PDA

View Full Version : Hi Just to introduce myself

spin mobile disco
01-09-2006, 01:39 AM
Hi im matthew from Spin mobile disco, been in the mobile disco trade for about 19 years now, son of a DJ and brother to a DJ so I guess its now a family thing. Just set up my new Disco in Northampton and am trying to settle back into the rythm after a couple of years off. I run what might be called a middle of the field type disco, mostly birthdays weddings and anniversaries. Prefer this type as less chance of the equipment going walkies lol. Good to see so many other DJ's on this forum as this wasnt around when i started. A good way to keep in touch and voice opinions about the trade.
while im here i would be interested in knowing what equipment other DJ's are using and maybe some recomends for any improvements people may feel my own rig may need. Heres my current list.

10ft lighting steel lighting truss (75Kg max weight)
2 x source celebrations dmx linked (36 spare gobos for different occasions) 250watt
2 x source Bats 250w
2 x source magma oil wheel projectors
2 x Pure light 250watt gobo projectors
2 x technotronics 100 watt gobo projectors
1 x chavaut abyss 2 250 watt
1 x chavaut Inferno 250 watt
2 x xtc scanning effect 250 watt
1 10 meter 4 channel rope light
2 x 4 spotlight chasers par 80 (linked)
1 moondot led lighting effect
6 led spotlights (attached to lighting truss)
faser fogger effect
faser bubble machine
Led messege display
620 watt @8 ohm xtx power amplifier (mosfet)
500 watt @ 8ohm BMA power amplifier (backup amp)
Numark CDN-88 Decks
KAM CDX 1100 Decks (Backup)
Numark full 19" 5 channel mixer
2 x 250 rms 15" trapazoid speakers with 15" widehorn piezo
All cables gold contacts with shielding except speaker cables which are gold unshielded oxygen free cables.
Spike protecton mains cables.
2 x speaker stands
2 x DMX controllers + Cables
2 x philips mics
1 x xlr pro mic
1 x wireless mic
1 x sound cancelling headphones
about 6500 songs from 1929-2006
and a laptop just incase

Well thats about the lot hope to see some others posting on here soon by the way i recomend the xtx amp made by a company called RSE in the UK been using it for a while had about 300 people up dancing with it at max the other day and it didnt even clip and was still cold to the touch after 4 hours. Best buy i had i think.
Catch you all Soon
Matt

Paul James Promotions
01-09-2006, 01:42 AM
Hi Matt, welcome to the forum :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-09-2006, 02:47 AM
Hi im matthew from Spin mobile disco, been in the mobile disco trade for about 19 years now, son of a DJ and brother to a DJ so I guess its now a family thing. Just set up my new Disco in Northampton and am trying to settle back into the rythm after a couple of years off. I run what might be called a middle of the field type disco, mostly birthdays weddings and anniversaries. Prefer this type as less chance of the equipment going walkies lol. Good to see so many other DJ's on this forum as this wasnt around when i started. A good way to keep in touch and voice opinions about the trade.
while im here i would be interested in knowing what equipment other DJ's are using and maybe some recomends for any improvements people may feel my own rig may need. Heres my current list.

10ft lighting steel lighting truss (75Kg max weight)
2 x source celebrations dmx linked (36 spare gobos for different occasions) 250watt
2 x source Bats 250w
2 x source magma oil wheel projectors
2 x Pure light 250watt gobo projectors
2 x technotronics 100 watt gobo projectors
1 x chavaut abyss 2 250 watt
1 x chavaut Inferno 250 watt
2 x xtc scanning effect 250 watt
1 10 meter 4 channel rope light
2 x 4 spotlight chasers par 80 (linked)
1 moondot led lighting effect
6 led spotlights (attached to lighting truss)
faser fogger effect
faser bubble machine
Led messege display
620 watt @8 ohm xtx power amplifier (mosfet)
500 watt @ 8ohm BMA power amplifier (backup amp)
Numark CDN-88 Decks
KAM CDX 1100 Decks (Backup)
Numark full 19" 5 channel mixer
2 x 250 rms 15" trapazoid speakers with 15" widehorn piezo
All cables gold contacts with shielding except speaker cables which are gold unshielded oxygen free cables.
Spike protecton mains cables.
2 x speaker stands
2 x DMX controllers + Cables
2 x philips mics
1 x xlr pro mic
1 x wireless mic
1 x sound cancelling headphones
about 6500 songs from 1929-2006
and a laptop just incase

Well thats about the lot hope to see some others posting on here soon by the way i recomend the xtx amp made by a company called RSE in the UK been using it for a while had about 300 people up dancing with it at max the other day and it didnt even clip and was still cold to the touch after 4 hours. Best buy i had i think.
Catch you all Soon
Matt

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum.

I've got an RSE amp in the garage that I've had for years and years - they do last and are very solid.

With regards to your show - I think you have way too much lighting for the average function!

Personally, I would ditch the ropelights and spotboxes and re-evaluate what you use the most in terms of lighting.

Also, you seem to have spent most of your money on lighting and not sound. I always feel you get a much nicer balanced sound from 4 cabs (depending on what they are of course)

Shaun
01-09-2006, 07:30 AM
Hi Matt,

Welcome to the community. :)

dj_ags
01-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Hi Matt :)

And Welcome To The Forum :beer: :teeth:

Corabar Steve
01-09-2006, 10:00 AM
(Sorry I'm going to do it again :embarasse ) Welcome Matt :thumbs_up

dj andy allwood
01-09-2006, 10:03 AM
welcome to the mdd (more dusty discos)

Corabar Steve
01-09-2006, 10:08 AM
welcome to the mdd (more dusty discos)
Speak for yourself, we send all out DJs out with a can of

dj andy allwood
01-09-2006, 10:12 AM
lol CORABAR'S SHINY DISCOS no need for lights when the booth is shining lol

Corabar Entertainment
01-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Hello Matt & welcome :)

spin mobile disco
01-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks for advice but that is my total lighting collection, I pick and choose what i use at a particular function lol wouldnt get the whole lot in the car. As for sound most of my function have been 100 - 300 guests and the speaker amp combo i use is very effective for this type of croud. However i have been looking for a smaller set of cabs to add range but at the moment dont have much room left in the car for the larger venues as it it.
Thanks for the opinion though

DMX Will
01-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

ian8limelight
01-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Hi Matt, welcome aboard. We look forward to your contributions.

Corabar Steve
02-09-2006, 09:23 AM
dont have much room left in the car for the larger venues as it it.
You fit that lot in a car!!!!! :omg: :omg: :omg:

Corabar Entertainment
02-09-2006, 10:34 AM
You fit that lot in a car!!!!! :omg: :omg: :omg:Pay attention, Steve!
Thanks for advice but that is my total lighting collection, I pick and choose what i use at a particular function lol wouldnt get the whole lot in the car.

spin mobile disco
02-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Yep most of it in the back of a 106 diesel car 2 lol.

Corabar Steve
02-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Pay attention, Steve!
I'd only just got up & was half asleep! :embarasse

DJ Spinko
03-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Welcome to the forum, enjoy

Cris
DJ Spinko