out the upright tubes, lookin at photos think this will tidy the look of it maybe some black cloth wraps with Velcro this will also hide the power cables etc? Does any one use the abstract xp lights?

Get Me A DJ
21-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Was just playing with ideas tonight has any one changed their cross bar to some small trusslight? Was also thinking of ways to black out the upright tubes, lookin at photos think this will tidy the look of it maybe some black cloth wraps with Velcro this will also hide the power cables etc? Does any one use the abstract xp lights?

Yep, and the Mad kit as well :D

I also carry spares for all of the Abstract range of lights as well (and we don't buy off Lek Trix either).
Ok, I had to get that in :run:

Supreme Soundz
21-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Ideal thats good to know I've got a pair of I still use and a pair of xp3' flight cased in a road ready style case which I've taken off my rig and running dynamos and dynarocks instead? What would the be worth with the case as I'm going to e bay them?

Pe7e
22-01-2011, 01:17 AM
I also carry spares for all of the Abstract range of lights as well (and we don't buy off Lek Trix either).

Do you have the nut/handle assembly for the mounting bracket (XP range) price inc P&P??