PDA

View Full Version : Wanted : Tracks with words on the screen, but not karaoke

ppentertainments
27-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Apologies for the title, couldn't think of anything else and apologies if in wrong section.

I am looking for words to tracks for use as a sing-a-long. Same idea as a karaoke disc but with the original track playing.

Idea is to play the track with the words also on a large screen for everyone to sing along to.

Sort of tracks I was thinking about are :

Sweet Caroline
Hi Ho Silver Lining
Delilah
etc etc.

I have the karaoke versions but prefer the original music as opposed to the backing music. Would prefer to simply put a disc in and press play as opposed to trying to match music to words.

Cheers for any help :beer1:

Kernow
27-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Original Footage Karaoke Discs are available incorporating the original artistes performances.
One I found on DVD but other formats are available.

http://www.emkaraoke.co.uk/newsite/en-gb/dept_39.html

Suggest Googling "Original Footage" :)

ppentertainments
27-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Original Footage Karaoke Discs are available incorporating the original artistes performances.
One I found on DVD but other formats are available.

http://www.emkaraoke.co.uk/newsite/en-gb/dept_39.html

Suggest Googling "Original Footage" :)

Cheers, I have a few original footage discs but they do not have the required tracks, and as far as I am aware you can't use select-a-track for them :(

mattydinx
27-01-2011, 03:53 PM
I tried this a few years back - providing you have a digital karaoke system (i.e. MP3 + CDG files) you can modify the MP3 to suit.

For example, copy the CDG file and put it in the same directory as your original track, and rename the CDG file to the same name as the MP3(minus extension). With something like Audacity or another audio editor, insert a 10-second (approx) silence at the start of the track, providing your timing is right, it'll assume the MP3 in the folder is the original karaoke track and hey presto - one music track, with lyrics - Simply cue to 10 seconds before you play it...

This is a pain in the...if you've got lots of songs to do, so my usual method was to cue up the karaoke track on one system (Mixopia VJ at the time) and play the track from another source while keeping the fader down on the Karaoke track - use the pitch bend buttons to keep things in sync, et voilą!

Another method would be to modify the CDG file, but i've got no idea if there's any software out there that would let you do that.

mattydinx
27-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Would prefer to simply put a disc in and press play as opposed to trying to match music to words.

Doh, didn't read that! :p

ppentertainments
27-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Doh, didn't read that! :p
I'm a bit simple ;)

Shakermaker Promotions
27-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Would it be worth cueing the karaoke track up with the original track but just muting the karaoke mp3?

OR

Use something like Windows Movie Maker, add the original mp3 and chuck the words on yourself?

(ahem...did I really just say that?)

ppentertainments
27-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Would it be worth cueing the karaoke track up with the original track but just muting the karaoke mp3?

OR

Use something like Windows Movie Maker, add the original mp3 and chuck the words on yourself?

(ahem...did I really just say that?)

Would prefer to simply put a disc in and press play as opposed to trying to match music to words.

;) :)

DazzyD
27-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi Chris

I sort of did this in reverse with the High School Musical CD+G I bought. It was the worst karaoke disc I'd ever bought as it had all of the vocals on it! I also had the OST Sing-a-long version CD so I was able to switch the karaoke MP3 with the corresponding ripped track from the sing-a-long disc. I used something like Audacity to add ten seconds to the start of the audio to sync it with the words but it worked!

Now, what you're after is the opposite of what I did but completely the same process. Switch the karaoke MP3 with the original after adding 10 seconds (or however is needed long before the audio kicks in) and voila! Job done.

Mind you, to be on the safe side, make sure you have the SG6 first! ;)

Get Me A DJ
28-01-2011, 01:30 AM
It was the worst karaoke disc I'd ever bought

I can say that about anything to do with High School Musical, why ow why don't they get rid of it! :mad:
IMHO, they should bring back Fame :D