PDA

View Full Version : Starcloth Advice Required

Mayhem 1
30-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Hiya Folks, longtime no speak to and I hope you are all doing well.

My starcloth has finally passed away, it was a cheepie one but it has done me proud but I now need a new one.

From previous posts it would seem that the NJD one is the way to go so can anyone please give me any feedback on them if you use one yourself.

Also the best place for a good deal on one. I am looking for a 3mtr x 2mtr.

DiscoMagic
30-03-2011, 09:34 AM
I have the prolight one and have had it for about 4 years - never had any complaints... standard peice of kit sound to light etc etc

http://prolight.co.uk/item/star04/

you can buy it here...

http://www.jbsmusic.co.uk/view/2613/?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=google%2Bproducts

Vectis
30-03-2011, 09:42 AM
The NJD cloths are the best of the budget gear in my experience. The 3x2 is quite heavy and always looks great straight out of the bag because it's made of a good thick serge cloth material and not plastic.

My only gripe with the NJDs is that they have lots of "shoelace" type ties every 8 inches along all 4 sides.

Gripe 1 is that for hanging purposes it can be a struggle with 1 person unless you can assemble at ground level and hoist into position. Depending on your gantry it may be possible to stitch some permanent loops onto the top for quick and easy hanging.

Gripe 2 is that because the ties are on all 4 sides, then at floor level you have a load of ties dangling around! Now the bottom seam of the cloth is velcro'd together so not too much of a problem to stuff them inside but it adds 10 minutes the first time you realise that it looks a mess.

Otherwise, having tried the other budget cloths, I'd buy NJD every time in that price range.

flatliners
30-03-2011, 09:50 AM
i am with the main man vectis njd is good

Mayhem 1
30-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Many thanks chaps.

I thought it would be a NJD one but thought I would check.

surround sounds
30-03-2011, 01:46 PM
i got the madeffects Deckstand curtains and Backdrops and i love them