PDA

View Full Version : Yet another VDJ question!

MikeW
22-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Has anyone tried to increase the font/text size in VDJ (my eyes are at a bad age!). I think it is possible, but not sure how easy it is to do.

Thanks

Mike

DJ Jules
22-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Has anyone tried to increase the font/text size in VDJ (my eyes are at a bad age!). I think it is possible, but not sure how easy it is to do.

Thanks

Mike

I don't think it's possible, I think the font sizes are set in the Skin which is being used. However, check out the forum on the virtual DJ website, there's a whole load of skins, including ones with large fonts - VDJ comes with a useful feature to make the search area fill the whole screen temporarily, which makes it easier to locate tracks.

Julian

DJ James Lake
23-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Yes you can change the sizes. Open the .xml file for the skin in a text editor and look through for the font size and change them then re-save

MikeW
23-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Yes you can change the sizes. Open the .xml file for the skin in a text editor and look through for the font size and change them then re-save

Thanks for that James. I went in to the xml file and can see where to change it, but it won't allow me to change the size/it does not allow me to make a change when I right click on it. May be the way my laptop is set up?

DJ James Lake
23-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Thanks for that James. I went in to the xml file and can see where to change it, but it won't allow me to change the size/it does not allow me to make a change when I right click on it. May be the way my laptop is set up?

You need to open it with a text editor like notepad, you then select text in the same way as any other text document.

There will be a number relating to the text sizes throughout the .xml file
for example 12
change it to 14 or any other size, dont go silly though as it will throw the layout of the skin out if you do.

When done simply save.

MikeW
23-01-2011, 08:57 PM
You need to open it with a text editor like notepad, you then select text in the same way as any other text document.

for example 12
change it to 14 or any other size, dont go silly though as it will throw the layout of the skin out if you do.

When done simply save.

Thanks, I will give that a go

DazzyD
24-01-2011, 01:58 PM

for example 12

When done simply save.

I would have thought that any change in font size would affect the overall layout which could result in button label text not displaying in the right place for example. Or are we just talking about changing the font size for track info/library areas of the screen?

DJ James Lake
24-01-2011, 04:18 PM
I would have thought that any change in font size would affect the overall layout which could result in button label text not displaying in the right place for example. Or are we just talking about changing the font size for track info/library areas of the screen?

as long as you don't go silly it will be fine, a couple of point sizes should be ok and enough to make life easier. Obviously if you go mad it will mess things up.