PDA

View Full Version : RCF Speakers

MikeW
26-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Hello everyone

Does anybody know if there is a dealer in Southern Scotland/Northern England where I can have a listen to RCF speakers?

Thanks

Mike.

TONYTIGER
27-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Hello everyone

Does anybody know if there is a dealer in Southern Scotland/Northern England where I can have a listen to RCF speakers?

Thanks

Mike.

Sounds Live Newcastle 01914 913185

Only one in Scotland i know of is Kennys Music Dundee 01383 733353

Nightowl Discotheques
27-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Pegasus sound and light edinburgh 0131 556 1300 David or Charles Hunter

MikeW
27-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks very much guys

Dynamic Entertainment
27-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Or me....im in Workington and youre more than welcome to come and have a listen to my rig. It consists of 2x ART 312as and 2x ART 705A bass bins.

Got a big hall thats i can use to let you have a listen if you dont mind giving me a hand luggin it in and setting it up :) You can even fetch your playout to see how it sounds ;)

MikeW
27-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Or me....im in Workington and youre more than welcome to come and have a listen to my rig. It consists of 2x ART 312as and 2x ART 705A bass bins.

Got a big hall thats i can use to let you have a listen if you dont mind giving me a hand luggin it in and setting it up :) You can even fetch your playout to see how it sounds ;)

Thanks very much for that. I am still in the early stages of looking (or listening!) I would like something that is a step or two up from my Mackies and that I would hear a big improvement. I want to run with just the tops for about 6 or 9 months, so they need to be good for larger venues as well.
Thanks again for you offer, I will bear it in mind.

Dynamic Entertainment
27-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Ive used the tops alone in Easterbrook Hall which is up your way...

ppentertainments
27-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Sounds Live Newcastle 01914 913185

I'll second that.

Great advice and plenty on demo. I have just purchased my bose L1 from them after they managed to convince me it is what I need :D :D

Make sure you go to the Newcastle store though and NOT the Metro Centre store. Metro Centre a lot easier to get to, but have hardly any stock.

Also - if what you see is not listed on site give them a ring. They don't normally stock bose but managed to order one for me (I only went in for a couple of wires whilst passing :D :D :D )

MikeW
27-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Ive used the tops alone in Easterbrook Hall which is up your way...

I know this is possibly a daft question, but did they fill Easterbrook Hall ok?

The next time you are there, give me a shout, I will pop along :)

Dynamic Entertainment
27-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah managed fine. Got them above head hight and they done the trick.

Not sure if Ill be back up there tbh, I was a bit of a 1 off :)

MikeW
27-01-2011, 05:35 PM
I'll second that.

Great advice and plenty on demo. I have just purchased my bose L1 from them after they managed to convince me it is what I need :D :D

Make sure you go to the Newcastle store though and NOT the Metro Centre store. Metro Centre a lot easier to get to, but have hardly any stock.

Also - if what you see is not listed on site give them a ring. They don't normally stock bose but managed to order one for me (I only went in for a couple of wires whilst passing :D :D :D )

Thanks for the advice. If I remember correctly, I purchased a pair of EVs from them, many years ago.

TONYTIGER
27-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the advice. If I remember correctly, I purchased a pair of EVs from them, many years ago.

You will get a good choice at SA i think they stock DB,QSC,JBL,EV so plenty to compare,you know my choice as we have spoken before on this subject ,but sound is personal so go and have a listen best of luck.

MikeW
27-01-2011, 09:11 PM
You will get a good choice at SA i think they stock DB,QSC,JBL,EV so plenty to compare,you know my choice as we have spoken before on this subject ,but sound is personal so go and have a listen best of luck.

Thanks Tony, i know you like the Qsc K10s, and they do sound really good. I just just want to hear all the options. The next set I buy should be my last set, and I want to try and get it right (if that is possible) :)

flatliners
30-01-2011, 05:37 PM
also look at the new db speakers http://dbtechnologies.com/index.php?id=22&no_cache=1&L=0&tx_amdbt_pi1[category]=16&tx_amdbt_pi1[product]=149&cHash=a7ca660189 heard them at a speaker meet in colville last sunday very impressive