PDA

View Full Version : He must be doing something right!

Corabar Entertainment
21-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Steve did a gig tonight for a Jewish couple: the husband booked us for his wife's 60th Birthday Party. He had a really easy night because there was loads of other entertainment booked, and Steve was just doing short linking sets, plus an hour at the end (Obviously, they still paid for a full night).

Anyway, as it was in a marquee at a private house fairly local, I went down with him and took the van away and came back and collected him at the end of the night. When I went back after the party I was chatting to the husband and he wanted to know if we 'worked the Jewish market': when I said no, not particularly he suggested that we should consider putting an ad in the 'Jewish Chronicle' ....... and triple our prices for any enquiries we get from there! :omg:

Oh, and Steve got a £30 tip as well.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-08-2006, 01:48 AM
Anyway, as it was in a marquee at a private house fairly local, I went down with him and took the van away and came back and collected him at the end of the night.

Why?

DMX Will
21-08-2006, 02:36 AM
Steve did a gig tonight for a Jewish couple: the husband booked us for his wife's 60th Birthday Party. He had a really easy night because there was loads of other entertainment booked, and Steve was just doing short linking sets, plus an hour at the end (Obviously, they still paid for a full night).

Anyway, as it was in a marquee at a private house fairly local, I went down with him and took the van away and came back and collected him at the end of the night. When I went back after the party I was chatting to the husband and he wanted to know if we 'worked the Jewish market': when I said no, not particularly he suggested that we should consider putting an ad in the 'Jewish Chronicle' ....... and triple our prices for any enquiries we get from there! :omg:

Oh, and Steve got a £30 tip as well.

Thats awesome :thumbs_up. Make sure you do it!

soundtracker
21-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Great idea! I'll send my advert today! Thanks for the tip!!

Corabar Entertainment
21-08-2006, 09:05 AM
Why?Well, if you really must know the entire boring story.... because 1. I was going to visit my mother and it was easy to go straight on from there and 2. Doing that, I was being nice to the punter (I thought that parking congestion might be a bit tight, so this way they had an extra space for guests.)

(ie it suited us) :)

Corabar Steve
21-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Why?
Very limited paking, in a cul-de-sac.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-08-2006, 10:25 AM
Ah, OK.

Have a disco
21-08-2006, 11:33 AM
and what kind of set should one do for a Jewish night out of curiosity have yet to do one

Corabar Entertainment
21-08-2006, 11:38 AM
It was no different to normal

theoloyla
21-08-2006, 11:53 AM
The jewish market has always been a lucrative one and by all means advertise in places where they will see your advertisment. Their musical tastes are not particularly different as regards mobile dj entertainment but you should make sure you know a little bit about jewish people and their customs so as not to offend them. The same applies to any niche market.

dj andy allwood
21-08-2006, 11:58 AM
and what kind of set should one do for a Jewish night out of curiosity have yet to do one

werid al yankovic - armish paradise???? :)

ian8limelight
21-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Sounds like an excellent idea, nothing better than a recommendation. And well done to Steve. :teeth:

Corabar Steve
23-08-2006, 09:04 AM
I've got an excelent "Surf" version of Hava nagila but I forgot to use it

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-08-2006, 10:56 AM
I've got an excelent "Surf" version of Hava nagila but I forgot to use it

Still, never mind :teeth:

CRAZY K
23-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Im going to plead ignorance here Steve--accepted no doubt!

But whats the "Surf" style please?

Not as in Beach Boys "Surfing" ?? :teeth:

thanks

CRAZY K

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Im going to plead ignorance here Steve--accepted no doubt!

But whats the "Surf" style please?

Not as in Beach Boys "Surfing" ?? :teeth:

thanks

CRAZY K

From what he's told me and what I've listened to in his car....yes! :omg:

Corabar Steve
23-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Think D!ck Dale & the Del Tones

Corabar Steve
26-08-2006, 02:10 AM
Played it at last night's gig, it went down a storm :)