PDA

View Full Version : Website

Jiggles
03-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Oppinions please Good or Bad.

www.cd-discos.co.uk (http://www.cd-discos.co.uk)

Oh ye and see if i have any spelling mistaces :teeth:

A1DL
03-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Callum

you need to use a spell checker

on the home page - supplying, parties, periodically, gallery - all misspelt

the text on the about us page does not make sense, and also contains smelling pistakes :teeth:

Tony

Jiggles
03-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Callum

you need to use a spell checker

on the home page - supplying, parties, periodically, gallery - all misspelt

the text on the about us page does not make sense, and also contains smelling pistakes :teeth:

Tony

I AINT A GREAT SPELLER woops caps lock:embarasse :teeth: :teeth:

Done!!!:teeth:

Rattz
03-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Please don't take offence at this, but is this the first draft of the website?

Jiggles
03-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Please don't take offence at this, but is this the first draft of the website?

Nope if its rubbish well i tryed due to limited knowlage on desgining websites and no money ive hade to make it my self :sad: :teeth:

soundtracker
03-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Just work your way through the site, with either a spellchecker or a dictionary, the way it stands at the moment, you are likely to do your business more harm than good.

NeilP
03-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Callum,

On a positive note, i think the overall design of the site is nice and clean, and easy on the eye. That, in my opinion is a great start, as initial impressions are very important.

However, on closer inspection........

Others have already mentioned the spelling issue.
Personally i don't like the scrolling bits at the top, especially the fact that the one about your gallery page being under construction being there on every page.

It looks as though you have tried to keep each webpage to fit onto the computer screen, to avoid viewers having to scroll, if you haven't perhaps you should, as there isn't anything important once you scroll, it is a wasted effort for the viewer to do this, and each page will allow you to do this without losing any of the information on the page.

The text at the top of the calender is far too large. In another thread, someone mentioned that perhaps it wasn't a great idea to have a calender as you would be turning people away as soon as they see that you are already booked, whereas, if someone wanted to book you, and you were busy, you could refer them to the MDD or ask them if it was OK for you to arrange someone else, who you recommend, to contact them instead. You then keep the door open for them to come to you first next time they need a DJ.

You mention that you only do kids parties at the moment - fine. What about some pictures about the Kids Parties, what games/formats/prizes etc do you normally do for the kids parties, how long do they last etc etc.

Also, try and think what a visitor wants to know about you before taking the next stept to contact you. It's more difficult than you think!

That's me done!! :teeth: As i am beginning to realise now, i don't think that you will ever stop tweeking, changing, amending text etc etc on your website. Mine's been up for only a week, and i have already changed at least two or three things on every page so far!!

Great Start Callum, keep us posted as and when you amend the different bits.

Jiggles
03-09-2006, 05:46 PM
UPDATE: Calender Removed
Spelling sorted (I hope)

Corabar Entertainment
03-09-2006, 06:10 PM
PS - It's spellt 'calendar', not 'calender' for future reference :teeth:

Jiggles
03-09-2006, 06:13 PM
PS - It's spellt 'calendar', not 'calender' for future reference :teeth:

Iv been spelling it how i say it :embarasse

NeilP
03-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Callum,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but....

Home Page

'.... hopefully in the near future we are looking to expand into ....'
'This website is always being ....'

About Us Page
'...equipment to make your chlild's...'

Contact Us Page
'Mob:' - no mobile number given, if you don't want to give it out, delete this bit!

Keep going!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Jiggles
03-09-2006, 06:24 PM
the mob numbers is a funny story forgotten it woops

soundlad
03-09-2006, 06:32 PM
That template looks very familiar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jiggles
03-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Done