PDA

View Full Version : Pulse 1U media player

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-01-2011, 12:09 PM
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=cpc/536567.xml

Anyone use one of these before? I'm still deciding what my back up will be when the MC6000 goes live.

I notice Denon make them too, but they are over £300 :eek:

Any other models or suggestions? Looking at 1U and fairly shallow.

Danno13
30-01-2011, 12:49 PM
I've got one which I've used twice for background music. Does the job.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-01-2011, 12:50 PM
I've got one which I've used twice for background music. Does the job.

Sound quality OK?

It says you can search on it - how is that achieved?

Excalibur
30-01-2011, 12:53 PM
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=cpc/536567.xml

Anyone use one of these before? I'm still deciding what my back up will be when the MC6000 goes live.

I notice Denon make them too, but they are over £300 :eek:

Any other models or suggestions? Looking at 1U and fairly shallow.

Oh yuss. ;) Can you tell what it is yet? :whistle:

http://cpc.farnell.com/cortex/hdc-500/digital-music-controller-1u/dp/DP30733

Danno13
30-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Sound quality OK?

It says you can search on it - how is that achieved?

Sounds fine to me. Not sure about the searching - I've only ever selected the folder and then files within that, so depends how your music is organised as to how quick you can find things, but I may have missed a better way of navigating.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Oh yuss. ;) Can you tell what it is yet? :whistle:

http://cpc.farnell.com/cortex/hdc-500/digital-music-controller-1u/dp/DP30733

That looks really good!

A little more than I wanted to spend, but you can attach CD Rom, keyboard, external drives and it is searchable.

What I was concerned about was when doing weddings and playing the first dance song, was having easy access to a second source immediately, should the first one fail.

Excalibur
30-01-2011, 01:24 PM
That looks really good!

A little more than I wanted to spend, but you can attach CD Rom, keyboard, external drives and it is searchable.
Yes. And all in one for £50 plus hd. ;)

http://www.thomann.de/gb/numark_dds_drive.htm

I'm ordering one tomorrow. It's exactly what I wanted to be able to do with my HD's. Remove, and update without taking the case as well.

chrispeacock
30-01-2011, 02:46 PM
i bought the dds the other week from there. cheap as chips

Steve the DJ
30-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but don't you need the Numark controller to run the DVD Drive/HDD or can you you really plug in anything (like the Cortex) to access them?

I can understand it working for the HDD but don't understand how you will operate the disc drive element?

Excalibur
30-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Please excuse my ignorance but don't you need the Numark controller to run the DVD Drive/HDD or can you you really plug in anything (like the Cortex) to access them?

I can understand it working for the HDD but don't understand how you will operate the disc drive element?

Well just this once, but don't make a habit of it. :Naughty: :D :D :D :D :D

No, Steve. In effect, it's just an external CD drive, like the one I used to have in my rig, and a hard drive holder, all connected by USB. Chris runs his with a Cortex 3000, I know it works with a D2, and I intend to run mine with a Cortex 1000.

chrispeacock
30-01-2011, 04:11 PM
yep it works fine with the cortex. as soon as i found out that it was compatible i ordered mine straight away and you can track your order.

i think this is a good way to use both cds and usb devices and keeping it nice and tidy in one case

spin mobile disco
30-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I have one of the pulse players for sale for £80 if intersetd never used in live stuation as it was for backup only. Still have box etc as well.

Steve the DJ
30-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Well just this once, but don't make a habit of it. :Naughty: :D :D :D :D :D

I'll try not to... :p :D

No, Steve. In effect, it's just an external CD drive, like the one I used to have in my rig, and a hard drive holder, all connected by USB. Chris runs his with a Cortex 3000, I know it works with a D2, and I intend to run mine with a Cortex 1000.

yep it works fine with the cortex. as soon as i found out that it was compatible i ordered mine straight away and you can track your order.

i think this is a good way to use both cds and usb devices and keeping it nice and tidy in one case

Thanks for that, very interesting, especially at that price.

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2011, 12:20 AM
I have one of the pulse players for sale for £80 if intersetd never used in live stuation as it was for backup only. Still have box etc as well.

There's one on Ebay for £89 brand new delivered. :)

wensleydale
31-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Have you only 1U spare Daz?
If you can stretch to 2U you can get the Kam units for £99 which seem to be more of a "twin" setup.

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Have you only 1U spare Daz?

Yeah. :)

Already ordered the case.

spin mobile disco
31-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Ah i paid the whole £129 aout 4 months ago they must have price dropped since then.

addoaddo
01-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Note the external HDD has a max capacity of 32GB and the SD only 4GB so you will need to have special drives for this unit and will not be able to plug in your main HDD.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Note the external HDD has a max capacity of 32GB and the SD only 4GB so you will need to have special drives for this unit and will not be able to plug in your main HDD.

Noted.

This is only for an immediate back up though, don't forget.