PDA

View Full Version : how much???

soundlad
29-08-2006, 07:28 PM
hi, how much do you guys think i would get for an immaculate 9 month old behringer 15 band graphic eq???? I think i payed around £60 for it new!

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-08-2006, 08:25 PM
I reckon £25-£30 if you chucked it on Ebay.

soundlad
29-08-2006, 08:32 PM
i can see they loose there value quite a bit! :mad:

A1DL
29-08-2006, 08:37 PM
i can see they loose there value quite a bit! :mad:

you could always carefully remove the Bellringer logo, to secure some higher bids :teeth:

soundlad
29-08-2006, 08:45 PM
i thought behringer was quite a good make for audio stuff?

A1DL
29-08-2006, 08:54 PM
quote from wikipedia:

"Behringer works on the principle of "Performance... at affordable prices" [1]. Behringer products tend incorporate as many features as competing products costing two-three times more than behringer. However, the sound quality and durability of behringer products compared to competing products is heavily debated."

abyssdjhire
29-08-2006, 09:31 PM
probably not worth selling it to be honest.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Zach, as I said, you should get £25-£30 for it.

Way too much gear snobbery by people who don't actually use the products seems to be making an unwelcome appearance on here.

soundtracker
29-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I've notice a lot of this" my opinions more valid than yours" creeping in of late, at the end of the day an opinion is just that!

Corabar Entertainment
29-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Hear Hear!

Corabar Steve
29-08-2006, 10:57 PM
Way too much gear snobbery by people who don't actually use the products seems to be making an unwelcome appearance on here.

Yeah, I've notice a lot of this" my opinions more valid than yours" creeping in of late, at the end of the day an opinion is just that!I'll second both of these quotes

Corabar Entertainment
29-08-2006, 11:00 PM
I'll second both of these quotesI already did - so you'll have to 'third' them :teeth:

A1DL
29-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Agreed, the £25-£30 price sounds about right for the EQ, and even if you don't quite get that, it's got to be worth selling if you no longer need it.

Anyway, looking through ebay, provide you don't have a too high starting price, Bellringer stuff seems to attract quite a few bids.

As for gear snobbery, the important thing to remember is that everything has it's place in the foodchain, and whilst entry level kit won't retain the same value as pro audio kit, it represents a huge percentage of overall kit sold through retail each year and enables new guys n gals to go out on the road, without taking out a second mortgage!

Hopefully thats a fair view, although I must admit we have none of the aforementioned manufacturer's equipment on our inventory, and when it comes to analogue EQs I've long been biased towards Klark & dbx, although I have PAT tested a fair bit of bellringer over the years, if that counts for anything?

Corabar Steve
29-08-2006, 11:15 PM
I already did - so you'll have to 'third' them :teeth:
No you didn't, you hear heard them :teeth:

DMX Will
30-08-2006, 12:31 AM
To be honest, for the job behringer can cut it. I did once see a couple of behringer EQs in a theatre. (in house and owned by them) although they were going through financial dificulties. But if was to buy an EQ, it would be behringer (or bellringer?).

As for their amps/speakers, they kick out power like no tomorrow, well built cabs and heavy magnets to pump out immense volumes @ 15" and 200watts. (thats the system ive used)

Also their effects, if your cant quite afford a lexicon, get a behringer, i use the reverb facility at most discos.