PDA

View Full Version : Dj's Wanted For Internet Station

russfall
23-08-2006, 10:43 AM
My name is Russell Falls. I am in the process of setting up a non profit making radio station that will broadcast over the internet. I am looking for volunteers that are, or would like to be, a radio presenter/dj. Age and experience are not essential as everyone has to learn at some point, whether you are 8 or 80. The station will broadcast various types of music, from rock, pop, rap, oldies etc. You would be required to pre-record a show that can be made up at home on any type of recording equipment, then, once sent to me I would then broadcast these shows on the station. If you, or you know of anyone that would like to give this a try, please e-mail [email protected] . Thanks

Corabar Steve
23-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Hi Russell, give us a bit more background on this project & yourself (maybe start a newbies thread on this last bit).

Have you got the licences in order yet? I'm sure you can appreciate we cannot promote a pirate station.

Welcome to the forum & feel free to ask any DJ / Disco related questions, there's usually somebody who can help.

russfall
23-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi Steve, thanks for that. I am currently looking at sponsership deals, that will sponser the broadcast server rates. Most of the servers include the licence rates in their price, so at least I do not have to worry about that. My main worry is to find enough presenters to cover shows. Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Russell