PDA

View Full Version : Wizard Extreme Bag

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Has anyone ever used a padded bag for a Wizard Extreme?

Does such a thing exist? I'm sure they used to do one for the EFX500.

After buying a couple of new cases, I have found out that the Extreme cases don't fit in my large trunk, so I was thinking about putting them in bags and then in the trunk.

sweetie
24-02-2011, 09:27 PM
I had the efx500 bags and found them good enough. I have ruled out a case for my wizard for similar reasons and have been putting it in a holdall I had and have lined with foam. does the job!

Sapphire Disco
24-02-2011, 09:27 PM
I am sure this is the one I use for my EFX600

http://www.disco-world.co.uk/cases/arriba-ac-145-padded-case/prod_79.html

But might be worth just double checking the dimensions :)

WWDJ
24-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Martin Big Bag is the name but they are discontinued.

I kind of may have a spare one, but it needs repair as the front part is coming away. I'll take a look over the weekend if you can't source one and take some pics of its condition.

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-02-2011, 09:47 PM
I am sure this is the one I use for my EFX600

http://www.disco-world.co.uk/cases/arriba-ac-145-padded-case/prod_79.html

But might be worth just double checking the dimensions :)

That was the one I was looking at!

Arriba says it fits, but the dimensions Martin give are different. :confused:

Martin Big Bag is the name but they are discontinued.

I kind of may have a spare one, but it needs repair as the front part is coming away. I'll take a look over the weekend if you can't source one and take some pics of its condition.

I need 2 anyway, but thanks. :)

Sapphire Disco
24-02-2011, 10:40 PM
That was the one I was looking at!

I need 2 anyway, but thanks. :)

I just checked my old order details yes that's the correct one AC145

DJ Tony McQue
25-02-2011, 07:19 AM
I use the Arriba one that is linked to above. So long as you don't bang the mirror drum on anything whilst in transit, it is fine. I leave my clamps on my Wizard Extreme in the bag and have had no issues.

Ajaysdisco
25-02-2011, 08:17 AM

Don’t trust Arriba with their recommendations, I suggest you measure the Wizard and use the Arriba dimensions.
The reason being is I brought a Arriba bag for an EGO and Arriba recommend a bag that was far too big, I was able to get away with the next size down bag.

Sapphire Disco
25-02-2011, 09:33 AM
I didn't realise the Wizard is a little bigger than the EFX to be honest there is plenty of room in the AC145 for the EFX and I think the Wizard will still fit but it would be worth asking the suppliers before ordering.

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-02-2011, 09:34 AM
I didn't realise the Wizard is a little bigger than the EFX to be honest there is plenty of room in the AC145 for the EFX and I think the Wizard will still fit but it would be worth asking the suppliers before ordering.

And that being the problem - they are all giving out different information!

Paul

Fancy popping over for a coffee/tea next week?

And bringing your bag with you, so I can measure.

:sofa:

Corabar Entertainment
25-02-2011, 10:56 AM
...and don't forget the Terralec equivalents (Cobra) (http://www.terralec.co.uk/flight_cases/padded_bags_and_covers/236_0c.html) of the Arriba's too!

Can certainly vouch that the quality of them appears to be as good as the Arriba ones - but cheaper (I suspect same manufacturer / different label)

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-02-2011, 11:06 AM
...and don't forget the Terralec equivalents (Cobra) (http://www.terralec.co.uk/flight_cases/padded_bags_and_covers/236_0c.html) of the Arriba's too!

Can certainly vouch that the quality of them appears to be as good as the Arriba ones - but cheaper (I suspect same manufacturer / different label)

Yep, also looked at them and they do look to be more padded. Just need to be sure about the sizing.

Sapphire Disco
25-02-2011, 02:53 PM
And that being the problem - they are all giving out different information!

Paul

Fancy popping over for a coffee/tea next week?

And bringing your bag with you, so I can measure.

:sofa:

Yes will do I will bring my EFX600 as well because I'm not sure it's working properly, the gobos seem a bit out of focus to me , I've tried adjusting them, see what you think.

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Yes will do I will bring my EFX600 as well because I'm not sure it's working properly, the gobos seem a bit out of focus to me , I've tried adjusting them, see what you think.

Okey doke - give me a bell and we can sort it out. :)

Andy Goodtimes
26-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Daren...obviously I dunno what type of transport you use and how much space you have but I would say to keep them in the cases if you can, the bags are ok, I have a couple of 500s in genuine Martin bags but you need to handle them more carefully, and of course the weight of your trunk will go up considerably if you put 2 Wizards in it.

If it is of any help I still have 2 of the Thomann cases like you had off me but also 2 of the Buster ones which are slightly smaller although only about an inch all round, they are lighter too and IMO not quite so good but they are certainly better than the bags but I would swap the Thomann cases for the Buster ones if any use...they are made out of the lightweight stucco material, silver with black splashes.

I agree too that generally the Terralec bags and cases are pretty resonable both in terms of quality and price.

flatliners
03-03-2011, 08:34 PM

I agree with what angela i have the cobar bags and they do as great job

sweetie
28-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Hey darren, which did you end up buying? thanks

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Hey darren, which did you end up buying? thanks

I ended up buying the Terralec equivalent, linky here (http://www.terralec.co.uk/padded_bags_and_covers/padded_equipment_bag_480_x_458_x_280mm/28076_p.html).