PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on these please

hammy
02-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Hi guys I`m looking for a back up set of speakers and wondered if anyone knew anything about this type

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260729392624&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

simonp
02-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Personally I wouldn't touch Behringer with a barge pole - everything just seems cheaply made and just .......well sub-standard IMO - I certainly wouldn't buy Behringer second hand that's for sure.

hammy
02-02-2011, 12:21 PM
I always thought they made quality gear shows how wrong you can be to rely on a name I guess

simonp
02-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I always thought they made quality gear shows how wrong you can be to rely on a name I guess

I guess it's down to the indivicual person - in the past i've had a few Behringer products - I think the last thing I bought was a few years ago and that was the 700 mixer as a back up and for the practice room - it just feels extremely cheap and nasty pasty, especially when you put it next to my DJM800!

Having said that, I've never had a pair of Behringer Speakers, they may be just the job - I don't know as I can't speak with any authority on them.

abracadabradisco
02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
I had a Behringer sound enhancer and also an expander/limiter that worked very well. I wish now that I had not sold the expander/limiter and am thinking of buying another. A mate who has built his own recording studio uses a lot of Behringer gear and also had Behringer speakers which he said were very good for the price but has now gone to much higher spec and expensive cabs for monitor purpose.
Behringer is good very good for the pricein my opinion.