PDA

View Full Version : RCF Vs DB Technologies. Owners your thoughts

Creature
18-05-2011, 01:09 PM
As title says, I am thinking maybe of upgrading part of my rig. But moving away from Peavey is a possabilty.

So I am after feedback of djs who own the following RCF Vs DB Technologies. speakers.

I am looking for good and bad comments on these speakers - BUT ONLY INTERESTED in owners of them - I dont want a slagging match or I have heard or I know of a Mate/DJ who says...........................

I want to know the which owners think is the ‘better’ product the RCF Art 712A Active speakers with the RCF Art 905A Subs or the DB Technologies Opera 602 D with the Sub15D.

Shaun
18-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Hard to comment as to which is better as I've never seen the Operas and DB sub in action.

I own RCF Art 715A's and RCF Art 905A's and I really like them. I don't have any experience of the 712's, sorry.

surround sounds
18-05-2011, 01:18 PM
I have them 2 types of Rcf Speakers.I upgraded from the jbl eons.I find the tops really light, Thats why i like them.The subs are excellent and i can lift them by myself..My Mate used to have the Db Speakers but he as just brought the rcf's and he is excited cause he is using them this weekend for the first time..I do think the rcf's sound travel's further thou

funkymook
18-05-2011, 01:32 PM
It's a very restrictive poll as it relies on people having owned/used both systems.

Twinspin
18-05-2011, 02:04 PM
I have heard the opera 602d no first hand experience using them just like the RCF 7 Series cabs.

But i have heard them both. The DB Techologies cabs dont get me wrong they are a good sounding speaker they would probably be the speaker id go as a 2nd choice.

Whilst DB Technologies are lovely speakers. I prefer after hearing them both the RCF 7 Series with the art905's they are fantastic. Will get some some serious power from those with first class sound quality.

What i will say is... listen to the advice on here. I would have a listen to them though before you make a decision see what you think. To my ears its the RCF.