PDA

View Full Version : MixAlbum - Dragons Den

Adam_F
29-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Have any of you watched the last episode regarding www.mixalbum.com ? A new download site for mp3's, chose all the songs you want, order, and they'll mix it all in too!
Could be quite useful when you need a couple of songs mixed together for a toilet break or a bar run. But looking at their music selection, they have got a long way to come yet! (Surprised they won backing from the Dragons Den for such a limited database so far).

Shaun
29-08-2006, 04:05 PM
I saw this on dragons den last week. Great idea...Like you I'm surprised it got the financial backing from the "big guns". Good on the lad though, I'm sure with the financial backing and business know how of the "dragons" the business will do well.

Adam_F
29-08-2006, 04:09 PM
It does look good, and from the sample mixes I've heard on the site, the software he's developed to do it, is good. Just a shame of the lack of music currently on there really.

Candybeatdiscos
29-08-2006, 04:49 PM
and its all legal?

Adam_F
29-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Yes, all the tracks have been bought from the record labels. Think the site pays 46p for the track, then charges about 85p per download, well as far as I can remember from the show.

Corabar Steve
29-08-2006, 05:15 PM
It does look good, and from the sample mixes I've heard on the site, the software he's developed to do it, is good. Just a shame of the lack of music currently on there really.
It does say in large letters PREVIEW SITE (about that size) at the top of the page, it will be interesting to see what it's like once it's fully up & running

dj andy allwood
29-08-2006, 06:18 PM
yeah i saw that show too but i didnt think the mix was that good to be honest :embarasse