PDA

View Full Version : Cortex 3000 Help

ppentertainments
01-03-2011, 05:07 PM
After being as 'happy as Larry' with the cortex 1000's I own, I decided to buy a 3000 as I like the larger screen. However I have a couple of problems not encountered before :

These only happen on the 'second side' when selecting the hard drive on powering up. The first side to choose the drive works fine.

1. The search display only shows File Browser and Playlists instead of, like the other side album, artists etc etc. When using a USB stick this works ok.

2. The keyboard will only work correctly on the first side also and will not 'flick between' sides.

I am using the same keyboard / harddrives as used on the 1000's so can't see this being a problem. All updates etc have also been done.

Any help gratefully appreciated. :beer1: :beer1:

Excalibur
01-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Almost exactly the problems listed here, posts #59.60 and onwards.
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30803&page=6

STEVE HANLEY
01-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Almost exactly the problems listed here, posts #59.60 and onwards.
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=30803&page=6

Lol When I clicked on to that thread and saw that it had like 6 zillion replies.

I promptly thought "Nah I don't think I'll bother thanks":D :D

ppentertainments
01-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Lol When I clicked on to that thread and saw that it had like 6 zillion replies.

My feelings too, setting off to gig so will look when have a spare day or 2 :D

Excalibur
01-03-2011, 07:04 PM
My feelings too, setting off to gig so will look when have a spare day or 2 :D

Well to save you busy lads a lot of reading, I'll give you the consensus reached after all those repiles.

" Stuff this for a game of soldiers, I'm buying a DDS " :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

STEVE HANLEY
01-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Well to save you busy lads a lot of reading, I'll give you the consensus reached after all those repiles.

" Stuff this for a game of soldiers, I'm buying a DDS " :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Are you listening or should that be reading Chris?:D :D

ppentertainments
01-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Just got text from my 11yr old, apparantly all sorted. He plugged his hd he uses on the mac and it all works? ??????????

ppentertainments
01-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Well, I now seem to have the same problem again. This time the 1000 will read my drive and work great. The 3000 won't recognise the drive and when plugging a different drive in, the problems in post 1 appear.

Use my main backup drive (which has loads of other types of file) and it works all ok ???

Any help ??

Serious not - if anyone would like to swap a 3000 for a 1000 I will consider, the 3000 has too many features for me and prefer the smaller size of the 1000.

Excalibur
01-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Well, I now seem to have the same problem again. This time the 1000 will read my drive and work great. The 3000 won't recognise the drive and when plugging a different drive in, the problems in post 1 appear.

Use my main backup drive (which has loads of other types of file) and it works all ok ???

Any help ??

Serious not - if anyone would like to swap a 3000 for a 1000 I will consider, the 3000 has too many features for me and prefer the smaller size of the 1000.
Chris, the one important thing that has emerged over the recent dialogue about the 3000 is that for some reason only Julian understands, you have to use FAT32 with a 3000.

Have you by any chance stuck an NTFS drive in it? :confused: ( And if Corabar Steve reads this, he will soon have to dry himself off. Stop laughing, Steve. :p :D :D :D )

Chris, I'll ring you sometime soon.

ppentertainments
01-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Chris, the one important thing that has emerged over the recent dialogue about the 3000 is that for some reason only Julian understands, you have to use FAT32 with a 3000.

Have you by any chance stuck an NTFS drive in it? :confused: ( And if Corabar Steve reads this, he will soon have to dry himself off. Stop laughing, Steve. :p :D :D :D )

Chris, I'll ring you sometime soon.

no. All fat32 here. Can get it to work fine on backup drive, kinda work on others (not powered though) and nowt at all on the one I want it to work with.