PDA

View Full Version : (Sold) Free to good home(s)

Vectis
12-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Shed clearance time. All left over from yesteryear but in serviceable condition unless specified.

I AM NOT GOING TO POST OR COURIER THESE. IF YOU WANT THEM, ARRANGE TO COME AND GET THEM. If it's not viable, get together and sort out a vanload between you, or come and take the lot and sell bits on to make it worthwhile.

DON'T ASK IF YOU CAN SEND A COURIER because if you do there won't be any packaging, labelling or whatever going on. It goes as it is. Your risk.

Remember - I live on the Isle of Wight.

Anything still here by the end of the IW Festival in June (there's your excuse sorted :p ) is going in a big skip at the dump.

Everything is FREE (although I am partial to a nice bottle of red :o )

-----------------------------------------------------

Right then - here goes:

One wheeled flightcase - 16U high with 11U sloped top. Lid and front/back doors come off. Not dead certain on these sizes. Looks like this - in fact it may well be this... http://www.kamkase.co.uk/products/slanttopcombo/prod4.htm

Few scuffs. A few bulgin-sized holes drilled on one side where I had cabling attached. One of the wheels is a bit stiff supermarket style. Some of the metalwork is getting a bit rusty as it's been sat in my shed for 2 years. All cosmetic and cheaply sorted.

-------------------------------

Maplin 3m gantry a bit like http://www.maplin.co.uk/goal-post-lighting-stand-17792 without the "T" bits. Its been well used as a starcloth hanger so fairly scuffed and a bit rusty in places but fully serviceable.

--------------------------------

3 cheap mike stands used for kids karaoke about 3 times - a lot like ITEM 420B here: http://www.micsdirect.com/micstands.htm

---------------------------------

Pair of squat speaker stands in carry bag - used a couple of times for PA in a marquee - ideal for typical 12/15" cabs when on a high stage ... gets them off the floor but not very high in the air!

----------------------------------

5 foot width roller-blind style rear project screen. Hang from a gantry. Various bits of metalwork with it. Used condition but serviceable. Probably good for the cloth if nothing else.

-----------------------------------

7-8 foot width version of above - it's massive!

-----------------------------------

Pair of cheap Something-or-other-Tronic 10" 2-way speakers - used a handful of times for speeches in marquees. Wooden carpeted cabs in black. Don't ask about specs - they're good for the above purpose, might be good as backup for someone, certainly not going to rock the place.

------------------------------------

Liquidpower LQP900 amp which drives the above perfectly. But that's about all.

-------------------------------------

Bag of assorted speakon cables - there's a couple in there that I think are 10m extensions - M/F - not particularly mega quality but fine for linking the last two items

--------------------------------------

Numark DM950 2-channel mixer - only ever kept as a last-resort backup and never used. A bit duffed up and rusty from living under a van seat for a few years but tested this afternoon and working fine.

---------------------------------------

2 PAR 36s once used for lighting a mirror ball. Couple of spare lamps too. Hanging brackets. Small, black. Cheap, basic.

2 Chauvet mini moons - 50W I think - take as non-workers as I couldn't be bothered to find a kettle lead to try them with :p

1 x 20 or 25m VGA extension lead M/F - good quality, used once

One laser ball. It's the size of a football and sits on a rotor unit - with about 90 tiny red laser pen diodes plastered all over it. It goes round and round slowly, a bit like a laser version of a mirror ball. Needs a bit of attention as it's been kicked and is a bit dinged in, but still works fine.

----------------------------------------

That's it for now but I'm sure there's a few more bits and pieces kicking around. If someone wants to take the lot then I'll throw in whatever I find between now and then.

Remember - I WILL NOT POST THESE SO DON'T ASK.

Should there be a scrum (yeah, right) then I'll try to deal with it fairly. What I don't want is folks 'reserving' stuff and then not making arrangements to come and get it. But I want rid ASAP.

DeckstarDeluxe
12-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Be interested in the roller blinds.

Have a van and happy to collect however would need to collect a few things on behalf of others to make it viable.

Vectis
12-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Be interested in the roller blinds.

Have a van and happy to collect however would need to collect a few things on behalf of others to make it viable.

Yours if you want them Neil.... OK everyone South of Brum now has no excuse :)

Booche
12-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Interested in the mini moons and laser ball if Neil is interested in some sort of meetup etc

NXDisco
12-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Vectis.. where are you based?

Edit. Sorry didnt read the blurb at the top. :P

marting
12-04-2011, 04:46 PM
would be interested in the squat speaker stands and the flight case happy to contribute to diesel if deckstars van is coming anywhere near Bournemouth on the way back from the isle of wight.

might be a good excuse for a bbq style meet up i volunteer my back garden

DeckstarDeluxe
12-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Yep happy to make stops on the way back of course in exchange for cost of fuel and small bit on top.

Naturally the more people I'm carrying stuff for the cheaper it becomes :D

Booche
12-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Yep happy to make stops on the way back of course in exchange for cost of fuel and small bit on top.

Naturally the more people I'm carrying stuff for the cheaper it becomes :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Vectis
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Cool Neil - thanks.

Therefore:

SOLD:
Flightcase - Martin
Speaker stands - Martin
Screens - Neil

Still Available:
Gantry
3 mike stands
Speakers
Amp
Cables
Mixer
2 PAR 36s
2 Chauvet mini moons - pending onward travel to Booche
VGA cable
Laser ball - pending onward travel to Booche

Booche
12-04-2011, 05:17 PM
I think if im correct that Neil will be picking them up for me and sorting something out this end :D

(Please corret me if im wrong Neil)

DeckstarDeluxe
12-04-2011, 05:21 PM
I can pick them up Dave no issue like I said dont really know costs until all these items are gone and accounted for.

Booche
12-04-2011, 05:31 PM
I can pick them up Dave no issue like I said dont really know costs until all these items are gone and accounted for.

No worries

Thankyou :D

Reminisce disco
12-04-2011, 05:41 PM
I'll have the gantry, the par 36's and the mixer if Neil is happy to bypass Swindon on his way back to Cheltenham or could meet halfway ? More than happy to share fuel costs and give Neil a bit extra. Cheers,

DeckstarDeluxe
12-04-2011, 05:43 PM
No worries Andy I pretty much pass Swindon as I go A419 down to the M4. It would be good to meet you in person considering your local as well.

Reminisce disco
12-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Brilliant, thanks very much Neil, keep me posted regarding costs, etc.

supersound
12-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Now this is what a forum is about.Pulling together and organizing logistics.
Well done to everyone who has joined in.

Paul

Vectis
12-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Right ... just been out for a bite. Caught up with the thread and PMs and in strict chronological order it's now looking like:

SOLD:
Flightcase - Martin
Speaker stands - Martin
Screens - Neil
Gantry - Reminisce Andy
Speakers - Reminisce Andy
Amp - Reminisce Andy
Mixer - Reminisce Andy
2 Chauvet mini moons - Booche
Laser ball - Booche
2 PAR 36s - Reminisce Andy

Still Available:
3 mike stands
Bag of Cheapo Speakon Cables
Long VGA extension cable

DeckstarDeluxe
12-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Martin I'll take the VGA cable and the mike stands if they are tall enough to be used by adults?

ppentertainments
12-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Now this is what a forum is about.Pulling together and organizing logistics.
Well done to everyone who has joined in.

Paul
That and the magic word - FREE :D :D :D :D

Vectis
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
Martin I'll take the VGA cable and the mike stands if they are tall enough to be used by adults?

Yep.

So that's a bag of Speakons which I'll send with the other stuff to Andy.

Job Done - Thanks Guys!

Neil - PM about travel arrangements. I've got a couple of things on over the next week or two but most days are OK.

ALL SOLD

Matty12
12-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Dam it.:(

DJDC
12-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Neil I'm sure Vectis will advise you but if you haven't travelled to the IOW before shop around before you book your ferry as the costs with wightlink and red funnel vary greatly over the course of the day / week / month etc for example you can get saver tickets from s'ton to east cowes late evening quite cheap (£17 eachway, however individual trips can cost £70+) When we visit family on the isle we try to be as flexible as possible with our journey times, wightlink from portmouth -fishbourne is quicker, oh buy your fuel before you go!

Charlie Brown
12-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Dam it.:(

Same. :D

DeckstarDeluxe
12-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Neil I'm sure Vectis will advise you but if you haven't travelled to the IOW before shop around before you book your ferry as the costs with wightlink and red funnel vary greatly over the course of the day / week / month etc for example you can get saver tickets from s'ton to east cowes late evening quite cheap (£17 eachway, however individual trips can cost £70+) When we visit family on the isle we try to be as flexible as possible with our journey times, wightlink from portmouth -fishbourne is quicker, oh buy your fuel before you go!

Thanks for that what site do you use to book tickets?

Vectis
12-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks for that what site do you use to book tickets?

www.wightlink.co.uk

www.redfunnel.co.uk

Fuel's cheaper here than last time I was in Southampton a couple of weeks ago...

Booche
12-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Just a quick THANKYOU to Martin (Vectis) and Neil (Deckstar)

Martin for doing this and giving the equipment and things away

Neil for offering to go down/up/left/right to pick these up etc

If it wasn't for forums like this then i feel nothing like this would happen

THANKYOU GUYS

DJDC
12-04-2011, 09:50 PM
you can go to either wightlink or redfunnel tickets are posted, printed online or collected from the terminal. Portsmouth I find is the easiest to get to off the motorway

I select my preferred date / times trying both sites and get comparisons but don't commit on a booking until i've tested the prices between both in the past i've found travelling outside peak periods / or on certain days can make quite a saving Costs do really go from 17.00 / 29.00 each way up to over £50ensure you've got fairly good vehicle dimensions before you start to check and read the small print carefully. Islanders get different prices

https://www.redfunnel.co.uk/public/resources/results

DJDC
12-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Neil buy your fuel before you leave home, my Dad said last night fuel's a few pence dearer on the island, and I'm sure vectis is right s'ton is usually dearer, i've made that mistake myself:)

There are a few good superstores on the island for fuel Tesco, Ryde, Morrisons, Lower Hyde, and a few in Newport, and if you have fuel / time depending on where vectis lives take the chance to have a drive round the island some lovely views! I'm sure they guys here would not begrudge you for doing so? You can do the whole circular route round the island in about 1 1/2 hours! Military road seas views heading towards freshwater are awesome, and some great views from Bembridge downs of the Solent / Sandown, just watch your road speed! which I'm sure you do! as the Police are always speed trapping!

Reminisce disco
12-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Just a quick THANKYOU to Martin (Vectis) and Neil (Deckstar)

Martin for doing this and giving the equipment and things away

Neil for offering to go down/up/left/right to pick these up etc

If it wasn't for forums like this then i feel nothing like this would happen

THANKYOU GUYS

I echo everything Dave has said, many thanks Martin and Neil , cheers guys

DeckstarDeluxe
12-04-2011, 10:05 PM
Neil buy your fuel before you leave home, my Dad said last night fuel's a few pence dearer on the island, and I'm sure vectis is right s'ton is usually dearer, i've made that mistake myself:)

There are a few good superstores on the island for fuel Tesco, Ryde, Morrisons, Lower Hyde, and a few in Newport, and if you have fuel / time depending on where vectis lives take the chance to have a drive round the island some lovely views! I'm sure they guys here would not begrudge you for doing so? You can do the whole circular route round the island in about 1 1/2 hours! Military road seas views heading towards freshwater are awesome, and some great views from Bembridge downs of the Solent / Sandown, just watch your road speed! which I'm sure you do! as the Police are always speed trapping!

And heres me thinking the IOW was like Craggy Island :)

Booche
12-04-2011, 10:08 PM
And heres me thinking the IOW was like Craggy Island :)

Go on go on goooo ooon go on go on go on go on :sofa:

DeckstarDeluxe
12-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Right now everything is accounted for I shall close the thread.

Dave might be worth speaking to Ben to see if hes ok picking off Dan otherwise might be a halfway jobbie.

Andy - Once I know when I'm going I'll pm you.