PDA

View Full Version : Looking for speakers for hire stock

Dynamic Entertainment
22-04-2011, 03:00 PM
As the title suggests...ive had a few phone calls recently for speaker hire, and have always used my mackie SR1530Z's but they are a bit beasty.

So, whats the ideal speakers for hire stock? Either actives, or passive & amp. The usual rooms hold about 100 people, and ive found that they are nearly always going in WMC/legion type venues.

deltic
22-04-2011, 03:47 PM
steve i have some w-audio psr15a's for the hire stock find them pretty bomb proof,bit heavey but nobody is going to walk off with them.

they make cracking stage monitors as well.

other than that for the conference and speech stuff it's a few pairs of
psr8a's which to be fair have served their purpose very well.

anything else that goes out has me with it.

Dynamic Entertainment
22-04-2011, 04:23 PM
I was looking at the PSR15A's...good to know someone else uses them :)

Im in two minds as to selling the Mackies or keeping them and making a fresh purchase. The simple fact is that the Mackies are lovely speakers lol

Excalibur
22-04-2011, 07:43 PM
I was looking at the PSR15A's...good to know someone else uses them :)

Im in two minds as to selling the Mackies or keeping them and making a fresh purchase. The simple fact is that the Mackies are lovely speakers lol

I've heard the passive version. Very impressive for the money.I possess the 12" passive, Cracking cabs. Highly recommended.

Takeiteasy
23-04-2011, 01:44 PM
I think am going to go and have a listen to these PSR15a's as I've been told a few times now there very good for the money and sound better than the Mackie SRM range....

Worth a try a guess

Excalibur
23-04-2011, 02:25 PM
I think am going to go and have a listen to these PSR15a's as I've been told a few times now there very good for the money and sound better than the Mackie SRM range....

Worth a try a guess

Sound better? Side by side is the only way to test that. I will say that in my experience, the W Audio gear does exactly what it says on the tin, and doesn't cost the earth. ;)

Totally Plucked
23-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Some of the Audio Intimidation range are also quite respectable............but not the "El Naffo" bedroom Dj series !
:)

Pe7e
23-04-2011, 04:29 PM
I've owned both W Audio psr12a actives and Mackie SRM 450V2s, I still own the SRM 450V2s, the W Audio psr12a's were disposed of on ebay within a month, nuff said. Anyone who thinks they sound better, needs to take the cotton wool out of their ears, they most certainly don't. Having said that the W Audio are decent budget speakers especially considering their price range, but personally, I would not inflict them on my clients, I want them to keep returning.

Totally Plucked
23-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Oohhhhh harsh words Pe7e, I have heard the Warriors and thought they were a pretty damn fine sounding speaker !

And NO my ears are fine....................A little big maybe, but fine :D