PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Birthday Party.

dj_ags
02-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Just preparing some music lists for tonights gig, which is a surprise 50th birthday.

Im just wondering what song would you use when the birthday boy/girl walks into the room. My dad suggested Cilla Black - Surprise Surprise, but i am unsure of that choice, and i am racking my brains to think of an alternative..but to no avail as of yet :)

Do you use a an alternative to the song suggested, or do you go straight into the traditional happy birthday.

Thanking you in advance :beer: :thumbs_up

Shaun
02-09-2006, 12:02 PM
I quite like your dads suggestion :)

dj_ags
02-09-2006, 12:08 PM
I quite like your dads suggestion :)

Ok, thanks Shaun, i'll put that in the list :thumbs_up :beer:

CRAZY K
02-09-2006, 12:19 PM
A quick burst of Congratulations ---dont forget!

I prefer one thats NOT by Harry Webb!!!! ( Cliff ) that really dates you and goes on for ever :sad:

Ill probably put that in somewhere at the Wedding tonight.

CRAZY K

dj_ags
02-09-2006, 12:30 PM

Yes, i think that will have to go on after Cilla Black...providing i can find it. Its possibly on iTunes, so i'll have a look in there.

However, if i cannot find it, i will suggest to my dad that we will use that instead, with happy birthday and celebration as a little set.

Thanks again Crazy K :beer: :thumbs_up

Shaun
02-09-2006, 02:11 PM

I prefer one thats NOT by Harry Webb!!!! ( Cliff ) that really dates you and goes on for ever :sad:

CRAZY K

I only ever use the final minute of Cliff's "Congratulations. At the one minute to go mark there is a 4 drum beat then it kicks into the chorus for the last time. I usually start it on the first of those beats. Perfect for effect without having to play all of the god-awful song :)

dj_ags
02-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Just to bring you up to date with events, i couldn't find Cilla Black - Surprise, Surprise anywhere..even on iTunes. I searched everywhere, but i think the answer of "why?" is because it was only released on LP, and hasn't been digitally re-mastered to appear on any CDs (not even her Greatest Hits album :omg:)

Still, i have decided to take Crazy K's advice and use Congratulations, and have added it to the list, asking dad's permission of course :teeth:

I personally agree with Shaun's comment, and as we don't want to play the full version, i am going to cue it up at the one minute mark, like Shaun said.

Thanks for your help guys, i owe you one :beer: :thumbs_up

Shaun
02-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Have fun Scott :)

Candybeatdiscos
02-09-2006, 03:03 PM
wish you all the best

Solitaire Events Ltd
02-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Just to bring you up to date with events, i couldn't find Cilla Black - Surprise, Surprise anywhere..even on iTunes. I searched everywhere, but i think the answer of "why?" is because it was only released on LP, and hasn't been digitally re-mastered to appear on any CDs (not even her Greatest Hits album :omg:)

Still, i have decided to take Crazy K's advice and use Congratulations, and have added it to the list, asking dad's permission of course :teeth:

I personally agree with Shaun's comment, and as we don't want to play the full version, i am going to cue it up at the one minute mark, like Shaun said.

Thanks for your help guys, i owe you one :beer: :thumbs_up

Too late now, but it's on one of the Mastermix TV sets CDs.