PDA

View Full Version : Different Packages

Chris G
21-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Bearing in mind the current economic situation and people increasingly looking for the cheapest option when hiring a Disco I was wondering if members of this forum offered different packages to customers when quoting.
For instance this could be a Silver or Gold Lighting package.
The Silver being something that could be set up very quickly - A Parbar on a Tripod type arrangement perhaps with one additional light and the Gold package being something that would take significantly longer to set up -
Goalpost or Trussing with for instance a couple of Scanners or Moving Heads and a Laser/Centrepiece Lighting effect.
Because of the time savings set-up wise maybe the Disco operator would consider accepting a lower price with the Silver package and this would hopefully enable more business to be won.

Dynamic Entertainment
21-05-2011, 07:02 PM
I used to do this, until customers started specifying the lower packages, which really aren't suitable tor the venue. I now have one 'disco' and charge accordingly.

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-05-2011, 11:24 AM
I don't subscribe to a one size fits all package.

People wouldn't have a clue what you're on about anyway if you started to tell them about parbars and scanners etc.

wensleydale
22-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Agree with the above- I quote per job based on location, venue, requirements etc.
I dont understand the two or three sizes fits all approach- parking, unloading, equipment and prep can all vary significantly from event to event and therefore I quote accordingly.

Also agree that clients dont really know about different types of lights, but that a "we will bring a sound/light show suitable for your venue and requirements" is generally what people want to hear.

ppentertainments
22-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Agree with the above- I quote per job based on location, venue, requirements etc.
I dont understand the two or three sizes fits all approach- parking, unloading, equipment and prep can all vary significantly from event to event and therefore I quote accordingly.

Also agree that clients dont really know about different types of lights, but that a "we will bring a sound/light show suitable for your venue and requirements" is generally what people want to hear.

Agree also - although generaly speaking most booking fall into 3/4 price brackets