PDA

View Full Version : Feedback welcomed

Glenski
03-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Well, now that i have setup again, i have updated my website :)

Feedback welcomed inc negative lol but positive prefered :)

Thank you

Glenski

Oh! here it is www.geniediscs.com

NKR
03-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Feedback!

Glenski
03-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Feedback!

Hmmm perhaps i better turn down that gain !!

discomobiledj
04-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Seems ok....a few things though.

Not keen on the DJGuard logo in your header.

Booking system, what do the red and black dates mean?

One thing....Where are you based?

List of equipment, the public will not know or care what you have. Ask Sid! (Also, Prosound???)

The FAQ's look like they have just been stuck in a space.

Glenski
04-02-2011, 01:50 AM
Seems ok....a few things though.

Not keen on the DJGuard logo in your header.

Booking system, what do the red and black dates mean?

One thing....Where are you based?

List of equipment, the public will not know or care what you have. Ask Sid! (Also, Prosound???)

The FAQ's look like they have just been stuck in a space.

Thanks for that :)

Right, seems the update did not update to the ftp lol - all done now so where i am based is listed.

The DJ Guard logo is prominant for me and is also an affiliation link.

The red and black dates are now keyed with the correct info.

Ref equipment, some do and some don't list it ... I do :) oh! and the ProSound item is actually my laptop dj stand from Maplin (cough!)

My FAQ section is brief and highlighted within a transparent box, otherwise it would get lost within the other format of the page text.

Thank you

Glenski

simonp
04-02-2011, 09:09 AM
I dont understand why you've got things like 'mastermix' and 'cd pool' etc on your links page - they're supposed to be for DJs not the punters :confused:

Glenski
04-02-2011, 10:13 AM
I dont understand why you've got things like 'mastermix' and 'cd pool' etc on your links page - they're supposed to be for DJs not the punters :confused:

Well, you are a DJ and you visted my site and looked at the links page, some and not all DJ's are aware of these services ;)

Also i have other fellow DJ's visit my shows sometimes and the subject of music may pop up, so why not refer them to my links or indeed the sites :)

Thank you

Glenski

simonp
04-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Well, you are a DJ and you visted my site and looked at the links page, some and not all DJ's are aware of these services ;)

Also i have other fellow DJ's visit my shows sometimes and the subject of music may pop up, so why not refer them to my links or indeed the sites :)

Thank you

Glenski

I looked at your links page to see if you were linking to other suppliers, and whether I knew any of those suppliers as you are in Kent (dosen't specify where thought), that's all.

Any self respecting semi-decent DJ should have heard of things like mastermix, CD pool, DMC and the rest - and if they haven't, it must be a poor state of affairs if they can't get to one of the websites using their own initiative :lol:

Vectis
04-02-2011, 10:26 AM
I don't see the point in asking for feedback when everything that's come back so far has been rubbished.

You obviously have a clear idea about how you wish to market your business and don't need input from here.

From a web marketing professional's point of view I agree with every aspect that's been raised and after a 20-second glimpse of your page I could raise a dozen more.

Glenski
04-02-2011, 11:12 AM
I looked at your links page to see if you were linking to other suppliers, and whether I knew any of those suppliers as you are in Kent (dosen't specify where thought), that's all.

Any self respecting semi-decent DJ should have heard of things like mastermix, CD pool, DMC and the rest - and if they haven't, it must be a poor state of affairs if they can't get to one of the websites using their own initiative :lol:

There will be more links to add soon, just sorting out banners etc, and yes maybe some text based info is needed also, i may add this as a hover feature.

There are many up and coming DJ's that i know of asking questions and all i do is try to educate them and give them an idea of the industry.

Yes they can probably find these sites of their own backs, but what is the harm in sending them to yours first :)

Do you have any suggestions for links that i should add to my site ?

Thank you

Glenski

Glenski
04-02-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't see the point in asking for feedback when everything that's come back so far has been rubbished.

You obviously have a clear idea about how you wish to market your business and don't need input from here.

From a web marketing professionals point of view I agree with every aspect that's been raised and after a 20-second glimpse of your page I could raise a dozen more.

Hello

Thank you for your comments...

Firstly i have not rubbished any feedback and if it seems that way, then i apologise for this.

We all have our own ideas and opinions on things and i would like to hear Your feedback also ? As any professional feedback has got to mean something.

Thank you

Glenski

Glenski
08-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I have now made a few changes as recommended by you all and others :)

Once again, thank you all for your honesty and feedback :)

Glenn

discomobiledj
08-02-2011, 08:23 PM
On your disco & karaoke page at the bottom you have "Keep it Reel" which should be "Keep it Real" I assume.

On your FAQ's you have:

"Do you use a laser lighting show ? Yes we can provide this service if requested, and do adhere to the ‘health & safety’ standards"

Remove the "do" part of the sentence.

Also, in my opinion you should have the questions and answers on separate lines.

On your contact form (which should be the last link, not in the middle) it has different fonts.

Space out the paragraphs on your prices page. Not keen on the grey text on grey background.

You have a big space on the bottom of your links page. Also, thanks for letting me know where I can look for other DJ and karaoke services!

Glenski
08-02-2011, 10:24 PM
On your disco & karaoke page at the bottom you have "Keep it Reel" which should be "Keep it Real" I assume.

On your FAQ's you have:

"Do you use a laser lighting show ? Yes we can provide this service if requested, and do adhere to the ‘health & safety’ standards"

Remove the "do" part of the sentence.

Also, in my opinion you should have the questions and answers on separate lines.

On your contact form (which should be the last link, not in the middle) it has different fonts.

Space out the paragraphs on your prices page. Not keen on the grey text on grey background.

You have a big space on the bottom of your links page. Also, thanks for letting me know where I can look for other DJ and karaoke services!

Thank you for pointing those out :)

I have now updated a few more things.

Glenn

Dynamic Entertainment
08-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Not too sure on the Produb logo on the home page...it looks like its just been plonked there for the sake of it. I would loose it as you have the link on your "Links" page.

Also not a fan of the facebook social app. I would stick a couple of very good promo photos in its place and maybe have a "Find us on Facebook" and the "Find us on Twitter" links at the top.

Also on the header...do your clients care that you are insured through DJ Guard? Personally i would change it to

Professional Sound & Lighting. Fully Insured and Safety tested.

Glenski
08-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Not too sure on the Produb logo on the home page...it looks like its just been plonked there for the sake of it. I would loose it as you have the link on your "Links" page.

Also not a fan of the facebook social app. I would stick a couple of very good promo photos in its place and maybe have a "Find us on Facebook" and the "Find us on Twitter" links at the top.

Also on the header...do your clients care that you are insured through DJ Guard? Personally i would change it to

Thank you for your input.

I quite like the Facebook ap - also had good feedback from clients and friends on facebook :) ... I am considering creating a network page for this type of feature though !

At the monent the header more or less matches my business cards - but maybe in the near future i will consider changing this.

Glenn

Dynamic Entertainment
08-02-2011, 11:02 PM
What...when you leave DJGuard ;) :D

Glenski
08-02-2011, 11:12 PM
What...when you leave DJGuard ;) :D

Lol ... when my cards run out or yes, i may get a better offer ??

discomobiledj
08-02-2011, 11:21 PM
A better offer for your PLI? Dj guard is hardly the cheapest around.

Glenski
08-02-2011, 11:38 PM
A better offer for your PLI? Dj guard is hardly the cheapest around.

Not just for my PLI ... My gear is also insured through them.

yourdj
09-02-2011, 06:19 AM
I think its OK.

the logo is a bit confusing sue to the font and the navigation bar might be better under the logo bit.

Glenski
09-02-2011, 11:03 AM
I think its OK.

the logo is a bit confusing sue to the font and the navigation bar might be better under the logo bit.

Hello

The font on the logo is part of our design, but i am considering changing the nav bar from flash to a text based nav bar.

Thank you

Glenn