PDA

View Full Version : Try this out...

Silver
04-09-2006, 09:54 AM
I was bashing my head trying to think of a tune to mix on the end of the Scissor Sisters - I don't feel like dancing. I felt it was a tad difficult as there's nothing like it in the charts at the mo and it's got an old skool disco sound, plus the fairly high pitched voices.

I started off trying some Bee Gees tunes but wasn't 100% happy with the results. I then stumbled across the great old classic December '63.

So.... Beat match them, they're quite close anyway, with about 15 secs left on SS start December, if you get just right the vocals - Oh what a night.. kicks in just as SS cuts.

Tried it Saturday at a wedding at it went down a storm :teeth:
Let me know...

Which brings me to my next thread....

Corabar Entertainment
04-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Personally, I'm surprised that Leo Sayer isn't having words with Scissor Sisters about their new track (You make me feel like dancing?) .... very similar 'feel' :omg:

Silver
04-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Well spotted sir! Good call.

Corabar Entertainment
04-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Sir! SIR!! SIR!!!.... Whadaya mean "Sir"? :omg: :omg: :) :) :)

Shaun
04-09-2006, 11:40 AM
We keep telling you Ang...shave of that underarm hair, it'll save all this confusion. :D

Corabar Entertainment
04-09-2006, 11:44 AM
....but you think the beard is OK? :p

Silver
04-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Oops sorry :embarasse I must say I find it difficult to determine sex on a message board though :) I just never knew madam

Corabar Entertainment
04-09-2006, 12:08 PM
S'okay.... I'll let you off! :teeth: :teeth: (The clue is in my signature: "Angela" :) :) )

Corabar Steve
04-09-2006, 12:22 PM
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I'll have to try that mix myself

pdarnett
04-09-2006, 12:26 PM
try "jive talking" by bee gees or "december 63" frankie vallie

Corabar Steve
04-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Um Paul, that's what Silver suggested
I then stumbled across the great old classic December '63.Jive talking would work too though

Silver
04-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Errrr! sorry did you not read my full post?

Corabar Steve
04-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Errrr! sorry did you not read my full post?Beat you to it :teeth:
Um Paul, that's what Silver suggested Jive talking would work too though......

Silver
04-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Yeh, I saw, you quick fingered typist you, I'll get you back one day! :teeth:

dj andy allwood
04-09-2006, 07:38 PM
erm.... i haven't tried this yet but try billie jean by mj just slow the tempo down a bit

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Billie Jean also mixes nicely into the end of Club Tropicana by Wham!

BeerFunk
04-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Gee whizz....

I have to admit, I don't normally repeat any mixes that work well, as I always DJ 'on the spur of the moment'. I might start taking my minidisc to record a few sets, and listen later....

Silver
06-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Billie Jean also mixes nicely into the end of Club Tropicana by Wham!

Quality, just tried it thanks and of course they're two top tunes so they should keep the floor full. Not like doing a fantastic mix from one big time fav into an unknown tune, you say to yourself "hell I'm good !" :) but the dancefloor empties because nobody knows the second tune!

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-09-2006, 09:35 AM
Quality, just tried it thanks and of course they're two top tunes so they should keep the floor full. Not like doing a fantastic mix from one big time fav into an unknown tune, you say to yourself "hell I'm good !" :) but the dancefloor empties because nobody knows the second tune!

To be honest, I used to mix a lot when I was younger and using turntables - I was well into my scratching too.... :omg:

I do have an ocassional little burst, and then seem to find a few nice little mixes, and then promptly forget what goes with what for the next gig :embarasse

Age probably...

Silver
06-09-2006, 09:43 AM
To be honest, I used to mix a lot when I was younger and using turntables - I was well into my scratching too.... :omg:

I do have an ocassional little burst, and then seem to find a few nice little mixes, and then promptly forget what goes with what for the next gig :embarasse

Age probably...

Same as me sometimes I'd hit on a mix, astound myself and by the time the gigs over I've forgotten the blessed thing! However I've got cute in my old age NOW I have notepad and pen to hand - clever stuff eh! :)

As I use Traktor, I have the ability to record live any and every gig that I do, I can then replay them or even put them on a cd. Silly though I don't! :sad:

soundtracker
06-09-2006, 09:52 AM
I use Tractor as well, it gives me the ability to harvest mangolds!

Silver
06-09-2006, 10:12 AM
I use Tractor as well, it gives me the ability to harvest mangolds!
OOH ARGH! Hey you get orf my land! :)

I bet you've got a brand new combine harvester too! :teeth:

soundtracker
06-09-2006, 10:37 AM
No! 'ims an old un! :teeth:

Silver
14-09-2006, 05:10 PM
So............ anybody tried it yet, how'd it go, reaction?