PDA

View Full Version : Adult Party Games

Charlie Brown
09-05-2011, 07:44 PM
I have just returned from a brief meeting.

Brilliant guy with a lovely home. He is a camera man for the BBC. He is forty in June and would like some chill out music early on whilst people eat, drink and mingle but from 9.00pm onwards he would like me to 'host' a few games for the adults. He reckons 35 people will stay from 9.00pm to the early hours.

I'm stuck so any suggestions would be grand.

I bet Martin will be able to give me some ideas?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the constant questions. :o

Excalibur
09-05-2011, 07:52 PM

Never apologise for asking questions. ;)

Re the request: Charlie, I've posted a helpful pic below. ;) :D :D

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=23555&highlight=adult+party+games

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4750&highlight=adult

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=23058&highlight=adult+party+games

Bit of light reading there Charlie. The search facility is a wonderful thing. ;) ;) ;)

Cowlinn
09-05-2011, 08:09 PM
I have just returned from a brief meeting.

Brilliant guy with a lovely home. He is a camera man for the BBC. He is forty in June and would like some chill out music early on whilst people eat, drink and mingle but from 9.00pm onwards he would like me to 'host' a few games for the adults. He reckons 35 people will stay from 9.00pm to the early hours.

I'm stuck so any suggestions would be grand.

I bet Martin will be able to give me some ideas?

Depends how "adult" you want them :o

I'd have thought they would need a good few drinks before they start playing musical chairs :D

Shakermaker Promotions
09-05-2011, 08:14 PM
I did an end of season Cricket gig last year for Hampshire and they had a game before Dinner that I can't remember. It was pretty good, quick and was for charity. It was something like everyone putting £1.00 into the pot before they started and then they had to do either heads or tails or something?

Sorry, I know that's not a good comment. I will try and remember it and come back to you unless anyone else has seen it before and can tell you.

Excalibur
09-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Depends how "adult" you want them :o

I'd have thought they would need a good few drinks before they start playing musical chairs :D
Alcohol can certainly help. It's not vital though.

ppentertainments
09-05-2011, 08:17 PM
I did an end of season Cricket gig last year for Hampshire and they had a game before Dinner that I can't remember. It was pretty good, quick and was for charity. It was something like everyone putting £1.00 into the pot before they started and then they had to do either heads or tails or something?

Sorry, I know that's not a good comment. I will try and remember it and come back to you unless anyone else has seen it before and can tell you.
Everyone puts their hands either on their heads or tail (arse for any commoners :p ). You flick a coin and if it lands on heads all those with hands on heads are out, tails likewise.

Is that it ??? If not still a great game to make a quick few quid for charity.

Shakermaker Promotions
09-05-2011, 08:51 PM
That's the one!
You could adapt that to make it more 'adult' or X-rated.

djtrev
09-05-2011, 09:07 PM
If you do the heads and tails game it makes a change if you ask an either or question.

Takeiteasy
09-05-2011, 09:12 PM
The pictures of this event could turn out quite fun ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Whatever you do, you need to be super confident on the mic and be very persuasive.

A nice little drinking game for you...

When people have had a drinky or two (particularly men), they think they can drink others under the table and do it quickly, so ask for volunteers for a drinking game. All you need is a round table and halves of lager.

Get the volunteers positioned round the table. At this point they will be thinking that drinking half a lager is an easy game. Then get them to take off a shoe and a sock, then place the sock over the half of lager. They'll be thinking how horrible it will be to drink half a lager through their own sock, until you tell them to move round the table to the next half of lager and someone elses sock...

Horrible? Yes, when sober. People will do it though and laugh too.

ppentertainments
09-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Whatever you do, you need to be super confident on the mic and be very persuasive.

Thats the secret, tbh the actual game is relatively unimportant - it is how its presented ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Thats the secret, tbh the actual game is relatively unimportant - it is how its presented ;)

Agreed.

Excalibur
09-05-2011, 09:20 PM

A nice little drinking game for you...

When people have had a drinky or two (particularly men), they think they can drink others under the table and do it quickly, so ask for volunteers for a drinking game. All you need is a round table and halves of lager.

Get the volunteers positioned round the table. At this point they will be thinking that drinking half a lager is an easy game. Then get them to take off a shoe and a sock, then place the sock over the half of lager. They'll be thinking how horrible it will be to drink half a lager through their own sock, until you tell them to move round the table to the next half of lager and someone elses sock...

Horrible? Yes, when sober. People will do it though and laugh too.
Seen that one. ;) Wasn't allowed to partake. Missed a free :beer1: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Takeiteasy
09-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Never would you get me doing that lol

Shakermaker Promotions
09-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Totally agree. Most of the games are absolutely stupid but if you can make them look better than they are and encourage people to actually want to participate then it's job done!

EDIT - Sorry, didn't 'totally agree' with the comment above.

Larry B Entertainment
09-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Theres always the Teapot Game :D

Charlie Brown
09-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Thank you very much. Mic skill - there's nothing I can do about that now, is there? I'll either mess it up or do a good job?

I'm going to forward these ideas to him. I want to send him links to the threads but then he'll see my age, how much of a Muppet I am and cancel tomorrow morning. :sj:

Excalibur
09-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Thank you very much. Mic skill - there's nothing I can do about that now, is there? I'll either mess it up or do a good job?

I'm going to forward these ideas to him. I want to send him links to the threads but then he'll see my age, how much of a Muppet I am and cancel tomorrow morning. :sj:

Charlie, just pick the games you fancy, and type 'em up in a Word document. ;)

Nexus
09-05-2011, 10:13 PM
That's the one!
You could adapt that to make it more 'adult' or X-rated.

Ask them to put their hands on somebody elses head or tail?

Charlie Brown
09-05-2011, 10:14 PM
Peter, that's very wise. :lol: