PDA

View Full Version : Request slips

mg ents
28-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Hi all,

Just about to buy some request slips, who has the best deals....where do you all get them from, any ideas??

Cheers
Garry
GM-Ents
www.gm-ents.co.uk

Paul James Promotions
28-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Just design them, print, and photocopy...

Shaun
28-08-2006, 02:53 PM
I design and print my own. I rarely use them though.

Have a disco
28-08-2006, 03:14 PM
I run mine off, but very few apart from karaoke ones get used so now only both with karaoke ones now, but I have stick it notes for them to write upon should I be busy at the time with a pen. saves the can I play some 70's questions?? especially when Ive just changed era or tempo. may I suggest though getting request slips upon the back of your business cards and scatter a few about on tables they either come up with a card or pocket it

Paul James Promotions
28-08-2006, 03:24 PM
may I suggest though getting request slips upon the back of your business cards and scatter a few about on tables they either come up with a card or pocket it

I'd say that would be pretty pointless.

Better to design the slips with one side containing your name and contact details, so they can tear this part off for future reference.

Have a disco
28-08-2006, 03:46 PM
either way works have tried it

leighinstoke
28-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Tried them and they didn't work for me - just gets the staff narked as they have to clear them off the floor at the end of the night. I just keep a massive pad of paper and pens for requests to be scribbled on next to me - gives the girls a chance to come up and argue over their requests while I get on with the job in hand.

Business cards - wallet, CD case and PC case to make sure I've enough on me.

Leigh....

Danno13
28-08-2006, 04:35 PM
I print my own on record cards (look in staples etc.)... don't use a4 and then cut it as it will look crap. The record cards are thicker than normal paper so look more pro.

DJ Spinko
28-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Agree with previous comments, design and print them off, include your name/disco name, phone number, etc but expect the following:

Most of them to be left at the end of the evening still on the tables, covered in doodles or spilt beer
Unusual and generally unplayable requests from the floor
Rubbish messages like - "when are you going to play something decent".

But they can work if the crowd is receptive to them

Cris
DJ Spinko

Creature
29-08-2006, 12:13 PM
i just have a request board by the rig - then its down to my helper for the night to find it and make sure its suitable for the venue/crowd

ian8limelight
29-08-2006, 12:17 PM
I don't use request slips although I know of some DJ's that do.

I encourage requests throughout the night and find it more beneficial to discuss a request with an individual than for somebody to just hand me a sheet of paper.

Candybeatdiscos
29-08-2006, 04:54 PM
yeah i do karaoke weekly and go with when someone comes up - ensourage interaction...also get people to vote who gets up etc

soundscapes
18-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Karaokedirect sell request slips, or try ebay. I got 20 packs of 500 karaoke direct slips off there last year and they look more professional than computer printed ones

colinm345
21-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Well my karaoke slips look just great and I use Serif Desktop Publishing to create them :teeth:

delboy666
31-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Hi all,

Just about to buy some request slips, who has the best deals....where do you all get them from, any ideas??

Cheers
Garry
GM-Ents
www.gm-ents.co.uk
I just use a basic design put on excel print A4s and cut them to the require size.It's a bit long winded but it.s cheap when lots of them end up beer stained and wasted.

EMKaraoke
08-11-2006, 12:19 PM
You can buy professional looking tickets at about 1p each (no boring printing & cutting out...I am naturally lazy). 250 tickets for £2.50 , hence the 1p calculation.

DK Karaoke
09-11-2006, 03:03 PM
HI all,

I always use requests slips, which I designed and print myself. Its the cheapest and most efficient.

I believe, a KJ that uses request slips look more professional, as opposed to those you just cut up bits of scrappy paper, doesn't look good at all.

After all your request slips are a form of advertising. I would be rich if I had a penny for each time, I kept a request slip each time I saw a new JK. This was before I became a KJ myself.

If people like you, they will keep your slip just in case they want to contact you for a gig in the future, therefore advertise your wares on your slips.

Corabar Entertainment
09-11-2006, 10:29 PM
I agree that it's essential for karaoke, but - personally - I don't like it for discos. I think a DJ should have a more personal approach

Jiggles
09-11-2006, 10:30 PM
I agree that it's essential for karaoke, but - personally - I don't like it for discos. I think a DJ should have a more personal approach

Or go digital :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Corabar Entertainment
09-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Very personal! :eek:

Corabar Steve
10-11-2006, 09:02 AM

What's that got to do with taking requests?

Or are you still set on the remote laptop for requests?

Jiggles
10-11-2006, 10:12 AM
What's that got to do with taking requests?

Or are you still set on the remote laptop for requests?

I'm still testing that :eek:

its going quite well actually tust trying to find a free LAN Messanger thats all:D

DK Karaoke
10-11-2006, 01:27 PM

You cant go digital for karaoke YET.....:eek:

I dont use request slips for disco, only karaoke.

I usually play a planned set for disco, made up of client requests as specified on their booking form. However, I do bring a lot of discs, mostly the major compilations by theme, so that if someone does ask for something else (as they always do) I usually have what they want.

Danno13
10-11-2006, 02:23 PM
I usually play a planned set for disco, made up of client requests as specified on their booking form.

How does that work? Surely you work off the crowd you have in front of you?

What the client asks for on their list isn't necessarily whats going to work on the night.

DK Karaoke
11-11-2006, 01:14 AM

I usually play a planned set for disco, made up of client requests as specified on their booking form. However, I do bring a lot of discs, mostly the major compilations by theme, so that if someone does ask for something else (as they always do) I usually have what they want.

As I said, usually have what they want, and always judge the mood, hence the need to bring extra discs. I carry a boat load of discs, both karaoke and music tracks.;)

Wish karaoke was digital, but not yet I fear. Would cut down on the load I have to take.

colinm345
19-11-2006, 01:28 PM

Could not agree more:)

flatliners
04-04-2007, 08:53 PM
pity there wasnt a service there insted of people filling out slips for what they wanted to sing they could txt you or something it would also save the trees from being cut down thus helping the planet

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-04-2007, 08:56 PM
pity there wasnt a service there insted of people filling out slips for what they wanted to sing they could txt you or something it would also save the trees from being cut down thus helping the planet

And what about upgrading your phone every year?

That's not very green really is it? :rolleyes:

Thames Valley Discos
04-04-2007, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=DK Karaoke;74884]You cant go digital for karaoke YET...QUOTE]

You can.. or am i missing something here:confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-04-2007, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE=DK Karaoke;74884]You cant go digital for karaoke YET...QUOTE]

You can.. or am i missing something here:confused:

Officially and legally etc