PDA

View Full Version : Re-Jigged Home Page

simonp
03-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm looking for thoughts on my homepage I've just changed. It used to have a load of gumph on it which I have moved to the 'about' page and replaced it with a question to the customer followed by bullet points.

I'm not sure whether I like it or not, so canvasing opinions

Thanks

www.floorfillerzmobiledisco.co.uk (www.floorfillerzmobiledisco.co.uk)

Mark Wild
03-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Its a tad boring, you need to liven it up a bit, maybe a few well placed pictures of people enjoying themselves at one of your gigs? The homepage needs to draw people in. Not sure about advertising the fact you won a silver award, for obvious reasons.

Charlie Brown
03-02-2011, 02:22 PM
FLOORFILLERZ MOBILE DISCO
PROBABLY THE BEST IN SOUTH EAST KENT

:eek:

I agree with Mark. A picture of your setup or of people dancing on the front page would be nice. :)

hammy
03-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I hope i`m not going to insult but I find it a tad bland as said above I think the style of writing is just plain all over maybe put it into italic or something and every paragraph just seems the same dull size and colour.
As said dont want to insult.;)

simonp
03-02-2011, 03:14 PM
That's fine guys - I think it is plain and dull myself - I didn't want to renew with 123-reg using the instant site when it cam up for renewal in September but I was too busy to get anything else in place - I don't really like 99% of their templates - I used the white and black text on the grey as I didn't want bright colours screaming in your face etc
When I had a picture on the home page before it seemed to take a while for the page to load up.

I'm quite ok with the constructive critisism

Paul The Party Dj
03-02-2011, 07:31 PM
I love the basic concept - but I agree with everything that's been said.
I've always been told that you shouldn't centre all your text because it makes it hard to read.
Not wishing to blow smoke up your backside, but I've always thought of you as one of the cooler operators - so far that doesn't reflect who you are to me. I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

yourdj
03-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Not wishing to blow smoke up your backside, but I've always thought of you as one of the cooler operators - so far that doesn't reflect who you are to me.

:agree: (Not the cool bit though) :D

i personally think comparing stats on why brides wish they have chosen better entertainment is not the best approach.
You are a top class DJ and have all the gear and experience so you should not have to prove anything.

Its not viewed from a clients point of view. for example you say about PLI, PAT & PRODUB.
No client will have a clue what that is unless they have done research. etc.

I would say cut down the text, add some colour, some decent pics (not a load of just your set up as most clients I have met could not give a stuff about equipment) and some of your better videos and you have a good site. :)

-

simonp
04-02-2011, 09:00 AM
I love the basic concept - but I agree with everything that's been said.
I've always been told that you shouldn't centre all your text because it makes it hard to read.
Not wishing to blow smoke up your backside, but I've always thought of you as one of the cooler operators - so far that doesn't reflect who you are to me. I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

Cheers Paul - I do agree everything you've said, especially the cool bit :cool: :lol:

:agree: (Not the cool bit though) :D

i personally think comparing stats on why brides wish they have chosen better entertainment is not the best approach.
You are a top class DJ and have all the gear and experience so you should not have to prove anything.

Its not viewed from a clients point of view. for example you say about PLI, PAT & PRODUB.
No client will have a clue what that is unless they have done research. etc.

I would say cut down the text, add some colour, some decent pics (not a load of just your set up as most clients I have met could not give a stuff about equipment) and some of your better videos and you have a good site. :)

-

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at that Toby - (I do really like your site and if I could, I would probably copy it completely almost to a 'T' :o )

I see what you mean, these don't need to be on the front page - they could be placed elsewhere on the site

I agree here as well - the only thing is I'm not a great fan of embedding videos in the site (ok I've got the wedding promo one that needs re-doing), but it does need some pics, thing is I don't tend to take crowd pics as if I remember to do anything like that the camera is normally set to record (movie mode) - To get some crowd pictures I suppose I could play some of the gig logs, pause the crowd shots and do a screen grab!?!

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated :beer1:

simonp
04-02-2011, 09:11 AM
FLOORFILLERZ MOBILE DISCO
PROBABLY THE BEST IN SOUTH EAST KENT

:eek:

I agree with Mark. A picture of your setup or of people dancing on the front page would be nice. :)

Sorry I must have missed this - yes 'Probably' - I can't prove I'm the best ;) :lol:

Agreee i need dancing smiley happy people somewhere :)

yourdj
04-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Cheers Paul - I do agree everything you've said, especially the cool bit :cool: :lol:

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at that Toby - (I do really like your site and if I could, I would probably copy it completely almost to a 'T' :o )

I see what you mean, these don't need to be on the front page - they could be placed elsewhere on the site

I agree here as well - the only thing is I'm not a great fan of embedding videos in the site (ok I've got the wedding promo one that needs re-doing), but it does need some pics, thing is I don't tend to take crowd pics as if I remember to do anything like that the camera is normally set to record (movie mode) - To get some crowd pictures I suppose I could play some of the gig logs, pause the crowd shots and do a screen grab!?!

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated :beer1:

Cheers.

My sites are all HTML so not too difficult. just take ages to make.

The first bit of the video is very clubby and may not match the rest of it as it goes straight into first dance.
What camera are you using as it is pretty dark?

Why not get some decent stock pictures for now, especially for the front page?
Just one photo would do. i have one on my NFW site.

http://www.istockphoto.com/search/text/wedding/source/basic/?#54da2b

simonp
04-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Cheers.

My sites are all HTML so not too difficult. just take ages to make.

The first bit of the video is very clubby and may not match the rest of it as it goes straight into first dance.
What camera are you using as it is pretty dark?

Why not get some decent stock pictures for now, especially for the front page?
Just one photo would do. i have one on my NFW site.

http://www.istockphoto.com/search/text/wedding/source/basic/?#54da2b

Thanks for that link Toby - just a quick question and it refers back to something you mentioned earlier about Brides spending money on this that and the other - Are you talking about the home page of

www.weddingdjkent.com (http://weddingdjkent.com/)

or my main website

Floorfillerz (http://www.floorfillerzmobiledisco.co.uk)

Dynamic Entertainment
04-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Simon...if your going to quote a magazine, its usually helpful to show issue number and/or date to back it up. ;)

simonp
04-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Simon...if your going to quote a magazine, its usually helpful to show issue number and/or date to back it up. ;)

Where? I used to have an 'as featured in pro-mobile' and a picture of the cover of the edition I was in, but it was just pictures of a hashed together set up I did for a SEDA show ages ago

simonp
04-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Ahhhhhh just been through the website and I think I know what you mean - If you're referring to the bride & groom magazine - gawd knows! I put that there when the website was built 3 years ago - that makes it not accurate info then - spank me sideways :lol:

Dynamic Entertainment
04-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Ahhhhhh just been through the website and I think I know what you mean - If you're referring to the bride & groom magazine - gawd knows! I put that there when the website was built 3 years ago - that makes it not accurate info then - spank me sideways :lol:

Lol...its just that B&Gs are more likely to believe it if they know they can go and find the article ;)

We all know its probably true...but... :)

yourdj
04-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks for that link Toby - just a quick question and it refers back to something you mentioned earlier about Brides spending money on this that and the other - Are you talking about the home page of

www.weddingdjkent.com (http://weddingdjkent.com/)

or my main website

Floorfillerz (http://www.floorfillerzmobiledisco.co.uk)

Main one. :)

simonp
04-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Main one. :)

Ok mate - Cheers :beer1:

simonp
04-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Lol...its just that B&Gs are more likely to believe it if they know they can go and find the article ;)

We all know its probably true...but... :)

I've removed it now, cheers. As Toby said, it's probably a bit negative anyhow.

I've also shifted every page to a left indent rather than centered and added a photo on the front page - there's nothing i can do about the colours at the monet - so still boring grey!!!!