PDA

View Full Version : Disco Equipment Prices

Megamix
14-05-2011, 10:08 AM
My mate (after 'retiring' and selling off his old gear a couple of years ago) managed to buy a whole brand new disco for £1225 yesterday.

reasonable quality items - LED KAM lighting, Thumps, speaker stands, Numark CDMix2, 4' stand, star cloth

Admittedly for it's only for smaller venues but as I paid £1400 for second hand gear in the late 90s I wonder if we are getting to the point where the NEW set up costs are so reasonable now it's the most sensible option to consider?

Samuel Anthony Discos
14-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Sounds like the price that stuff would of cost new?

In fact, more than what it would of cost new.

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Why is this in reviews for?

Megamix
14-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Why is this in reviews for?
because I thought this should belonged under equipment discussion section - but I guess that was now incorrect

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-05-2011, 11:50 AM
because I thought this should belonged under equipment discussion section - but I guess that was now incorrect

Moved. :)

DeckstarDeluxe
14-05-2011, 11:51 AM
If you have prior experience to discos then buying kit again is going to be fairly cheap, its all the rubbish we buy first time round that costs so much.

Megamix
14-05-2011, 11:51 AM
thanks for moving this

Dynamic Entertainment
14-05-2011, 11:56 AM
If you have prior experience to discos then buying kit again is going to be fairly cheap, its all the rubbish we buy first time round that costs so much.

Completely agree Neil.

Im now 100% (ish) happy with my soundsystem...but looking back, I could have afforded to buy it 3 times over as I took small steps upgrading :o

Excalibur
14-05-2011, 02:54 PM
My mate (after 'retiring' and selling off his old gear a couple of years ago) managed to buy a whole brand new disco for £1225 yesterday.

reasonable quality items - LED KAM lighting, Thumps, speaker stands, Numark CDMix2, 4' stand, star cloth

Admittedly for it's only for smaller venues but as I paid £1400 for second hand gear in the late 90s I wonder if we are getting to the point where the NEW set up costs are so reasonable now it's the most sensible option to consider?

Sounds like the price that stuff would of cost new?

I'm guessing that the liberal use of the word "New" in the OP, implies perhaps that it cost that much because it actually is new? :whistle:

Samuel Anthony Discos
14-05-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm guessing that the liberal use of the word "New" in the OP, implies perhaps that it cost that much because it actually is new? :whistle:

Well spotted :p