PDA

View Full Version : Great day at phase one

flatliners
21-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Had a great time at mikes shop on Wednesday YouTube - Phase One Open day January 19th 2011

mattydinx
22-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Looks like it was a great day, I'll have to have a mooch on down to the next one!

Ecstatic Events
22-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Does Jonathan? (guy in the video at the start) frequent this forum - Ive seen some of his youtube videos :)

flatliners
22-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Don't think he is on the forum but he's a really nice guy

Charlie Brown
22-01-2011, 04:53 PM

Maybe so but some of the things he teaches and suggests to other DJs (in his video) are illegal and wrong IMO.

Ecstatic Events
22-01-2011, 04:56 PM

Probably too busy doing youtube videos :D - His PO system is unreal for a mobile jock.

2 x DVJ-1000
1 x Pioneer SVM1000 :eek:

Ive seen less spec'd Nightclub Booths ;)

Charlie Brown
22-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Probably too busy doing youtube videos :D - His PO system is unreal for a mobile jock.

2 x DVJ-1000
1 x Pioneer SVM1000 :eek:

Ive seen less spec'd Nightclub Booths ;)

Does that make him a good DJ? :confused:

Anyone who recommends playing YouTube videos at a wedding isn't a good jock IMHO.

Shakermaker Promotions
22-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Are you saying that Charlie because generally, whenever this bloke's name appears, the majority take the mick out of him?

Personally, I think he is doing a decent job with his reviews and videos. I don't like the "Practice and Enjoy" thing but he seems a decent bloke who knows what he's doing. Sometimes he states the obvious but what may seem obvious to us, may not to people just starting out etc.

As for illegal stuff Charlie - Can you elaborate on that as I haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Charlie Brown
22-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Streaming music from YouTube if you don't have the tune etc...

Ecstatic Events
22-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Does that make him a good DJ? :confused:

Anyone who recommends playing YouTube videos at a wedding isn't a good jock IMHO.

Did I actually say he was a good DJ or was I just passing comment about his PO, get a grip Charlie...

Personally I don't think he is an amazing DJ, but some of his tutorials would be of benefit to the younger DJ's starting out.

Charlie Brown
22-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Personally I don't think he is an amazing DJ, but some of his tutorials would be of benefit to the younger DJ's starting out.

Encouraging illegal music sharing?

I'm sure he is a nice guy but I don't agree with his practises.

Ecstatic Events
22-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Encouraging illegal music sharing?

I'm sure he is a nice guy but I don't agree with his practises.

Obviously actively encouraging illegal music sharing isn't best practice. Tut tut

Practice and enjoy (your free music!)