PDA

View Full Version : Website Mugged

CRAZY K
25-08-2006, 04:48 PM
I dont know how this has happened but I just noticed on one of my sites that somehow the words ---people like us--has been highlighted in blue and is now acting as a link showing RX related results advertising three people I have never heard of!!!

The person who originally designed my site has my password for access to my website---have they done this possibly?

The actual file for the page affected is held by my web designer on their computer.

I havent done it--so how could this happen?

A virus cant get into websites--can it?

CRAZY K

DMX Will
25-08-2006, 07:20 PM
The actual file for the page affected is held by my web designer on their computer.

I havent done it--so how could this happen?

A virus cant get into websites--can it?

CRAZY K

The chances of it being a virus are rather slim. If you have a reason to believe it's the designer, I would advise you change the password to the ftp and control panel on your web host. If you need further help, let me know.

However, if you don't think it could be the designer, ask him to upload the site again, and then send you a copy of the pages in a zip file over email or something. Then change your ftp/control panel passwords as above, someone may have guessed them and be "playing with your mind" as such.