PDA

View Full Version : Now that's the kind of email I like

Spirits High
08-02-2011, 01:49 PM
I've got a corporate gigged booked in for next Wednesday and they'd asked the usual type things and nothing seemed out of the norm.

Just received this email:

Hi Paul,

Re set up next week, I just wanted to check that you are bringing decks (or a laptop) and a mixer and then just supplying us with a stereo feed from your mixer. We are providing all PA, lighting and a monitor.

Kind regards,

Anna.

Happy days!!! :D

Alchemy
08-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Was this never mentioned in discussions beforehand? :daft:

Makes thing nice and simple :D

Spirits High
08-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Was this never mentioned in discussions beforehand? :daft:

Makes thing nice and simple :D

No, hence the suprise :D

I even chatted to her on the phone about it aswell. Hey ho nice easy night kit wise ;)

simonp
08-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Me likey

Git

:D

Shaun
08-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Nice one, Paul. :)

My gig next Friday are supplying all their own lighting. Just a quick PA setup and I'm good to go. Lovely.

yourdj
08-02-2011, 02:25 PM
I just had one like that from a local radio station.

Day time fri and sat - equipment only (no lights). Nice

You know you will end up with this:

http://danielseny.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Mobile-DJ-Equipment-Setup-003.jpg

DJ Tony McQue
08-02-2011, 02:30 PM
I have a gig in the summer where a mate of the Brides who runs the local disco shop will be supplying the PA and lighting. I am just hoping it is decent equipment.

Charlie Brown
08-02-2011, 02:52 PM
I have a gig in the summer where a mate of the Brides who runs the local disco shop will be supplying the PA and lighting. I am just hoping it is decent equipment.

I would ask beforehand. A few people have offered in the past but I've always kindly declined and took my own gear.

Danno13
08-02-2011, 03:04 PM
I would guess in Paul's case, the lighting & sound is being done by a production company - so I doubt it will be a pair of soundlabs and a couple of mushrooms :cool:

Spirits High
08-02-2011, 08:13 PM
I would guess in Paul's case, the lighting & sound is being done by a production company - so I doubt it will be a pair of soundlabs and a couple of mushrooms :cool:

Spot on Danno

Here's who's doing it

http://www.q-basemedia.com/