PDA

View Full Version : Copyright!

soundlad
20-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Does anyone think this Mastermix Logo on the front of this van is copyright? :)
http://i22.ebayimg.com/02/i/08/15/c1/28_1.JPG

Ricesnaps
20-08-2006, 08:21 PM
I used to have there logo on my website. After some thought I emailed to check if it was OK and they were absolutely fine. If you think about it, it's actually advertising.

So to answer your question, no, I don't think There would be a problem

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Very classy looking vehicle...

Shaun
20-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Is the image copyrighted?... I would presume so.

Are they going to hunt you down and sue you for using it on your vehicle?...I very much doubt it.

soundlad
20-08-2006, 08:28 PM
so say if i was making a logo for my disco and incoperated it into the logo would that copyright?

Shaun
20-08-2006, 08:30 PM
yes absolutely.

A1DL
20-08-2006, 08:31 PM
so say if i was making a logo for my disco and incoperated it into the logo would that copyright?

If you're in any doubt, I would send a draft of your proposal and seek their comments / approval / disapproval.

Costs nothing and could save you a lot of bother further down the line

soundlad
20-08-2006, 08:32 PM
ok cheers! its hard to make your own logo, i have no imagination!! :embarasse

soundlad
20-08-2006, 08:38 PM
you know the face on the mastermix could you take that part and design the other parts myself?

LeapCreative
20-08-2006, 08:39 PM
I saw that ebay item earlier....not too sure about his setup, which is kinda proved by the fact hes had very few bids.

Ah well

Shaun
20-08-2006, 08:53 PM
you know the face on the mastermix could you take that part and design the other parts myself?

It's kind of unethical. You wouldn't steal someones steering wheel because you liked their car. :p

funkymike
20-08-2006, 09:59 PM
cool

BeerFunk
20-08-2006, 10:31 PM
I don't see any problem with doing that.

It's not unethical to sample a late 70s electro track, and get a few pretty girls to sing over the top of it, is it? :D

Same sort of idea...

A1DL
20-08-2006, 10:58 PM
I don't see any problem with doing that.

It's not unethical to sample a late 70s electro track, and get a few pretty girls to sing over the top of it, is it? :D

Same sort of idea...

without sample clearance it is unethical.

which is why lots of producers end up using studio musicians to recreate rather than sample

although from a DJ and dance music enthusiast's perspective, the end result is never as good as the bootleg :teeth:

BeerFunk
20-08-2006, 11:00 PM
without sample clearance it is unethical.
You are confusing ethics and legalities.. :)

A1DL
20-08-2006, 11:05 PM
You are confusing ethics and legalities.. :)

OK, unethical AND illegal.........

makes that bootleg sound even better, doesn't it!! :teeth:

DMX Will
21-08-2006, 02:47 AM
Technically, if you literally lasso-ed it in photoshop and cut and paste. Why have a very well known logo in your logo too, people who work in the biz, and even those who don't will recognise it, and know its a rip off.

I advise you look around on the web, have a look at other disco logos etc, get some inspiration, then do a few google image searches, if you find an image that doesn't hold copyright on the page its displayed on (and your sure it doesn't hold a copyright) then go ahead, grab it, and incorp. it into your name.

Although remember, most logos arn't all that flashly, possibly with the excluision of Elite DJ's and now Lewnic's logo, they're all pretty simple.

I've included our old logo, and our new logo to show how simple they really can be!

The image not containing old is our current logo ;)

soundtracker
21-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Mastermix are very cool about people using their logo, I've seen the question asked many times on their forum.