PDA

View Full Version : Nochex

Corabar Entertainment
22-08-2006, 12:53 AM
I'm looking into taking payments via Nochex at the moment by getting a Merchant Account with them, but the paperwork from Nochex isn't exactly answering the questions I have about how it all will work.

Is there any one out there who uses the Nochex Merchant Account who wouldn't mind me picking their brains for a few minutes?

Ta! :teeth:

abyssdjhire
22-08-2006, 04:15 AM
i enquired about them... but for the amount we wanted to be able to accept, they basically said (for example) if you want to accept up to £3000, you need to keep at least £3000 in the nochex account in case of chargebacks, which it seems they are not liable for like they say they are!

so i said **** off, basically!

PropellerHeadCase
07-03-2007, 05:54 AM
Paypal seems easier.

Creature
07-03-2007, 06:25 AM
i use paypal for the nabd fund raiser pages on my website - and the buyers dont even need a paypal account - costs i think a bit hefty at 54p per 10.00 roughly but easy to use and setup.

Corabar Entertainment
07-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Paypal seems easier.Never have got on with Paypal, but just to report, we've been using Nochex now for several months and all working fine! :D :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Never have got on with Paypal, but just to report, we've been using Nochex now for several months and all working fine! :D :D :D

And is it costing you much Ang?

How many of your clients are electing to pay by this medium?

Corabar Entertainment
07-03-2007, 10:36 AM
It's 2.(something)% - can't remember exact % off the top of my head, but I've got the full merchant account with them which means I can take the balance as well as the deposits via debit or credit card, and as we're trying to switch over to full payment before the gig, that is coming in VERY handy.

Quite a decent proportion of customers are taking up the chance to pay in this way - I think it will settle down at around 50/50 cheque vs card. (Its a bit difficult to give exact figures at the mo, because we still have the contracts floating around for people who booked before the change and who still have the option to pay cash on the night)

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-03-2007, 10:48 AM
How does it work then Ang?

Do you get a machine?

Corabar Entertainment
07-03-2007, 11:21 AM
No - It's just an online payment system - similar sort of thing to Paypal. I looked into the full-on credit card thingy (ie being able to take over the phone and in person, etc), but not in too much depth as it seemed a bit too complicated that I had the time to sort; plus, at least on the face of it, it seemed very expensive.