PDA

View Full Version : Website testing

NXDisco
13-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Ok,

Website nearly done. Need people to browse the site, have a look around and list on here any error messages received. There is no content yet for a reason.

I need people to test in particular the gallery. This has caused me numerous head aches for a few days. Please note, the images are mine and are not DJ related. This is purely for testing as I have no pics of my rig yet.

Any hints, tips or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Shaun.

Link: CLICK HERE (http://nxdisco.com)

Booche
13-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Not too bad mate apart from the Header Logo looks unbalanced mate the font seems to be up and down :(

Hope to see more when you have updated :D

Gallery is ok mate

Charlie Brown
13-02-2011, 06:34 PM
None of the links work for me and I'm not a fan of the layout. :o

NXDisco
13-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Not too bad mate apart from the Header Logo looks unbalanced mate the font seems to be up and down :(

Not sure what that means - looks fine to me! Please elaborate Mr Bond...

Charlie, what do you mean by the links aren't working??!! Is it because you get 'You are not authorized to view this resource. You need to login.' when clicking them?

Thats because content is on the site, but is unpublished - so the unregistered cannot view it. Once its published, every man and indeed maybe his dog can have a read...

Ta.

hammy
13-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Gallery working fine this end, Lost on what Dave says about the header being up and down as its straight for me

Charlie Brown
13-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Ahhh, that explains it. :)

Booche
13-02-2011, 06:47 PM
I think its the X and D that sort of throws of the balance/view of things mate thats the only thing i can see as they seem higher then the rest BUT i have checked it and there not lol

Visual trick :P

DJWilson
13-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Not a fan of the gallery needing to scroll within it.

Hate scrolling iframes, apart from that, all good mate.

hammy
13-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I think its the X and D that sort of throws of the balance/view of things mate thats the only thing i can see as they seem higher then the rest BUT i have checked it and there not lol

The art of seeing it properley is to stand on yer head and look at it upside down ;)

NXDisco
13-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Gallery working fine this end, Lost on what Dave says about the header being up and down as its straight for me

Glad the gallery is fine! Pain the :Censored: thats been! I think you and me both were abit lost with Dave...

Ahhh I get you now.. Thanks for clearing that up, I got a tiny bit worried!

Ta.

Dynamic Entertainment
13-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Everythings fine at my end, in Chrome and IE8

NXDisco
13-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Not a fan of the gallery needing to scroll within it.

Hate scrolling iframes, apart from that, all good mate.

That should of fixed that... try again?

NXDisco
13-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Everythings fine at my end, in Chrome and IE8

Thanks mate. Forgot to mention cross-browser support! Good reminder :cool:

DJWilson
13-02-2011, 07:43 PM
That should of fixed that... try again?

Still need to scroll within the gallery.

I'm:
Windows 7 on IE8

Cowlinn
13-02-2011, 07:47 PM
I am not authorised to see any of the pages!! :o

hammy
13-02-2011, 07:51 PM

I'm:
Windows 7 on IE8

I`m win7 IE8 and need to scroll but earlier I didn`t need to so whatever it was before you changed it the 2nd time

NXDisco
13-02-2011, 07:53 PM

I'm:
Windows 7 on IE8

Okay, try now?

Corabar Entertainment
13-02-2011, 07:54 PM
There is no content yet for a reason.

Charlie, what do you mean by the links aren't working??!! Is it because you get 'You are not authorized to view this resource. You need to login.' when clicking them?

Thats because content is on the site, but is unpublished - so the unregistered cannot view it. Once its published, every man and indeed maybe his dog can have a read...

I am not authorised to see any of the pages!! :o

:bang:

How many people actually READ the posts on the forum?

Cowlinn
13-02-2011, 07:57 PM
:bang:

How many people actually READ the posts on the forum?

Apparently my skim reading skills aren't up to scratch!

:sorry:

Anyway, looks like a nice site. :)

DJWilson
13-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Okay, try now?

Bingo! :)

Cowlinn
13-02-2011, 07:59 PM
One thing I will say is - Break up the numbers a bit in the header. i.e.

07777 777 777

Is a lot easier to read then:

NXDisco
13-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Angela, your not the only one thinking it :whistle:

Glad its fixed the silly scroll bar. If anyone else gets it, please shout up.

I've also messed around with the css of the gallery so it looks more embedded now rather than one block. Look ok or back to old?

Thanks!

Cowlinn
13-02-2011, 08:06 PM
I feel like I'm wasting my time posting on here sometimes.

:wave: :wave: Hello!! Can anybody here me?! :wave::wave:

:D

NXDisco
13-02-2011, 08:09 PM
I feel like I'm wasting my time posting on here sometimes.
:wave: :wave: Hello!! Can anybody here me?! :wave::wave:
:D

Yes! I hear you! Didn't respond to your OP as Angela beat me to it. and the second, I didn't see it until now.

So in answer to that....

I agree in what your saying, and I'll look at it tomorrow evening. Thanks for your input bud....

:ner:

Jason
13-02-2011, 11:42 PM
DJMark... please don't make this a selling point! Ugh! Sell "you", not a bit of virtual paper from a site that has never seen you perform!

...and a Bronze rating?
If you feel this type of thing really helps, wait until you get can get better. I personally wouldn't bother.

In fact, all the links on the left can be demoted to a sub-page. If someone has found you, its not wise to link to external sites so easily - I'm seeing "need a disco" and a click through to their site shows a "Free Quote" link... to other DJs!

Put pictures of your gigs (happy people dancing!) in the place of these nonsense images. You'll get far more business that way. Clients don't care about PLI/PAT unless the venue requires it.

Also, consider putting a piccy of yourself on the homepage (dressed up..).

Otherwise, wherever you mention "contact us" , "call us" ,"email us", link to a contact page. Make it easy for clients.

I hope this helps!
Jason