PDA

View Full Version : low level foggers [dry ice effect]

big beat discos
16-04-2011, 09:32 PM
hi didnt know where to place this!! anyone use one need some feedback and models,also when people walk through it does it rise??:confused:

Takeiteasy
17-04-2011, 01:58 PM
A good dry ice machine will set you back around £11,000 and costs around £150 per show to run it..... all the other cheap machinces just dont cut it and the smoke WILL rise.

Your best of just hiring them in when you need one. Bare ion mind thou that some of these units need a 3/32amp feed to them

TONYTIGER
17-04-2011, 03:54 PM
A good dry ice machine will set you back around £11,000 and costs around £150 per show to run it..... all the other cheap machinces just dont cut it and the smoke WILL rise.

Your best of just hiring them in when you need one. Bare ion mind thou that some of these units need a 3/32amp feed to them

Come on get real this is a mobile disco forum,the poster is asking in this context some thing like a Peasouper or the Antari or Martin machines would be ample for disco use.

Daryll
17-04-2011, 04:10 PM
I brought a Mr cool HERE (http://www.totalsounds.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1844)from a member on here , it does the job , its just a fog machine , whose output runs through a pile of ice , the low level fog will rise if people walk through it , but for the money.............

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I brought a Mr cool HERE (http://www.totalsounds.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1844)from a member on here , it does the job , its just a fog machine , whose output runs through a pile of ice , the low level fog will rise if people walk through it , but for the money.............

I had one and seriously wouldn't bother...

As Daryll has said as soon as someone walks through it, the fog goes all over the place.

Dynamic Entertainment
17-04-2011, 07:25 PM
I have a Peasouper for sale in the relevent section ;)

Make me an offer... :D

Takeiteasy
18-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Come on get real this is a mobile disco forum,the poster is asking in this context some thing like a Peasouper or the Antari or Martin machines would be ample for disco use.

I am trying to save the man some money :)

''I had one and seriously wouldn't bother...

As Daryll has said as soon as someone walks through it, the fog goes all over the place.''

Cheap ones just don't work = save your money

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-04-2011, 09:42 AM

As Daryll has said as soon as someone walks through it, the fog goes all over the place.''

But there is a great deal of difference between £100 and £11000! There must be something cheaper that works.

funkymook
18-04-2011, 10:01 AM
hi didnt know where to place this!! anyone use one need some feedback and models,also when people walk through it does it rise??:confused:

What sort of events are you planning to us it at? Size of venue, number of audience, mobile or install, how often will you use it? And what sort of budget do you have?

Shaun
18-04-2011, 10:21 AM

Surely a peasouper would suffice? It's dry ice as opposed to cooled low lying fog, and would provide a cost effective way to get a real dry ice effect at a price that wont break the bank.

Takeiteasy
18-04-2011, 10:23 AM
But there is a great deal of difference between £100 and £11000! There must be something cheaper that works.

The truth is there isn't.... hence why we dont own one :(

I've looked at units around the £500 - £1500 mark and they just dont quite cut it and you just end up filling the room with smoke as it heats up.

If someone is paying for the dry ice effect then that is what they want, not cooled smoke.

We hire the units in when needed but it costs the customer around £350 for 1.5hours of real dryice then the gas runs out and its another £150.....

TONYTIGER
18-04-2011, 12:21 PM
The truth is there isn't.... hence why we dont own one :(

I've looked at units around the £500 - £1500 mark and they just dont quite cut it and you just end up filling the room with smoke as it heats up.

If someone is paying for the dry ice effect then that is what they want, not cooled smoke.

We hire the units in when needed but it costs the customer around £350 for 1.5hours of real dryice then the gas runs out and its another £150.....

The peasouper works great have had one in our hire stock for many years never any complaints simple and effective also the CFS-2000 works well both are based on dry ice.

Takeiteasy
18-04-2011, 12:58 PM
AM i right i saying that the CFS-2000 just cools the smoke... ?

TONYTIGER
18-04-2011, 03:14 PM
AM i right i saying that the CFS-2000 just cools the smoke... ?

Yes it does but uses dry ice in the chamber certainly good enough for mobile disco applications which is what we are talking about,but the Peasouper is the best for low cost applications and has been around since the 70s says it all really.

Takeiteasy
18-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Does the smoke rise once it warms up ?

TONYTIGER
19-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Does the smoke rise once it warms up ?

All low fog effects will rise after a certain time unless your using a citrus which are 10 grand plus ,but as we are not talking west end productions just mobile work the Peasouper will stay down much longer than freezer types.

Takeiteasy
19-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Am sure it does

Larry B Entertainment
19-04-2011, 11:04 PM
We have a Skytec machine. It does a decent job for a few seconds but as soon as the fog is a foot away it rises. Certainly not the X Factor effect. Plus it needs 8kg of ice topping up to make it worthwhile using it.
Personally, wouldnt recommend buying one, they are nothing special. Better to hire in pro units when you need to.

Takeiteasy
19-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Sort of a sloooow smoke riser then ;) lol

Jokes aside thats the problem poeple see the Xfaker and call up saying ''i want that smoke stuff at my wedding / party like they have at the Xfactor''

Ok ..... that will be £££'s with crew & transport & will last around 2 hours.

Phones goes dead