PDA

View Full Version : Attention Cortex hdc 1000 users

CRAZY K
03-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Some of us have suffered from a "sticky" start and stop button (Peter please note)

I have found a very helpful contact who apparently has the only current stock of spares in UK---nearest are in handily placed France.:eek:

Anyway the switches are £1-50 plus postage.

Apparently this guy charges £30 per hour labour and estimates an hour to replace the switch.

So either DIY, take it to your Disco shop/repairer or send to the undernoted-

Kevin
Music Master Systems
27 Plaitford Grove
Havant
Hampshire
PO9 4AT

Tel: 023 9236 9443

email: [email protected]

Business Hours :- Mon - Wed. 10:00 - 17:30 Thurs

A useful contact

www.musicmastersystems.co.uk

hammy
03-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Copied and kept just in case, Thanks for the heads up :beer1: :beer1:

CRAZY K
03-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Some of us have suffered from a "sticky" start and stop button (Peter please note)

I have found a very helpful contact who apparently has the only current stock of spares in UK---nearest are in handily placed France.:eek:

Anyway the switches are £1-50 plus postage.

Apparently this guy charges £30 per hour labour and estimates an hour to replace the switch.

So either DIY, take it to your Disco shop/repairer or send to the undernoted-

Kevin
Music Master Systems
27 Plaitford Grove
Havant
Hampshire
PO9 4AT

Tel: 023 9236 9443

email: [email protected]

Business Hours :- Mon - Wed. 10:00 - 17:30 Thurs

A useful contact

www.musicmastersystems.co.uk

Sorry corrected timings

Thurs - Fri. 10:00 -14:00

DJ Jules
03-03-2011, 04:24 PM
As I've mentioned before - buttons can be purchased via RS online for 30p/each and I'm prepared to do a complete button replace on an HDC1000 for £40+ P&P.

I'll dig out the link to my original thread on this subject later.

Julian

Excalibur
03-03-2011, 04:58 PM
As I've mentioned before - buttons can be purchased via RS online for 30p/each and I'm prepared to do a complete button replace on an HDC1000 for £40+ P&P.

Julian

A possibility I enquired about a while ago, but you missed it, or passed it off as a whimsy. ;) :D

Alan, Julian, many thanks lads, one way or another, Cortex 2 is going to get some new buttons, probably followed shortly after by Cortex 1.

DJ Jules
03-03-2011, 05:02 PM
A possibility I enquired about a while ago, but you missed it, or passed it off as a whimsy. ;) :D

You'd better go back and re-read the thread then... I think you missed a post :D I was just waiting for the PM ;)

Link (http://forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21941&page=3)

Julian

Excalibur
03-03-2011, 05:04 PM
You'd better go back and re-read the thread then... I think you missed a post :D I was just waiting for the PM ;)

Link (http://forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21941&page=3)

Julian

Don't tell me it's Specsavers time again? :eek: :eek: Oh poo, apologies young man, I'll just wander off to have a look at the thread, and see how grovelling an apology you're due. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Excalibur
03-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Ah. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I've read the thread. I don't know how I missed it. :daft: :daft:
Hmmmm, this may have to be the most grovelling apology possible, without actually committing Hara Kiri.

PM imminent, young Sir.

CRAZY K
03-03-2011, 10:02 PM

Julian

Thanks for that--I can only see the start stop buttons being a problem--the other functions can be carried out by using the plug in keyboard---which is what I do.

You can in fact use the keyboard for start and stop--but I find it more positive pushing the button;)