Just found this:

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/awukgdn/?lo=TESTCODE#sourceidawo

Thought it might be handy for some people :D

Mark Wild
01-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Really handy for first time users :)

thex-faders
02-02-2011, 07:00 PM
i got it through in an email. Signed up to give it a try. See how it goes, got all my cost per clicks sorted etc

Any advice from experience adword users?

Charlie Brown
02-02-2011, 07:20 PM
I got a call from Google today.

I thought they where going to complain about having several campaigns/map adverts (different sites) but he was trying to intice me onto their 45 day plan.

I said 'I'll look into it.'

hammy
02-02-2011, 08:03 PM
I got the same email today lol

thex-faders
02-02-2011, 08:19 PM
So are we all going to be advertising over the coming months then?

welby
02-02-2011, 08:27 PM
had yell.com on the phone for 3/4 hour. I think he met his match! :daft:

Alex
02-02-2011, 08:28 PM
why not save the £30 for a quiet period?? :D

You dont have start using it straight away.

Incidently... Found out today that if I wanted to offer free adwords vouchers via my hosting company... I have to take a google online course and pass the exams! Which is fair enough.... BUT WAIT.....

The cost of the exams when totalled together... around £60,000

Danno13
02-02-2011, 08:43 PM
had yell.com on the phone for 3/4 hour. I think he met his match! :daft:

They called me today to find out why I hadn't renewed my £400 yell.com advert.

I told them that their click-throughs to my site had been less than some of the free sites I'm on and their advert wasn't attracting my target market (calls for kids parties when I'm in the Weddings section..)- I just got a "thank you fo your time" and that was it! They must be getting soft!

Elite Entertain
25-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the link, have just registered... so await their phone call.

I was given the very hard sell re. Google Adwords from Yell last week and took them up on their "special offer", which apparently was a heavy weight program in two regions at about 2/3 of the normal cost (but still at the minimum of £40 per month + VAT). I received my e-mail order confirmation and it didn't state the level of program I had signed up to.

I requested this confirmation from customer services and a very helpful lady informed me that all I had had agreed to was a monthly budget, which at £40 is roughly equivalent to a medium weight program. She also informed me that no discounts are available from Google Adwords.

I had clearly been lied to on several occasions, including the usual "this very special offer is only available today". I promtly cancelled my 4 month agreement and then had the same salesman on again a week later, wondering why I had not taken up his fantastic offer!

Be warned!

Ian