PDA

View Full Version : Emptying a bubble king!

cjd
22-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi there!

I seem to be reading these forums a lot more than posting, but I have a question for anyone who has a Chauvet bubble king... how do you empty it?

I end up having to get my helper to hold the top casing up while i carefully carry the stupidly flimsy tray outside, then try and tip it back into the bottle through a funnel (and of course loads goes on the floor because there's no lip).

Any ideas? :p

axeman
23-05-2011, 10:45 AM
i have a similar problem, and sometimes use a large glass to catch the fluid from the machines tray, then it's easier to pour back into the bottle but it isn't perfect.

Vectis
23-05-2011, 03:31 PM
1. Take a couple of old teatowels with you. Negates the need to head outside when decanting fluid. Note - if you DO spill fluid on the teatowel, rinse it by hand, don't stick it in the washing machine unless you intend washing your kitchen floor at the same time :D

2. Get better at estimating the amount of fluid you're going to need through the course of the evening. It sounds like you have FAR too much left over... otherwise the tray wouldn't be so floppy :o

3. On one (or maybe both - it's been a while) of each of the front corners, there's a small cutout about 10mm wide and 3mm deep which serves reasonably well as a spout if you're gentle.

4. Get a length of dowel (or similar), measure and cut to make a 'prop' for the hinged lid. Think car bonnet. Turns a 2-man job into a 1-man job.

5. Teatowel is also handy for giving the whole thing a good wipe down after use to prevent rusting and what can best be described as 'snot' buildup.

I ran one of these for about 3 years and never once needed a funnel or to head outside with it :confused: Couple of old cloths, catch any drips, sorted :beer1:

Matty12
23-05-2011, 06:09 PM
1. Take a couple of old teatowels with you.

2. Tilt the bubble machine and poor it into a funnel.

3. Buy one of these (Its stops it spilling) http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/sp-2-11901-105652-sealey-funnel-large-250mm.asp

Simples.....;)

Matt.:approve: