PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Shaker Maker (Gary)

DJ Frankie
18-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I just wanted to say a big thankyou to Gary for playing at my sisters wedding on Friday.
The evening was enjoyed by all including my family who came over from Ireland.

My sister and her husband gave him a few random tracks to play including irish tracks which meant alot to us as a family and he managed to find these tracks and play them. :beer1:

This is the second time I have met Gary and on both occasions he was very proffesional and polite and couldnt do enough for you. If anyone is thinking of using Gary I can highly recommend him.

Thanks again mate, and im so sorry I didnt get to say thank you at the end but had to get my little boy back to the hotel as he was exhausted.

Frankie

P.s sorry for my little dance routine dont know what I was thinking!!!!!! :daft:

Shakermaker Promotions
18-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks Frankie!
It was a pleasure! A bunch of very nice people that were all up for it and it made my job very easy. Good to meet you again and thanks for the recommendation.

(The dance moves weren't THAT bad by the way!).

Nice one, chuffed!

Shaun
18-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Nice job Gary. :)

sweetie
18-04-2011, 08:30 PM
What Irish tracks did you ask for Frankie?

Shakermaker Promotions
18-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Not sure whether Frankie asked for them to be honest but there was lots of Joe Dolan and some Dubliners, Steve Earle, Saw Doctors and Pogues.

DJ Frankie
Thats the ones Gary, did notice a few country tracks aswell. These tracks took my back to my child hood when my mum and dad used to have massive house parties.

Shakermaker Promotions
Oops, posted at the same time!

DJ Frankie
18-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Will keep you in mind for future studio gigs mate.

StarZSoundS
19-04-2011, 05:53 AM
lots of Joe Dolan

Make me an Island is a great track.....

YouTube - Joe Dolan - Make Me An Island

I still play it when I get an Old Fogeys Function....Goes well!!:) :) :)

Shakermaker Promotions
19-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Yep, that was in there along with Westmeath Bachelor and More and More.

sweetie
19-04-2011, 08:47 AM
wow, wouldn't get asked to play Joe dolan over here much. I do slip in 'good lookin woman' if the crowd is a tad more senior and from the country.

StarZSoundS
19-04-2011, 09:31 AM
wow, wouldn't get asked to play Joe dolan over here much. I do slip in 'good lookin woman' if the crowd is a tad more senior and from the country.

I'm sure it charted in England in the sixties and is a really catchy little tune.....got a Penny Arcade,Amarillo,Tie A Yellow Ribbon feelgood type feeling to it IMHO.Class.:)

DJ Frankie
19-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Good looking woman by Joe Dolan is a great song.