phase1djstore
05-06-2011, 12:41 PM
you know the drill

YouTube - ‪numark dj2go @ phase one dj store‬‏

more info :

http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/search.asp?search=dj2go&searchsubmit=Go

DiscoPromotions
05-06-2011, 12:58 PM
£50, I like it something small and light for basic event.

On the flip side to this £60 Sid dream have come true.

Shakermaker Promotions
05-06-2011, 01:03 PM
I think personally, if you aren't a gear snob etc etc...this is a great little bit of kit and for the price...well, you may aswell get one so you have backup.

Question....In the video you were using a button to browse the folders. Are there any other search options on there? What I mean is, silly question really but can you search using the keyboard on the laptop too?

Also and I am not sure how these controllers work etc etc but...I use VDJ as a backup system whenever I DJ. I have a lead going from my headphone socket to an input on the mixer. I am told that this isn't stereo?

If I were to get one of these (which I probably will at that price)...would it be set up as in the video and still go through a channel on my mixer and would it still not be stereo?

Sorry, when it comes to controllers etc....I know nothing!

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-06-2011, 01:25 PM
I used one last night. For the money, it's a great little bit of kit. I found one or two of the buttons a little unresponsive though - I had to press quite hard to load a track, though that only seemed to be on the right hand deck.

Here's a piccy of it last night.

Shakermaker Promotions
05-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Phase1 - Do you have these in stock?
Can you let me know please.

Booche
05-06-2011, 04:15 PM
I used one last night. For the money, it's a great little bit of kit. I found one or two of the buttons a little unresponsive though - I had to press quite hard to load a track, though that only seemed to be on the right hand deck.

Here's a piccy of it last night.

And you didn't have a backup one Darren im really :eek:ed at you :sofa:

Looking good tho mate, might have to have a looksy at that :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-06-2011, 10:48 AM
And you didn't have a backup one Darren

Well, I didn't consider that I really needed a back up controller for a netbook, but as they are only 50 quid, I thought it was worth it!

djdave01
06-06-2011, 10:49 AM
interesting for backup use, might order one if the mrs lets me lol

Booche
06-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Shame they are not rack mountable as i think that would be a space saver aswell

With Dave on this and might ask the misses lol :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Shame they are not rack mountable as i think that would be a space saver aswell

I thought that, but they are quite small and fit anywhere you have a space. For storage, mine goes in the netbook case.

Shakermaker Promotions
06-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Just ordered one and it should be here tomorrow. Thanks to Phase1 for excellent service again.

yourdj
06-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Looks great for traveling abroad with a netbook/macbook air. Would fit in hand luggage.
I am thinking of traveling at some point staying in nice plush hotels and paying for it by Djing While my girlfriend can work in the kids clubs :D

Darren - would you recommend this over an ipad and DJAY as back up as I am considering selling my netbook and getting an ipad?

Do you think Mike had a real client at the end of that or got the camera man too call him :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Darren - would you recommend this over an ipad and DJAY as back up as I am considering selling my netbook and getting an ipad?

What software are you going to use it with?

yourdj
06-06-2011, 11:44 AM
What software are you going to use it with?

VDJ if I must. can it be used with anything else? Traktor two may be an option. I guess Itch is out of the question :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-06-2011, 12:05 PM
VDJ if I must. can it be used with anything else? Traktor two may be an option. I guess Itch is out of the question :confused:

Actually, ignore me...

You get Virtual DJ LE with the controller anyway - I was thinking you'd have to be buying software too.

Of the 2, I would go for the netbook and controller. Definitely easier to search and much more functional than the Ipad and DJay.

Spirits High
06-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Just ordered one and it should be here tomorrow. Thanks to Phase1 for excellent service again.

+ 1 from me aswell, apparently selling like hot cakes.

Bought as back up but also for me to have a good play around with VDJ as I'm thinking of going down that side of things ;)

yourdj
06-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Actually, ignore me...

You get Virtual DJ LE with the controller anyway - I was thinking you'd have to be buying software too.

Of the 2, I would go for the netbook and controller. Definitely easier to search and much more functional than the Ipad and DJay.

I would have thought the DJAY is good. the version on my mac is excellent. Is it more difficult on touch screen? I hate windows and generally never use the netbook, so the ipad is preferable for client meetings and portable hardware so I will not need the mac when out and about. :confused:

i do all my playlists on Itunes so that should help with DJAY I assume?

+ 1 from me aswell, apparently selling like hot cakes.

Bought as back up but also for me to have a good play around with VDJ as I'm thinking of going down that side of things ;)

great as it is good for new DJ's and good as back up due to size and functionality.

I just cannot get the hang of VDJ as it does not cut it against Itch and Tractor 2, due to the better visualization of the waveforms.

Does anyone know of a cheap Itch controller that does not need mapping? Bit like the Kam digi. Closest I can find is the vestax 100.

Shakermaker Promotions
06-06-2011, 01:35 PM
I like the look of it to be honest and I think for the silly price that it is, it is well worth having as a little backup system. I use VDJ as backup anyway (haven't had to use it as yet but it's good for reminding me of tracks when my mind has gone blank).

One of the things that I don't like is having VDJ and not being able to control it other than my finger on the mouse pad. Yes, I could hook it up to the Denon and I have done but this DJ2Go looks so simple. I like doing mixes for my podcasts and sometimes I can't do exactly what I want to do because of the finger and mouse pad thing. At least this way I can do them a bit better and also....lastly (sorry)....I never practice at home because I tend not to get my system out unless I am updating the library. This is so small that it can sit on my desk connected to the laptop and I can have a go at some mixes whenever I want.

Yes, it's simple....yes, it looks basic but I don't think it's pretending to be something it isn't and it looks like it will do the job without all the bells and whistles added on.

yourdj
06-06-2011, 03:20 PM
do you have to have those headphones then a thats an added cost.
I have to say with that skin it looks allot easier than the VDJ i have.

Do you think this would work with DJAY on mac?

Thought I would post a pic of it:

http://www.musicmatter.co.uk/media/catalog/product/n/u/numark_dj2go_pc_1.jpg

Just spotted this too (feel free to edit this if you do not sell it phase one):

http://www.alfelectronics.co.uk/ekmps/shops/alfelectronics/images/numark-idj-live-dj-software-controller-for-ipad-iphone-or-ipod-%5B2%5D-9822-p.jpg

YouTube - ‪Numark iDJ Live (NAMM 2011)‬‏

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-06-2011, 03:57 PM
For those that have bought one of these controllers, are all the buttons working properly. I have noticed that the right hand load button needs to be stabbed rather than pressed, otherwise the songs don't load. Anyone else noticed this?

Shakermaker Promotions
06-06-2011, 04:41 PM
I'll let you know tomorrow.

funksoulbrother
06-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Toby,

Have a look at the Numark website, they are showing another new product called Mixdeck Quad, which seems to answer all your questions regarding DJAY and Traktor. Not sure if it's launched in the UK yet, but it does look nice, 4 channel mixer utilising the iPad. :)

yourdj
06-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Toby,

Have a look at the Numark website, they are showing another new product called Mixdeck Quad, which seems to answer all your questions regarding DJAY and Traktor. Not sure if it's launched in the UK yet, but it does look nice, 4 channel mixer utilising the iPad. :)

Cheers, ;)

at £800 its a little expensive and large for back up unfortunately, but would fit the bill for back up as it utilises allot of functions including CD and memory stick.

I would ideally like something like product mentioned as it stores very well and is operational in seconds. :)
I wonder of the vci 300 may work with the ipad? It is mapped for DJAY on mac and works perfectly.

http://www.production-room.com/gfx/news/large/numark-mixdeck-quad.jpg

DJ Tony McQue
06-06-2011, 08:05 PM
The dj2go comes highly recommended by me, really fun little controller. The default Virtual DJ mapping was a bit scratch happy so I edited it. I have also created a Traktor mapping, the volume controls make perfect filter controls.

Can't say I have had any problems with sticky buttons, my controller doesn't quite sit flat but I tend to rest my controller on bizarre surfaces anyway.

yourdj
06-06-2011, 08:41 PM
The dj2go comes highly recommended by me, really fun little controller. The default Virtual DJ mapping was a bit scratch happy so I edited it. I have also created a Traktor mapping, the volume controls make perfect filter controls.

Can't say I have had any problems with sticky buttons, my controller doesn't quite sit flat but I tend to rest my controller on bizarre surfaces anyway.

could it be done for Serato Itch or DJAY?

DJ Tony McQue
06-06-2011, 08:47 PM
could it be done for Serato Itch or DJAY?

I have never used either so I am not quite sure. I am pretty sure itch is just designed to work with specific controllers.

You can pick Traktor Pro up for peanuts, the upgrade route if you own and LE copy works out at about £40 or it did when I bought into it.

yourdj
06-06-2011, 09:08 PM
I have never used either so I am not quite sure. I am pretty sure itch is just designed to work with specific controllers.

You can pick Traktor Pro up for peanuts, the upgrade route if you own and LE copy works out at about £40 or it did when I bought into it.

i Have traktor but have only really been impressed with the second version.

do you need these special headphones if you get this controller?

phase1djstore
07-06-2011, 05:44 AM
These things are selling like nothing else at the mo. i will need to sell an awful lot to pay the staff wages this week though lol.

as for sticky buttons..i have noticed the load button , works better stabbed, rather than a long press( hope this makes sense) i was struggling at first , but now no problem at all . it really is a cracking little controller , i am very happy with this product .

yourdj
07-06-2011, 06:59 AM
These things are selling like nothing else at the mo. i will need to sell an awful lot to pay the staff wages this week though lol.

as for sticky buttons..i have noticed the load button , works better stabbed, rather than a long press( hope this makes sense) i was struggling at first , but now no problem at all . it really is a cracking little controller , i am very happy with this product .

oi tink I will stick to my netbook and get one as the Ipad is still hovering about £350 ish. do you need the headphones for this product too? :)

DJ Tony McQue
07-06-2011, 07:41 AM
do you need these special headphones if you get this controller?

No, I use mine with an external souncard and mixer. If you didn't want to use a proper mixer and don't have a dual output soundcard then you would need headphones.

Charlie Brown
07-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Sorry,

I'm confused.

Does it come with the software?

DJ Tony McQue
07-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Sorry,

I'm confused.

Yes, it comes with Virtual DJ LE. If you already own the full version of Virtual DJ, it will work with that too once you have downloaded ther latest version. It also works with Traktor Pro once you have created a mapping for it. :beer1:

Spirits High
07-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Sorry,

I'm confused.

I take it you haven't watched the video then? 53 seconds in "Comes with it's on software, Virtual DJ limited edition" or read Darren's post?

Actually, ignore me...

So to answer your question "Yes" it does :p ;)

Charlie Brown
07-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks guys. :o

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-06-2011, 09:11 AM
as for sticky buttons..i have noticed the load button , works better stabbed, rather than a long press( hope this makes sense)

It does to me, but surely you should be able to just press it really?

Booche
07-06-2011, 09:15 AM
as for sticky buttons..i have noticed the load button , works better stabbed, rather than a long press( hope this makes sense) i was struggling at first , but now no problem at all.

Hmmm starting to make me think twice now, surely it shouldn't be like that ?

I know people say you get what you pay for etc but if it's sticky/hard to press etc surely thats classed as a fault ?

yourdj
07-06-2011, 09:17 AM

I know people say you get what you pay for etc but if it's sticky/hard to press etc surely thats classed as a fault ?

I am looking at one of these. what do you think? Had a look at one at BPM but cannot remember what it was like. Its not that much more and has allot of features.

http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodmed/3353.jpg

Its the same price as the dj2go and headphone package. I do like the dj2go though. pretty smart unit and very small :)

http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodmed/3609.jpg

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-06-2011, 09:19 AM

You can also use the entert button and that seems to work fine.

I am looking at one of these. what do you think? Had a look at one at BPM but cannot remember what it was like. Its not that much more and has allot of features.

http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodmed/3353.jpg

I know the link is from Phase One, but you are going slightly off topic Toby. Please start a new thread. Thanks.

Spirits High
07-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Guys, can we keep this on topic.

It is afterall Phase One's section so please don't fill with off topic stuff.

Toby, I've left your post on as Phase One do sell these aswell ;)

Booche
07-06-2011, 09:25 AM
You can also use the entert button and that seems to work fine.

BUT why should you have to (well not have to) use a different button when there is a button specifically made for the purpose ?

Will hold off buying one till i have a go/look/play around with a certain persons when he gets his and pops down :P

Steve the DJ
07-06-2011, 09:30 AM
I had a little touchy feel of Darren's last night (oo-er!) and it's a nice idea, feels reasonably sturdy and worked well with VDJ that he uses.

To be a total back up it would be nice if it had a Mic input but it's not a deal breaker.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-06-2011, 09:52 AM
To be a total back up it would be nice if it had a Mic input but it's not a deal breaker.

Why though? It's a USB controller, not a mixer.

Steve the DJ
07-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Why though? It's a USB controller, not a mixer.

Perhaps I should have included the words "for me".

I'm just saying I would love to see something of a similar size which could be a total back up, e.g. includes USB control, mini mixer and a mic input.

Mark Wild
07-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Cheap plastic rubbish you win playing hook-a-duck at the fair. Will do for back up I suppose.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Cheap plastic rubbish you win playing hook-a-duck at the fair. Will do for back up I suppose.

Have you tried one then?

Mark Wild
07-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Have you tried one then?

Yeah

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Yeah

So you bought one then? :p

Mark Wild
07-06-2011, 10:21 AM
So you bought one then? :p

No, another mug I know did :lol:

DJ Paulie
07-06-2011, 10:35 AM
if I wasn't retiring after new year I might have got one of these to use with my 00DJ. If I come into a spare bob might still get one to play with !

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-06-2011, 10:41 AM
No, another mug I know did :lol:

So stop writing them off then if you haven't used one you mug. :lol:

Shakermaker Promotions
07-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Been mucking around with this now for about an hour and it's dead simple, pretty sturdy and a great little addition.
No sticky buttons here as yet (unless I spill my Red Bull over it) and I am amazed at just how much easier it is using a controller with the laptop rather than my finger!

This will go as backup now but also come in handy for my Podcast mixes. Nice one.

Spirits High
07-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Can't fault Phase One for the delivery. Ordered yesterday 4pm arrived today 1pm :)

Now it's time to break it out of it's packaging and play :D :D

Shakermaker Promotions
07-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Enjoy!

I have a bit of dilemma though....nothing too bad and I am sure it can get sorted. The LE Lite is fine for doing what I want to do. I have VDJ installed aswell anyway but it won't work with that? I can't upgrade to 7 as I have lost my details somewhere along the line. I cleared out a load of stuff a few weeks back and I think I may have trashed the box, manual and details.

D'oh!

Booche
07-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Can't fault Phase One for the delivery. Ordered yesterday 4pm arrived today 1pm :)

Now it's time to break it out of it's packaging and play :D :D

Thought i heard my door being knocked on :sofa: lol

Shaun
07-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Does this have a headphone input, or does it have to be used with usb headphones?

Mark Wild
07-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Does this have a headphone input, or does it have to be used with usb headphones?

usb only Shaun

Spirits High
07-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Thought i heard my door being knocked on :sofa: lol

Chill man, been a manic afternoon :D

Booche
07-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Chill man, been a manic afternoon :D

lol no worries hope its worth the wait :P

Shaun
07-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Thanks Mark.

Charlie Brown
07-06-2011, 02:59 PM
No sticky buttons here as yet (unless I spill my Red Bull over it) and I am amazed at just how much easier it is using a controller with the laptop rather than my finger!

I'll give it the...

'pour gallons of beer over it test' and let you know. ;)

Shakermaker Promotions
07-06-2011, 03:10 PM
What would you be doing with beer Charlie? You're underage remember! ;)

Back on topic anyone?

Spirits High
07-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Well, after a bit of tech support from Dave (my laptop has never been on the net and didn't have the right Service pack so it wouldn't install) I've installed it on my desktop and I must say does exactly what is says on the tin ;)

As I'm going to VDJ in the near future I've downloaded the free Home version and it controls that really well. But only for 10minutes!

Happy overall. For the price it's spot on and will become the designated "back up" in the very near future :)

Booche
07-06-2011, 05:19 PM
As I'm going to VDJ in the near future I've downloaded the free Home version and it controls that really well. But only for 10minutes!

:eek: Why only 10minutes ???

yourdj
07-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Had a look at one in the flesh today and went for a previously mentioned option that I am not allowed to talk about instead - just by personal preference.

funkymook
07-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Had a look at one in the flesh today and went for a previously mentioned option that I am not allowed to talk about instead - just by personal preference.

You're allowed to talk about/review it Toby - just start your own thread in the relevant section.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-06-2011, 06:17 PM
You're allowed to talk about/review it Toby - just start your own thread in the relevant section.

Good lord, another person with half a brain. :thumbsup: :D

simonp
08-06-2011, 01:05 PM

Can you email your TSI for traktor mate - I'll be ordering a DJ2go too as at the moment I've got the Numark IDJ3 as a back up running VDJ. However, this new little gizmo can do that (binning the need to have the IDJ3 under the console) and then the dj2go can double up in my office to control TP2 instead of using the S4 or using the keyboard - more desk space = nice :D

yourdj
08-06-2011, 01:09 PM

I will do just that when it arrives :)
I thought my Vestax VCI 300 was a bit fisher price compared to more modern equivalents
but these cheap controllers are pretty flimsy so looking forward to trying the functionality which lets face it I am not too hopeful about.

Good lord, another person with half a brain. :thumbsup: :D

So your saying you only have half a brain ;) :)
Which half is missing?

Shakermaker Promotions
08-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Toby - The DJ2Go is very simple and as I said, it doesn't claim to be the Dogs Doo Dah's. It is what it is, simple as that. It does the job at the end of the day for basics. It does what I want it to do and that's sit there and be a back up system that is easy to jump straight on.

If you want lots of fancy knobs and effects etc then this isn't for you. If you want something else because it doesn't have Numark printed on it, then it's obviously not for you. At £50.00...well, it's great for what it is.

yourdj
08-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Toby - The DJ2Go is very simple and as I said, it doesn't claim to be the Dogs Doo Dah's. It is what it is, simple as that. It does the job at the end of the day for basics. It does what I want it to do and that's sit there and be a back up system that is easy to jump straight on.

If you want lots of fancy knobs and effects etc then this isn't for you. If you want something else because it doesn't have Numark printed on it, then it's obviously not for you. At £50.00...well, it's great for what it is.

i know i have already acknowledged that at the start and I think its a great device for the price and the space it takes up :confused:
It also bridges the budget market for bedroom dj's and poor people ;) and the budget back up market for pros.
In an ideal world I would have another mac and VCI but I cannot afford it.

I decided to go for another option mainly because it has a built in sound card and it was almost half price from a
dealer (removed from box once) - no brainer really. I could probably sell it again at a profit :D

I would probably have got the numark otherwise for £50. I was just saying how the technology has advance so much in the last few years.

I think the last post has been taken out of context.

Shakermaker Promotions
08-06-2011, 01:21 PM
What? Your last post?
You mentioned that the latest controllers are 'flimsy'....I took it that you meant this one too? Well, I don't think it is 'flimsy' but then again, I have never used controllers. This is pretty sturdy in my opinion. The crossfader is very sensitive (slides really well) but overall it looks fine to me.

yourdj
08-06-2011, 01:27 PM
What? Your last post?
You mentioned that the latest controllers are 'flimsy'....I took it that you meant this one too? Well, I don't think it is 'flimsy' but then again, I have never used controllers. This is pretty sturdy in my opinion. The crossfader is very sensitive (slides really well) but overall it looks fine to me.

As i said what i meant was they look very fisher price but still function well for the job and the price which is good. :) capish?

funkymook
08-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Remember you are posting in Phase One's Advertising section - please don't start debating, quibbling or going off topic.

Shakermaker Promotions
08-06-2011, 01:29 PM
But I don't really understand what you mean Toby....What does it matter how it looks? I personally don't think it looks Fisher Price at all but yes, it is very basic looking. At the end of the day, who is going to see it and if they do, do you think it really matters if it does the job? Dare I mention 'Gear Snobbery' again....well, yes, I just did.

Shakermaker Promotions
08-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Funky - I'm not arguing at all mate. If anything I am fighting the little DJ2Go's corner and explaining why it is worth purchasing. Add to that the fact that I ordered it and it was here (as promised) the next day which means excellent service (again!) from Phase One.

yourdj
08-06-2011, 01:39 PM
As he said no more debates but I will just add all my big ups about this product.
There is no doubt that a metal one will last longer but as I have said a million times for the price this is excellent .

I do like the dj2go though. pretty smart unit and very small :)

Looks great for traveling abroad with a netbook/macbook air. Would fit in hand luggage.

great as it is good for new DJ's and good as back up due to size and functionality.

It also bridges the budget market for bedroom dj's and poor people ;) and the budget back up market for pros.
I would probably have got the numark otherwise for £50. I was just saying how the technology has advance so much in the last few years.

katman
30-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Looks interesting even though I already have a Hercules controller for VDJ. I like the fact that the USB cable enters from the side.

Could someone who has one please let me know the dimensions as it looks like it would be pretty easy to make some custom metalwork to rack mount it but I am wondering if it would squeeze into 2U or if it would have to be a 3U panel. Im guessing its nowhere near 19" wide so should leave space at either side for some other useful buttons or sockets to be mounted on the panel as well :)

funkymook
30-07-2011, 11:14 PM
Looks interesting even though I already have a Hercules controller for VDJ. I like the fact that the USB cable enters from the side.

Could someone who has one please let me know the dimensions as it looks like it would be pretty easy to make some custom metalwork to rack mount it but I am wondering if it would squeeze into 2U or if it would have to be a 3U panel. Im guessing its nowhere near 19" wide so should leave space at either side for some other useful buttons or sockets to be mounted on the panel as well :)

Just so happens had one within reach - and a tape measure handy.

It's 30cm x 8cm. Mini USB enters from left hand side.

katman
30-07-2011, 11:17 PM
Thanks Martin. 80mm is cool becuase 2U is 89mm :)