PDA

View Full Version : Customer meet - ups

Chris G
15-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Just wondering if people on here charge extra if potential clients want to meet up to discuss your services.
Also if the event is over a year down the line how would this affect your pricing?
I use an auto - quote function on my site but this reflects prices I want to charge this year.

hammy
15-05-2011, 09:00 AM
No No No NO charge.
Think of vat and such price rises a year down the line

Nexus
15-05-2011, 09:41 AM
I've never charged for a customer meet up though I can understand why those with a busier schedule might. I hope its one of the things that might persuade them to book me.

surround sounds
15-05-2011, 09:46 AM
If its local within 30 mins no charge.Over that yes i do charge althou if they have already booked me and they want a meeting thats fine cause normally its in there package price.

Davy
15-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I offer to meet before quoting so no charge.

Face to face I can sell myself better, get a contract signed and take a deposit so there's no shopping around for a better price.

100% conversion rate on face to face meetings and most have taken additional services.

I also say that by booking in advance they pay this years prices and have a contract confirming this.

yourdj
15-05-2011, 11:44 AM
all included in the package pricing.
I generally insist on a meeting for every event (at the venue or on neutral ground). :)

Paul The Party Dj
15-05-2011, 11:45 AM
I'll meet anyone free before they book.
I'll then meet with them again as many times as they want - the more time we spend together the happier I am - my fees allow for this and I'm full time. If distance is an issue I recommend Skype.

Jason
15-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I'll meet anyone free before they book.
I'll then meet with them again as many times as they want - the more time we spend together the happier I am - my fees allow for this and I'm full time. If distance is an issue I recommend Skype.

I'm similar to Paul - meet if possible before they book. I encourage this, and it works well.
I don't have percentages to hand, but conversion is very very high - I've lost 2 in the last 3 years - one wanted to see me play (no possible), then other wanted a full-timer.

My charges allow for this, and the meeting is classed as cost of sale. I don't normally meet for children's parties, but otherwise meet for most normal paying gigs.

To avoid problems with people saying "outside our budget", I normally provide a budgetary quote once we've spoken on the phone. If nothing changes, then this price normally stands.

We then meet up, and during the chat we discuss the timing, and any other requirements (wireless mics, background music, uplighting), but also keep it fairly relaxed with asking about them as a couple.

We do dress smartly, and provide a basic info pack (so quote, terms, pli+pat, and Wedding Brochure if applicable)
This is in a nice wallet, so has a small cost, but does give a better image, and something for them to read rather than an email-only PDF.

Jason