PDA

View Full Version : Deckstand

Dynamic Entertainment
10-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Right guys...

Has anyone ever came across a deckstand (its going in the room, so doesnt have to be mobile) that will accomodate 4 CDJs, 10inch mixer, 2 turntables and also has room for a laptop and EFX unit?

Thanks

Steve

:)

funkymook
10-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Have you measured it all up? What length do you actually need?

I'm sure Ultimax would make a bespoke one if their 1.7m is too short.

Or buy a cheap stand of ebay and make your own extended sections for the middle.

Or two stands end to end?

That's it, I'm out of ideas now!

Dynamic Entertainment
10-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Have you measured it all up? What length do you actually need?

I'm sure Ultimax would make a bespoke one if their 1.7m is too short.

Or buy a cheap stand of ebay and make your own extended sections for the middle.

Or two stands end to end?

That's it, I'm out of ideas now!

Its not for mobile work. Purely for the deck room :)

I was looking at this

http://www.htfr.com/p/52863/sefour_x25_foldable_deckstand_silver

But it lacks the space for the 2 extra CDJs, effect unit and laptop :(

funkymook
10-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Its not for mobile work. Purely for the deck room :)
:(

Yep realised that - you don't have to take it to bits and move it just because you can :)

Maybe a combination of add on shelves and a Ultimax type stand would work - so it's not spread out in a long line.

Dynamic Entertainment
10-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Yeah. Think im gonna have to give it some serious thought. So much for a 2ready-to-buy" one :o

funkymook
10-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Yeah. Think im gonna have to give it some serious thought. So much for a 2ready-to-buy" one :o

Haven't you noticed - nothing is ever exactly right for what you need if for!

Howsabout attaching some shelves directly to the walls? (possibly some of the swing out wall speaker arms as well - I'm sure you could get a fitting for them so they would take a shelf). Would save floor space as their wouldn't be any legs as well!

Dynamic Entertainment
10-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Just looked at building a stand. Looked at having the 2 1210s, 2 of the CDjs and the mixer on the flat, then having the other 2 cdjs, laptop and efx on a sloped shelf...although its still gonna be 84.25 inches long :eek: