PDA

View Full Version : FA Barclaycard Premiership (Season 06/07)

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 11:42 AM
First game of the season:

Sheffield United v Liverpool (Kick Off Delayed Until 12:50)

Live now on Sky Sports 1

Commentry to follow shortly...

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-08-2006, 11:52 AM
URZ

First match in the Premiership for Reading today! :teeth:

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Opening weekend fixtures:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, 19 August 2006

Arsenal v Aston Villa, 15:00
Bolton v Tottenham, 17:15 (Live On Prem Plus)
Everton v Watford, 15:00
Newcastle v Wigan, 15:00
Portsmouth v Blackburn, 15:00
Reading v Middlesbrough, 15:00
Sheff Utd v Liverpool, 12:45
West Ham v Charlton, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 20 August 2006

Chelsea v Man City, 16:00 (Live On Sky Sports 1)
Man Utd v Fulham, 13:30 (Live On Prem Plus)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting fixture today Daz, with Reading playing host to Middlesbrough!

My score prediction:

Reading 0-0 Middlesbrough

Good luck to all of the promoted teams, with Sheffield Utd, Reading and Watford all playing today!

Corabar Entertainment
19-08-2006, 12:01 PM
Bolton v Tottenham, 17:15 (Live On Prem Plus)
Will we be getting live commentary on this one too? :teeth:

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Will we be getting live commentary on this one too? :teeth:

Unfortunately not. I will provide goal updates and commentry off the BBC Sport website, but i am looking into getting the PPV service added to my sky package, but i do not totally agree with it as BSkyB get enough money off us already, so im in two minds whether to get it or not!

My commentry will be provided on matches screened on the Sky Sports channels (88 matches in total i think :teeth: )

Corabar Entertainment
19-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Unfortunately not. :sad: :cry:

Jiggles
19-08-2006, 12:31 PM
:sad: :cry:

Scott how dair you mak Angela cry :teeth: thats my job :teeth::teeth:

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 12:35 PM
:sad: :cry:

I will offer "third hand" commentry on the game, but it will be provided from the BBC Sport/Sky Sports websites..so don't get too down heartened :teeth:

Scott how dair you mak Angela cry :teeth: thats my job :teeth: :teeth:

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Anyway, the half time whistle has blown in the first Premiership match of the season, and the score at Bramall Lane is:

Sheffield United 0-0 Liverpool

Fairly even game by all accounts, but it has been Sheffield Utd who started the better side out of the two. They haven't been intimidated by Liverpool, and have shown that by going at them. During the opening 10 minutes, Liverpool didn't know what hit them! I think Liverpool have an eye on Tuesday's Champions League game but have been delt massive blows with Jamie Carragher and John Arne- Riise suffering from ankle injuries.

Second half about to get under way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And its taken 50 seconds of the restart, and the deadlock has been broken in this game, and the first Premiership goal has been scored of the new season.

Sheffield Utd 1-0 Liverpool

Shocking defending as the free kick came in, and was met with the head of Rob Hulse, leaving him to head home past Pepe Reina.

More to follow im sure...:)

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Its taken 20 minutes, and Liverpool have finally equalised....from the penalty spot.

Sheffield Utd 1-1 Liverpool

Steven Gerrard was bought down inside the area, and Kop hero Robbie Fowler duely obliges from the spot to put Liverpool back on level terms!

More to follow :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Very dodgy penalty...

And why wasn't the defender sent off then?

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Very dodgy penalty...

And why wasn't the defender sent off then?

He should have been :mad:

If it was Rooney, then he would have. Bit of a controversial comment but im sadened about his ban being upheld. Scholes should serve his 3 match ban, but Rooney shouldn't have got send off as it wasn't intentional :mad: (im talking about the Amsterdam tournament that we took part in during pre-season)

Typical referee's...always want to have the limelight. Thats a point, where is Ian, he hasn't been on for ages.

(Did you like the link there :) )

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 01:46 PM
The full time whistle has blown, and the honours are even.

Sheffield Utd 1-1 Liverpool

The first game of the Premiership season ends 1-1, Robbie Fowler's contentious penalty for Liverpool denying new-boys Sheffield United an opening day victory.

Have a disco
19-08-2006, 02:16 PM
just what we didn't need a draw but then we did kick chelseas butt on sunday HE HE

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 02:34 PM
just what we didn't need a draw but then we did kick chelseas butt on sunday HE HE

And you lot reckon that you're the team to challenge Chelsea rather than the mighty red devils...not going on that performance you won't :teeth:

37 more matches to go though :)

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 03:03 PM
So the half time whistles have blown everywhere, and the scores are:

Arsenal 0-0 Aston Villa
Everton 1-0 Watford
Newcastle 1-0 Wigan
Portsmouth 1-0 Blackburn
Reading 2-2 Middlesbrough
West Ham 0-1 Charlton

You were 2-0 down Daz, but you have pulled back 2 goals to level the scores. The goals were scored by Paul Kitson and contract rebel Steve Sidwel. Kitson nearly scored a third but didn't make contact. Aparantly wasn't far away though. You have them on the back foot, and Gareth Southgate's side must have thought what has hit them in the latter stages of the first half.

Lets hope you pull off the second upset of the day, and that Watford get back into their game at Goodison Park :)

More to follow im sure :thumbs_up

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 03:26 PM
You were 2-0 down Daz, but you have pulled back 2 goals to level the scores. The goals were scored by Paul Kitson and contract rebel Steve Sidwel. Kitson nearly scored a third but didn't make contact. Aparantly wasn't far away though. You have them on the back foot, and Gareth Southgate's side must have thought what has hit them in the latter stages of the first half.

Lets hope you pull off the second upset of the day, and that Watford get back into their game at Goodison Park :)

And now you have added a 3rd, thanks to Leroy Lita smashing into the top corner. Quality cross from Kevin Doyle set him up to slot away and make it 3-2. Certainly a fantastic comeback, which is no doubt complete...yet :)

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 04:05 PM
So the full time whistles have now been blown...and what an afternoon. Here are the results:

Arsenal 1-1 Aston Villa
Everton 2-1 Watford
Newcastle 2-1 Wigan
Portsmouth 3-0 Blackburn
Reading 3-2 Middlesbrough
West Ham 3-1 Charlton

So there we go, the comeback is complete, and two out of the three promoted clubs perform upsets on the opening day of the season.

Next game kicks off is:

Bolton v Tottenham Hotspur

This game is live on PremPlus, but i haven't got this facility so i cannot commentate on it :( I will offer score updates, and half/full time analysis is BBC Sport provide them.

I bet you will be on the Caffrey's tonight then Daz after that thrilling win :thumbs_up

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 05:09 PM
The half time whistle has blown in the late kick-off this evening.

Bolton 2 - 0 Tottenham

Kevin Davis and Ivan Campo provided the two early goals as Bolton scored two goals in 4 minutes.

More to follow :)

Corabar Entertainment
19-08-2006, 05:32 PM
%$!&@*?/!!! :mad:

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 05:34 PM
%$!&@*?/!!! :mad:

You learn something new every day - Angela is a Spurs fan :teeth:

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 06:41 PM
You won't be pleased Angela, the match has finished:

Bolton 2-0 Tottenham

So it was just the Kevin Davis and Ivan Campo goals that separated the teams at the final whistle.

Corabar Entertainment
19-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Oh well, all I can say is, when we start well it's usually downhill from there on in so I'm hoping this will make it the other way round! :omg: :)

BeerFunk
19-08-2006, 08:41 PM
I will offer "third hand" commentry on the game, but it will be provided from the BBC Sport/Sky Sports websites..so don't get too down heartened
Is this for people who only have half the internet, and so get this site but not BBC or Sky's? :)

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Is this for people who only have half the internet, and so get this site but not BBC or Sky's? :)

:teeth: LOL :teeth:

Well if you want to provide the match analysis, then please go ahead :)

Your team didn't do to badly today did they Callum :thumbs_up :teeth:

BeerFunk
19-08-2006, 08:57 PM

Well if you want to provide the match analysis, then please go ahead :)

Your team didn't do to badly today did they Callum :thumbs_up :teeth:
Na, I'd do the Scottish leagues but 1. Nobody cares and 2. I don't have the time :teeth:

Yes, crackin result, really pleased - will definitely rattle Romanov's cage (for those that don't know - the slightly erratic majority shareholder of Hearts :) )

:thumbs_up

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Na, I'd do the Scottish leagues but 1. Nobody cares and 2. I don't have the time :teeth:

Yes, crackin result, really pleased - will definitely rattle Romanov's cage (for those that don't know - the slightly erratic majority shareholder of Hearts :) )

:thumbs_up

If you did have the time, and wanted to, i would like to hear about the Scotish leagues as i think they are heavily un-regarded in the world of football. I would especially like to hear about the old firm derby's, and maybe go and see one as a neutral spectator.

Im sure some of the members on here would also be interested in the Scotish commentry, especially on derby day :)

BeerFunk
19-08-2006, 09:10 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Er... no I don't expect you to talk about Scottish football, as I know there is little interest in it down there! There isn't that much more interest in it up here mind you ;)

Actually, and this is true, we get more English football on the TV than Scottish football :omg:

BeerFunk
19-08-2006, 09:13 PM
The Old Firm derby truly is electric, yes! Although you should go as a Rangers fan ;)

Many players who play in these games say there is a better atmosphere than Milan-Inter or Real-Barca!! The trouble is, there is genuine hate between some sets of the opposing fans, which has nothing to do with football :(

But that's another story!

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 09:14 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Er... no I don't expect you to talk about Scottish football, as I know there is little interest in it down there! There isn't that much more interest in it up here mind you ;)

Actually, and this is true, we get more English football on the TV than Scottish football :omg:

As i said, i think i mis-interpreted your last post, which has now been edited to save more confusion :)

The Old Firm derby truly is electric, yes! Although you should go as a Rangers fan

I'll get my head kicked in either way though right :teeth:

BeerFunk
19-08-2006, 09:19 PM
I'll get my head kicked in either way though right :teeth:

:omg: Of course not! :omg:

dj_ags
19-08-2006, 09:28 PM
:omg: Of course not! :omg:

*breathes a sigh of relief*

Thank God :teeth:

I would personally go as a Celtic supporter as i did follow them a few seasons ago when they totally dominated the league, and Rangers didn't get a look in.. but lets hope Paul Le Guen can reverse that in your fortune. How are our (Man Utd) loan-ees doing in your side?

Lets hope Hearts can reverse their defecit in the Champions League 3rd Round Qualifier 2nd Leg on Tuesday/Wednesday, as i would like to see them in the CL for the 1st time.

However, going to an "Old Firm" derby is on my list of future plans, i can assure you of that!

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-08-2006, 12:18 AM
There's a Scottish league? :teeth:

soundtracker
20-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Too much Caffreys celebrating Readings assault on an European place Daz- I think you may have dreamt that one!!

Jiggles
20-08-2006, 09:45 AM
He might be a little tipsy http://www.werchter.nl/forum/images/openbb/smiley/4.gif

dj_ags
20-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Too much Caffreys celebrating Readings assault on an European place Daz- I think you may have dreamt that one!!

I don't think they'll get that far up the table, but certainly will be a surprise package this season. Just like Wigan last season, everyone was writing them off, and look how well they did! Lets hope John Madejski gets his cheque book out and gives Steve Coppell some cash to strengthen his current squad further before midnight on 31st August (when the transfer window shuts)

Still early days yet though as there are still 37 more games to go :)

Candybeatdiscos
20-08-2006, 10:27 AM
personally reckon that the old firm should join the english premiership, but feel that the teams down south are running too scared...after all you guys have what 5 or 6 decent teams who pretty much usually end up in top 6 , but rangers & celtic would end up top 3 in most seasons so that pushes some of the wee teams out the league...and puts the noses of the bigger teams out of joint.....

wont ever happen but then again thats because premiership too scared

dj_ags
20-08-2006, 11:34 AM
personally reckon that the old firm should join the english premiership, but feel that the teams down south are running too scared...after all you guys have what 5 or 6 decent teams who pretty much usually end up in top 6 , but rangers & celtic would end up top 3 in most seasons so that pushes some of the wee teams out the league...and puts the noses of the bigger teams out of joint.....

Scared of Rangers and Celtic...i very much doubt it :teeth:

To be fair, the SPL isn't the most "challenging" of leagues for Rangers, Celtic or Hearts lets be honest. In my opinion, it would be good if the "old firm" came into the Premiership, but IMHO, they wouldn't really challenge the "top 4" and as a result, they would finish in between 5th and 8th spot.

Lets get them im so they can prove me wrong ;)

However, this could happen in the next few years, as the Scotish FA are aparantly going to invite some of the teams from the Coca-Cola Championship to play in Scotland in a new league that is currently in the pipeline. Im guessing that this league would be a "rival" to the SPL, and would possibly work in a "one up, one down" system. Perhaps, the "Old Firm" and a few other "decent" Scotish teams in the SPL could come in the opposite direction and play down here in the Premiership :)

Have any of you guys who live North of the border heard anything about this?

Have a disco
20-08-2006, 11:49 AM
so OK who does everyone support

A) locally
B) generally
C) in scotland
D) Europe

heres mine

A) Colchester (use to be Cambridge Utd til they fell out the top 4 leagues)
B) Liverpool (long term fan)
C) Celtic
D) AFC Ajax bring back there good times

dj_ags
20-08-2006, 11:54 AM
1) Chasetown - i now play for their youth academy, so i follow their first, reserve and youth team sides!

2) Manchester United - not a glory hunter...supported them ever since i was born!

3) Glasgow Celtic - supported them ever since their domination of the Scotish league. Followed them avidly last season due to the true legend of the game Roy Keane gracing the pitch at Celtic Park!

4) FC Barcelona - have seen Barca play at the Nou Camp while i was on holiday. If you are near Barcelona anytime in the future, i would recommend watching a game..fantastic stadium!

musicinmotiondi
20-08-2006, 12:06 PM
There is only one team for ME

IPSWICH

BeerFunk
20-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Scared of Rangers and Celtic...i very much doubt it :teeth:

To be fair, the SPL isn't the most "challenging" of leagues for Rangers, Celtic or Hearts lets be honest. In my opinion, it would be good if the "old firm" came into the Premiership, but IMHO, they wouldn't really challenge the "top 4" and as a result, they would finish in between 5th and 8th spot.

Lets get them im so they can prove me wrong ;)

However, this could happen in the next few years, as the Scotish FA are aparantly going to invite some of the teams from the Coca-Cola Championship to play in Scotland in a new league that is currently in the pipeline. Im guessing that this league would be a "rival" to the SPL, and would possibly work in a "one up, one down" system. Perhaps, the "Old Firm" and a few other "decent" Scotish teams in the SPL could come in the opposite direction and play down here in the Premiership :)

Have any of you guys who live North of the border heard anything about this?
Yes, but the reasons for the second SPL are controversial, they won't benefit Scottish football any further. There really is no point to it. The one thing I think would help Scottish football is to limit the number of professional clubs. If you took the approximate population of Scotland, and divided that by the number of top flight clubs you get :

5000000 / 42 = 119047

If you do the same in England, you get :

50000000 / 88 = 568181

Now, I know that is only a rough representation of the fans/club ratio - but it would be fair to say there is at an average of 4 times the amount of fans to a club down south.

This is why there are clubs in the lower Scottish leagues who play in sheds with a man and his dog watching. In my opinion, there should only be 3 pro leagues in Scotland, which would ultimately lead to larger crowds at each game, improving Scottish football as a whole.

Anyway................. as for Rangers and Celtic in the Premiership...

Well, in the first few seasons I would not expect too much - certainly not top 4. However, due to the massive potential support, and the increased revenue received from sponsorships etc - it wouldn't be long until both clubs were knocking on the door of the top 4, if not getting into it :)

so OK who does everyone support

A) locally
B) generally
C) in scotland
D) Europe

heres mine

A) Colchester (use to be Cambridge Utd til they fell out the top 4 leagues)
B) Liverpool (long term fan)
C) Celtic
D) AFC Ajax bring back there good times
A) Tranent Juniors I suppose, but not really! :)
B) Glasgow Rangers - follow follow!
C) Umm.... see above!? In England, most of the northern clubs - Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle etc
D) No-one really, quite like Barca because of their tremendous players though!

3) Glasgow Celtic - supported them ever since their domination of the Scotish league. Followed them avidly last season due to the true legend of the game Roy Keane gracing the pitch at Celtic Park!
They've never really dominated the Scottish league since the 60s/70s!! They had a terrific spell under Martin O'Neill, but never won more than 2 titles back to back! Whereas, we won 9 league titles in a row just last decade! :cool: :beer: :teeth:

Also, Roy Keane was a shadow of his former self for the half-season he played at Celtic. The league was won before he even signed, yet the gap was narrowed soon after ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-08-2006, 01:09 PM

They'd have to go in the Championship for the sort of standard they play at.

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-08-2006, 01:12 PM
There is only one team for ME

IPSWICH

Is that the same Ipswich sitting 3rd bottom in the championship - played 4, lost 3 and drawn one....? :teeth:

BeerFunk
20-08-2006, 10:50 PM
They'd have to go in the Championship for the sort of standard they play at.
Explain please?

I know that the SPL is poor quality, but Rangers, Celtic and perhaps even Hearts would avoid relegation this season if they were in the Premiership.

As for Reading, well that remains to be seen ;) :p

(Although I'll go on the record now and predict they will finish at least 15th, and Watford and Sheffield Utd will finish in the bottom 5 :))

dj_ags
23-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Just to bring you up to date with tonight's final scores:

Barclays Premiership

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Reading
Charlton 0 - 3 Man Utd
Fulham 1 - 1 Bolton
Man City 0 - 0 Portsmouth
Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Chelsea

What an upset! Mark Viduka scored an injury-time winner to ensure Chelsea went back to London with nothing :teeth: Good result for us, although we were a little sloppy at times in the first half, but we are top of the league :teeth: . And finally, comiserations Daz but hey, you're 10th in the table and still on the same points as Chelsea :beer:

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-08-2006, 11:01 PM
I think, on the face of it, without having watched the game, that's not a bad result...(apart from the loss:D)

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Actually, so.....

Reading beat Boro and Boro beat Chelsea.....

Got to be good!

ian stewart
23-08-2006, 11:04 PM
How about the mighty Shrimpers, bet they finish above the tractor boys of Ipswich

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-08-2006, 11:06 PM
How about the mighty Shrimpers, bet they finish above the tractor boys of Ipswich

Without looking...Southend?

dj_ags
23-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Without looking...Southend?

Computer says yes :omg:

The Shrimpers is the nickname of Southend Utd.

:thumbs_up :beer:

Have a disco
23-08-2006, 11:09 PM
thats readings honeymoon over for sure eh daz

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-08-2006, 11:12 PM
thats readings honeymoon over for sure eh daz

What honeymoon?

We won one game and that was a bit of a struggle to begin with.

Now we have lost one, as have many others in the top flight.

If you are trying to wind me up Badger, don't bother - I am still surprised that we are there at all!

dj_ags
23-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Wigan away at the JJB is the next game for The Royals :teeth:

But i reckon you can still come away with a result.

Weekend fixtures:

Saturday, 26 August 2006

Charlton v Bolton
Fulham v Sheff Utd
Liverpool v West Ham
Man City v Arsenal
Tottenham v Everton
Watford v Man Utd
Wigan v Reading

Sunday, 27 August 2006

Aston Villa v Newcastle
Blackburn v Chelsea

Monday, 28th August 2006

Middlesbrough v Portsmouth

Have a disco
23-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Id never try to wind you up!!! reading are on a dream 2 season splurge with Madjeeski pulling the finacial strings you may just stay up but dont count on it. Lets face it who'd have thought wigan staying up last season???

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Id never try to wind you up!!! reading are on a dream 2 season splurge with Madjeeski pulling the finacial strings you may just stay up but dont count on it. Lets face it who'd have thought wigan staying up last season???

I would have done and did, considering they had a chairman who spent so much money.

Have a disco
24-08-2006, 12:38 AM
but will he have enough to keep the team up

dj andy allwood
24-08-2006, 07:00 AM
well done middlesbrough !!!! :)

good luck to all the teams at the weekend especially mine lol :teeth:

dj andy allwood
24-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Newcastle have there man!!!!!
Obafemi Martins belongs to the toon!!
He might even be introduced tonight at St James' Park when we play FK Ventspils in the UEFA cup.!!!

BeerFunk
24-08-2006, 11:10 AM
We won one game and that was a bit of a struggle to begin with.

Now we have lost one, as have many others in the top flight.
I believe that makes you tied with Chelsea on points.. :D

I don't rate your centre back - Sonko :thumbs_do

Newcastle have there man!!!!!
Obafemi Martins belongs to the toon!!
He might even be introduced tonight at St James' Park when we play FK Ventspils in the UEFA cup.!!!
I don't understand why you're so pleased about that?! He might be rubbish for all you know! :)

Did anyone see Thatcher's shocking challenge on Mendes last night?! :omg:

I thought it was absolutely horrific, and I hope he gets a long ban and a large fine for it! :mad:

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-08-2006, 11:14 AM
I believe that makes you tied with Chelsea on points.. :D

I don't rate your centre back - Sonko :thumbs_do

To be honest, he was absolutely solid last season, and improved big time. He's like a wall - not much got past him last season. Good in the air and just boots the ball out, which is fine for the Championship, not sure about the Premier League though :sad:

Have a disco
29-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Middlesboro 0 - Portsmouth 4 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so much for the giant killerz LOLOLOL

dj andy allwood
29-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Middlesboro 0 - Portsmouth 4 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so much for the giant killerz LOLOLOL

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha too

do you know why they lost? cos i put a bloody boro player in my team :mad:

musicbox
29-08-2006, 12:55 PM
Glad to see POMPEY 2nd. in the table Hope it stayes that way.

PLAY UP POMPEY

Have a disco
29-08-2006, 01:13 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha too

do you know why they lost? cos i put a bloody boro player in my team :mad:

Have removed riggot from my team in disgust was so good last year but was pants in that match lets see how A ferdinand does instead

dj andy allwood
29-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Have removed riggot from my team in disgust was so good last year but was pants in that match lets see how A ferdinand does instead

bring back les ferdinand great player he was!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-09-2006, 03:30 AM
Well, we went to Reading FCs open day/evening a couple of days ago.

My son got a free shirt and we also got to see Reading Vs Aston Villa reserves for free, and it wasn't bad match as it happens....

A nice little scuffle which ended in a Villa player being sent off towards the end too - always a good example for the loads of kids watching..

Anyway, we were walking round the outside of the stadium and spotted Dave Kitson, so the kids had their picture taken with him and I couldn't resist getting mine done as well!

And yes, he is very tall before anyone comments!

dj_ags
01-09-2006, 09:35 AM
I just couldn't believe how events in the transfer window unfolded yesterday. No doubt the biggest transfer coup was with West Ham signing Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez! I personally think that this transfer needs to be investigated as MSI, the group who have the rights to the players and who had a take-over bid for the Hammers rejected last year, have obviously re-ignited their interest in the club.

Even though the transfer fees were undisclosed, i reckon MSI have given West Ham the two players in exchange for a majority shareholding in the club. Other reports have suggested this further as Sky Sports News suggested that MSI will wipe their debts, but also want a cut of their profits as a result of the transfer.

Now, according to the Sky Sports News forum, and i don't know if this is a conspiracy, Roman Abramovic himself holds a majority stake in the investment group. Now, if this is the case, this transfer needs to be investigated sooner rather than later as i think something isn't quite right here. Other reports suggest that the pair will stay at West Ham for the season, and then go to Chelsea. If so, this is another one of Abramovic's plots to stop Man Utd strengthening their side and retain the title.

Ok, rant over :mad: :teeth:

Corabar Steve
01-09-2006, 10:04 AM
And yes, he is very tall before anyone comments! :zip: :zip: :zip: :zip:

Have a disco
01-09-2006, 10:53 AM
I just couldn't believe how events in the transfer window unfolded yesterday. No doubt the biggest transfer coup was with West Ham signing Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez! I personally think that this transfer needs to be investigated as MSI, the group who have the rights to the players and who had a take-over bid for the Hammers rejected last year, have obviously re-ignited their interest in the club.

Even though the transfer fees were undisclosed, i reckon MSI have given West Ham the two players in exchange for a majority shareholding in the club. Other reports have suggested this further as Sky Sports News suggested that MSI will wipe their debts, but also want a cut of their profits as a result of the transfer.

Now, according to the Sky Sports News forum, and i don't know if this is a conspiracy, Roman Abramovic himself holds a majority stake in the investment group. Now, if this is the case, this transfer needs to be investigated sooner rather than later as i think something isn't quite right here. Other reports suggest that the pair will stay at West Ham for the season, and then go to Chelsea. If so, this is another one of Abramovic's plots to stop Man Utd strengthening their side and retain the title.

Ok, rant over :mad: :teeth:

bring in the takeover officials quick this smells like a ton of fish

dj_ags
01-09-2006, 11:21 AM
bring in the takeover officials quick this smells like a ton of fish

Agreed :teeth:

Something dodgey is definately going on, although the take-over hasn't been confirmed yet, i still think that this is the only solution as no offence West Ham fans but your team haven't got that kind of money to go and spend on two players!

Aparantly, according to The Sun (more than likely not true) Man Utd were in for them, and agreed an undisclosed fee, believed to be around £25m for the pair...but the United board wouldn't sanction a move, possibly because AIG's request to only buy English players. If this is true, my day is getting beter and better :mad:

Have a disco
01-09-2006, 12:33 PM
believe they have signed them fo 1m each for 1 year with an option to buy them for 30m next year and a further link to roman using west ham as a feeder club with them moving to chelsea as and when he calls????

dodgyier by the minute

dj_ags
01-09-2006, 01:58 PM
believe they have signed them fo 1m each for 1 year with an option to buy them for 30m next year and a further link to roman using west ham as a feeder club with them moving to chelsea as and when he calls????

dodgyier by the minute

yeah, i have just read that as well. No doubt they'll be off to Chelsea next summer as West Ham haven't got £30m to spend...unless they get taken over.

Watch this space :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there have been developments in this story, and the Hammers are in exploratory discussions over a possible takeover :omg:

Link Here... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/5306356.stm)