PDA

View Full Version : KAM KBCD Kit v2 Anti Shock CD Package

marting
12-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Having been very disappointed with my numark ICD mix 2 have resigned it to the cupboard in the corner as a spare, being on a small budget ordered KAM KBCD Kit v2 Anti Shock CD Package as a replacement. KAM KAP1010 mixer and KAM KCD1200 cd player.

First thought when I eventually got it out of its 3 boxes is its a shame it needs two power leads rather than the one.

My second thought was how am I going to plug into my active speakers given that the only out puts on the mixer are phono.

Luckily my speakers have many inputs including phono.

My next dilemma is what to to with all the redundant xlr leads and speaker cables that I have.

After a quick trip to a local shop that sells all things leads and computer related I picked up a 6m phono to phono cable split it down the middle I now have sound.

I'm very impressed for a budget set up there is no bleed over between channels and I'm getting no feedback from the lap top.

I was a bit concerned that the led power out put lights were not lighting but this was only because I hadn't turned the volume up enough.

Good bit of kit.:)

hammy
12-04-2011, 02:52 PM
My next dilemma is what to to with all the redundant xlr leads and speaker cables that I have.

sell them to me :D

Larry B Entertainment
12-04-2011, 03:00 PM

Keep them. You never know what cables you may need in the future. Always handy to have some in reserve if you end up with more kit or you end up needing to replace faulty leads. Just put them in a bin bag and put into storage.

I have a massive collection of cables from the last 15 years. Some really good quality ones too that I wouldnt dream of giving away :D

marting
12-04-2011, 03:01 PM
sell them to me :D

Not allowed to I don't have 100 posts yet lol

Shaun
12-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Not allowed to I don't have 100 posts yet lol

For just 100 of the Queens pennies you could become an MDD supporter and bypass the 100 post restriction. :)

Excalibur
12-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Hang onto the cables, Martin. Also, possibly look at adaptors from RCA to XLR, which would allow you to use your existing XLR cables with that mixer. I'm guessing the XLR cables will be more robust than the phono ones. ;)

Take Shaun's advice about becoming a supporter. Best quid you'll spend this month. ;)

Glad to hear you're happier with the new kit. The "All in one " option only really scores on space, unless you're spending serious money on say the Denon 6000.

I had a quick look at mixers, and for the price you probably paid, I can't find anything that beats the KAM to any extent. Spend another £80 though......................................

All the best. :)

Pe7e
12-04-2011, 03:55 PM
What didn't you like about the iCDMix2?

marting
12-04-2011, 04:01 PM
What didn't you like about the iCDMix2?

horrific bleed over on channels when using the laptop very bad feed back and hum at low volume. other than that it was brilliant. plse see my post for more.
http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32628&highlight=bleed