PDA

View Full Version : Some venue comments if people have played there

NKR
27-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi all

We are spreading our wings wider this year and getting out to new venues.

Has anyone ever performed at any of the following and can provide some comments, advice or assistance.

Lodore Falls, Keswick
The North Lakes Hotel, Penrith - Main function room I guess as we are the star attraction for the party night on 25th November 2011.
Devonshire Arms, Bolton Abbey, near Skipton (yep even going across the border).

I will not doubt manage a site recon on each whilst on my travels, but its the distance they are away that makes it tricky. Any early pointers helps me plan :D

Cheers

ppentertainments
27-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Hi all

We are spreading our wings wider this year and getting out to new venues.

Has anyone ever performed at any of the following and can provide some comments, advice or assistance.

Lodore Falls, Keswick
The North Lakes Hotel, Penrith - Main function room I guess as we are the star attraction for the party night on 25th November 2011.
Devonshire Arms, Bolton Abbey, near Skipton (yep even going across the border).

I will not doubt manage a site recon on each whilst on my travels, but its the distance they are away that makes it tricky. Any early pointers helps me plan :D

Cheers

I used to be manager at Lodore Falls in Keswick, well Borrowdale actually, about 12 years ago. Now owned by a small hotel chain (know the owners well). Come to think of it I know the assistant manager there still.

Can't really think of anything out the ordinary. Easy access although fairly open planned (unless changed). Hope your used to country roads as the road from Keswick can be very busy, and fast, but quite narrow in places.

Any specific concerns you have ???

NKR
27-04-2011, 08:39 PM
I used to be manager at Lodore Falls in Keswick, well Borrowdale actually, about 12 years ago. Now owned by a small hotel chain (know the owners well). Come to think of it I know the assistant manager there still.

Can't really think of anything out the ordinary. Easy access although fairly open planned (unless changed). Hope your used to country roads as the road from Keswick can be very busy, and fast, but quite narrow in places.

Any specific concerns you have ???

Nope just getting a fully loaded shogun with a 13ft twin axle trailer down there.
The road won't be very fast with me on it and I won't be backing up with a trailer on. I will leave some additional time for rows with oncoming traffic.:D

Whats the unload area like. That can be a nightmare for us on occassions.

ppentertainments
27-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Nope just getting a fully loaded shogun with a 13ft twin axle trailer down there.
The road won't be very fast with me on it and I won't be backing up with a trailer on. I will leave some additional time for rows with oncoming traffic.:D

Whats the unload area like. That can be a nightmare for us on occassions.
You can unload right outside the function room. They have had a massive refurbishment since I lived there but can't see too much changing.

I wish you luck with the road if you meet a bus :D :D

Warning : if travelling on a bank holiday can easily take over an hour to get from Keswick to the hotel :( I should know as had a pregnant wife with cravings and our nearest shop was in keswick :daft:

flatliners
27-04-2011, 08:59 PM
I am sure Andy Neen ( Deltic ) might be of assistance he lives near Penrith

NKR
28-04-2011, 03:50 PM
I am sure Andy Neen ( Deltic ) might be of assistance he lives near Penrith

Fab as got this big Buble night thing in November and its always good to get tips from people who have worked the venues.