PDA

View Full Version : Will you be playing...

Danno13
07-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Just arrived in my inbox, courtesy of CD pool -

YouTube - GLEE - "Time Warp" Full Performance from 10/26!

Daryll
07-02-2011, 04:20 PM
oh yes :D .

With the constant drivel being slung in the charts , glee are a breath of fresh air , yea all right its all covers , but I like them + they can do all this live.

Daryll

Corabar Steve
07-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Probably

discomobiledj
07-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Glee is awesome. Brings a new twist on songs.

Shakermaker Promotions
07-02-2011, 05:14 PM
No chance whatsoever!
It may bring out a new found love of the original (and that was bad enough!).

Corabar Entertainment
07-02-2011, 05:16 PM
No chance whatsoever!
It may bring out a new found love of the original (and that was bad enough!).
I presume you never joined in at one of the Rocky Horror nights at the Catacombs then, Gary? ;) :D

Jonathan Ford
07-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Am I remiss in not buying any Glee stuff, except that horrendous Journey cover? Do some of you regularly play it to good effect? If so, what? Just strikes me as novelty turd that will (hopefully) be quickly forgotten.

Shakermaker Promotions
07-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Er....No. I didn't know about those at the time. I loved Catacombs and went whenever I could.

hammy
07-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Simply awsome is all I can say, I do like what Glee have done but I`m not a Gleek

funkymook
07-02-2011, 05:54 PM
If you're going to play the Time Warp that's as good a version as any - and any version is better than Damian!

We once took a mate along to a late night screening of Rocky Horror, maybe we should've prepared him better for the participation - he got the right hump with the people behind us when the water pistols came out, we had to hold him back and explain what was going on......he didn't enjoy the rice either!

marting
07-02-2011, 05:57 PM
I do like what Glee have done but I`m not a Gleek

I am, i'm going to see glee live at the o2 with my 11 year old gleek daughter of course.
I'm A Gleek And proud Of It......

James
07-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Never in a million years

Daryll
07-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Sorry James , but that is so wrong.
so if someone asked you at a gig to play it , would you so no?.
the bottom line is we are contracted by the client to provide entertainment/disco for the contracted time , if they ask for this track , what right have we to say "no way" ( if we have it in the first place) , there`s a lot of songs that I personalty do not like , but he who pays the piper etc etc..

Daryll

Shaun
07-02-2011, 10:42 PM
I think I'll pass, unless specifically requested.

James
07-02-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm not full time like you guys, i pick and choose my gigs really, cos i care about the music i play

Truth be known, i knock back more gigs than i take on, not because i'm too good or anything, it's just the music

I can't play music that stands for everything i'm not for a living, i may as well go and do another job.

Hey but, i understand that if you've gotta play it, then fine, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, so to speak

Daryll
07-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Fair comment James.
I am part time , less than 30 gigs a year , but I still have a passion to give what the client wants , unless I am given a free hand , to use my skill`s , and again if the reading of the crowd warranted it , I would play it.

Daryll

James
07-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Fair comment James.
I am part time , less than 30 gigs a year , but I still have a passion to give what the client wants , unless I am given a free hand , to use my skill`s , and again if the reading of the crowd warranted it , I would play it.

Daryll

it's all the modern R&B rubbish i won't take on, because of what it stands for and the message it sends.

It basicaly says to kids, become a drug dealer, and you'll have all this money and all these girls and no one will mess with you.

That's not what i'm about

It sounds stupid, but i see the music i play as an extension of my personality, sort of, or i try to at the least.

Dynamic Entertainment
07-02-2011, 10:56 PM
it's all the modern R&B rubbish i won't take on, because of what it stands for and the message it sends.

It basicaly says to kids, become a drug dealer, and you'll have all this money and all these girls and no one will mess with you.

That's not what i'm about

It sounds stupid, but i see the music i play as an extension of my personality, sort of, or i try to at the least.

Nice sweeping statement there....

Yes some of it promotes what you speak of, but not all of it!

James
07-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Nice sweeping statement there....

Yes some of it promotes what you speak of, but not all of it!

I'm generalising, but you see my point?

Corabar Steve
07-02-2011, 11:05 PM
OK,

I'll delete he off topic posts in this thread though.

Corabar Steve
08-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Upon further listening, this really isn't that bad.

Although whoever is singing the Magenta part needs lessons

Charlie Brown
08-02-2011, 09:09 AM
I like it. Not really really wedding material but it will work well at the teen events.

discomobiledj
08-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Upon further listening, this really isn't that bad.

Although whoever is singing the Magenta part needs lessons

That would be Dianna Argon who plays Quinn. She does have a good voice, maybe not the best for Magenta.

Corabar Steve
08-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Slightly off topic, but did anyone watch it last night?

What a cop out on Sweet transvestite & Toucha toucha touch me. Not that they were bad versions, but why do Rocky ,if you're going to change the lyrics (that everyone on the planet must know) & a FEMALE FRANK!!!!!!

funkymook
08-02-2011, 09:39 AM
I like it. Not really really wedding material but it will work well at the teen events.

I didn't realise there was a particular 'wedding material' genre of music.

Have you not played any version of Time Warp before Charlie? It's astounding if you haven't.

Obviously the Glee one will bring it to the attention of a new audience but listen closely - it's been around since 1973 for the play and 1975 for the film, and has enough of a cult following spanning all ages that it can be considered for all functions for all ages - it's time certainly isn't fleeting!

discomobiledj
08-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Slightly off topic, but did anyone watch it last night?

What a cop out on Sweet transvestite & Toucha toucha touch me. Not that they were bad versions, but why do Rocky ,if you're going to change the lyrics (that everyone on the planet must know) & a FEMALE FRANK!!!!!!

Don't forget that kids watch it as well....you GLEEK! :D

Charlie Brown
08-02-2011, 09:49 AM
I didn't realise there was a particular 'wedding material' genre of music.

Have you not played any version of Time Warp before Charlie? It's astounding if you haven't.

Obviously the Glee one will bring it to the attention of a new audience but listen closely - it's been around since 1973 for the play and 1975 for the film, and has enough of a cult following spanning all ages that it can be considered for all functions for all ages - it's time certainly isn't fleeting!

:lol:

Of course I have. I've seen the musical too but I'll stick to the original. I doubt my 60th next week will know/appreciate the Glee version. TBH - I try and stay clear of it anyway, bit cheesy and stereotypical IMO.

Corabar Steve
08-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Don't forget that kids watch it as well....you GLEEK! :D

So why do it in the first place. Some of the lyric changes made absolutely no sense at all.

I try and stay clear of it anyway, bit cheesy and stereotypical IMO.
The Damian version is, that's for sure.

Ecstatic Events
08-02-2011, 02:29 PM
I really hope not.